Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:36:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction for a gold coin on biddingpond  (Read 3243 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 04:00:05 AM

Just started a two weeks auction for a french gold coin on biddingpond.

http://www.biddingpond.com/item.php?id=246

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 06:22:54 PM

I know there are still 9 days left but come'on, 106 BTC ?

You can do better than that, guys.

