Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin Is So Volatile  (Read 1242 times)
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:09:31 PM

Hi,

Could you explain more? Coud you give your own opinion?

Here are some explanatory factors (but maybe some are missing):
1- prices tend to be chaotic because bitcoin doesn't rely on everything real
2- statement and announcement effects have huge impact on trends
3- period of the year has an impact
4- mass media tend to make the community grow or decrease.. and so do prices
5- people may be a bit more reluctant now, after the huge rise in December 2018

But these are only some factors...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 02:15:52 PM

Thanks for sharing such a kind article. I would like to add that bitcoin volatile movement is due to many factors and some of them are like a huge increase in the participation number and because of which the demand and supply behavior changes. The popularity of the bitcoin is also another reason because of which thousands of new traders enter this crypto market daily and because of all these reasons the volatility of the bitcoin is increasing with rapid speed. I am expecting to increase more in upcoming months.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:04:28 PM

Volatility of bitcoin has developed due to the dearth of market knowledge amongst it's investors. People investing in bitcoin for a quick cash generally tend to get swayed by market emotions and overambitious claims by the champions of the crypto currency.
The complexity of Blockchain and the esoteric manner in which the currency operates makes it a tough study, this leads to people investing mostly on the basis of little know ledge and hearsay. As a result the market experiences intermittent patterns of sharp rise and fall, this leads to volatility.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:26:21 PM

You know Bitcoin is one currecny which can give you eronmous profit. Now how that is possible ? This is only possible because of the volatile  nature of the bitcoins which makes it most profitable. This volatilty also have a negative side that in case of loss, the loss will also be high.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:59:10 PM

Not really I read it and it is the same old argument, saying that bitcoin does not have value at all, but maybe we are all imagining the huge amount of money invested by the miners to mine bitcoin and the technology behind bitcoin which solved several problems that until that point were not solved, the volatility comes from mainly two factors the uneven demand for bitcoin and its limited supply.

The sad truth is, Bitcoin is volatile because it doesn't have real use in the economy as a currency with which people buy things and pay for services. Uneven demand that you talk about is a straightforward consequence of that. If Bitcoin was used as a means of payment, the demand for it would soon stabilize relative to the amount of goods and the volume of services offered for it. But because the vast majority of demand comes from plain speculation, it is prone to wildest fluctuations leading to extreme volatility.

You are right...In additional,Today despite the fact that bitcoin has a developing nature we don't have enaugh grounds to use it for buying goods in real life and to use for our special purposes,Of course it doesn't mean that bitcoin is not first in its work but we need more decisions from business makers and tendences,Less fees and other supporting factors to integrate it in our society and I hope it will be very soon.Anyway I think that bitcoin tendences from different private sectors are the main factor in this case because there will be more competitive environment,therefore price will be much more than today.
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:18:48 PM

yeah bitcoin is just like a finshed product don't have any fundamental intrensic
and the price are made because of the supply and demand rule
because the natural itself can kill bitcoin if there is still people use it not wisely

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:42:28 PM

Thanks for sharing such a kind article. I would like to add that bitcoin volatile movement is due to many factors and some of them are like a huge increase in the participation number and because of which the demand and supply behavior changes. The popularity of the bitcoin is also another reason because of which thousands of new traders enter this crypto market daily and because of all these reasons the volatility of the bitcoin is increasing with rapid speed. I am expecting to increase more in upcoming months.
I think that the increase in the price of bitcoin depends on the admission and advertising. Some companies have Bitcoin reserves, these companies keep these Bitcoins as a payment method, but there are customers who do not use Bitcoin as a payment method. For this reason, these companies are selling Bitcoin in their hands, only 5k Bitcoin has been sold on a stock exchange today.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:50:52 PM

bitcoin is unstable because there is no regulator as soon as it appears and these movements have already begun we will see some stability , but my opinion this will not happen soon
I have even come across people who told that there was time when they had the chance to buy bitcoin free of cost. Then there was a time when bitcoin was only 12 dollars’ worth. But with the increasing interest of investors and fame it got from millionaires, bitcoin started growing up at amazing rate. The reason was its limited supply and very high demand. Big investors prefer this coin over others. All is well that ends well and this fluctuation is damn adorable.
ajdaj

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:35:47 PM

bitcoin is unstable because there is no regulator as soon as it appears and these movements have already begun we will see some stability , but my opinion this will not happen soon
I have even come across people who told that there was time when they had the chance to buy bitcoin free of cost. Then there was a time when bitcoin was only 12 dollars’ worth. But with the increasing interest of investors and fame it got from millionaires, bitcoin started growing up at amazing rate. The reason was its limited supply and very high demand. Big investors prefer this coin over others. All is well that ends well and this fluctuation is damn adorable.
Of course, if you have the means to buy cheaper coins, as well as cheap Bitcoin, then today you will be lucky. At least I see that Bitcoin will rise in price and it means that the profit will be enormous.
Starone1

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:15:59 PM

Actually we already experienced it no need to mention but yes sad to say it is now in the dump situation where all of us are already lose pur profit Sad
No it is no need to say no to bitcoin in any situation, as if it is time to dump in price then it is important to hold your bitcoin, most of time people buy bitcoin at time of dump price, red market means price is going to be low but at the time of green in market you can sell to have profit, no body want lose because price get high once again when it get down, we will have to wait for price of bitcoin to be high, take the benefit of bitcoin volatility no need to sell it, hold it and be patient.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:25:38 AM

Volatility of bitcoin has developed due to the dearth of market knowledge amongst it's investors. People investing in bitcoin for a quick cash generally tend to get swayed by market emotions and overambitious claims by the champions of the crypto currency.
The complexity of Blockchain and the esoteric manner in which the currency operates makes it a tough study, this leads to people investing mostly on the basis of little know ledge and hearsay. As a result the market experiences intermittent patterns of sharp rise and fall, this leads to volatility.
Agree with you bitcoin is volatile and it does not have fixed value because in market bitcoin price use to change because of change in market value, people are developing trust for bitcoin which is making bitcoin noticeably high now. Bitcoin is very easy to understand now as it is no more complicated and no more risky, people in market make blockchain promoted and well used currency,  with every moth the ratio of investment and speculation decide the value and the price of bitcoin, so bitcoin use to increase and decrease which creates twist in bitcoin community every months.
Vibr56

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

I think we are in a period of uncertainty just like during the early days of the internet where there were many skeptics and when its future was uncertain. The world will adapt to it sooner or later imo.
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:55:19 AM

I think we are in a period of uncertainty just like during the early days of the internet where there were many skeptics and when its future was uncertain. The world will adapt to it sooner or later imo.
This is what i think too..Anything that is new and has a high potential to overcome the conventional ways is called CHANGE and people more often than not will have a hard time to accept or cope up because they get used of the things they usually do Or atmost for the lack of Knowledge about this new advancement. But soon enough with the right media exposure and we as human being who are in constant of finding ways to make life more better for living must help to spread the importance and how efficient the use of bitcoin. Nowadays in our advance technology and with the internet it is much better to do transactions using bitcoin.
alex M

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:29:05 PM

Normally, bitcoin price is volatile because it is dependent on the supply which is limited and demand which are increasing.
19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:01:31 AM

Normally, bitcoin price is volatile because it is dependent on the supply which is limited and demand which are increasing.

Well, there are multiple contributory factors to note. In conventional markets, a volatility index is used to scale volatility. However, bitcoin is still much too primitive to have its own generally applicable index. Below are some contributors of the volatility of the bitcoin price.

1.Negative Publicity.
2.Perceived Value Also Fluctuates.
3.Highly Variable Perspectives Concerning Store Value and Method of Value for Bitcoin (BTC).
4.Tiny Option Value to Large Holders of the Currency.
5.Security Breaches Trigger Reactions from Investors.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:13:33 AM

You know what even if you will not read that article you could still explain in simple things on why bitcoin is so volatile in terms or its market price. The market price for bitcoin are moving constantly and no once could pin down the exact amount or value of bitcoin. We can only describe the bitcoin market price but not the exact value. Why does this happen? In simple explanation bitcoin has a lot of investors. As its demand increases its market price also increases. So everytime an investors around the world invest in bitcoin it adds up to the demand and thus market price for bitcoin move. And after a certain period of time another investor also will going to sell the bitcoin holdings especially if that someone has already the profit to earn bitcoin. So bitcoin demand will decrease so as the bitcoin market price. This the main reason why bitcoin market price value is volatile.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:28:37 AM

Of course, if you have the means to buy cheaper coins, as well as cheap Bitcoin, then today you will be lucky. At least I see that Bitcoin will rise in price and it means that the profit will be enormous.
i think so, indeed with high volatile this can utilized to gain a great advantage. at the moment btc price is very low so it's a good time to buy it, so that later we will get big profit
anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:47:45 AM

I have always been asking myself the same question on why Bitcoin is so volatile. I compared it to Ethereum which is the second best Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin Cash. I came to notice something, and that is, despite Ethereum being steps ahead of Bitcoin Cash in the market and having a huge market cap, Bitcoin Cash was still more volatile than it. I just concluded that the reason Bitcoin itself was very volatile is because there are lots of demand for it and the supply rate is low. But after reading this article, I’m a little bit confused.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:54:15 AM

The price of the market is always depending on the supply and demand of every coin so you can always expect the market to be unpredictable, another thing is that, the value of other cryptocurrency is also based on bitcoins so there will be different prices every time.
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:54:45 AM

It is because of the investors we are the ones who are making it volatile,
We are the one who is responsible for the price of the crypto currencies because we are the ones who are investing in it and it depends on the demand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: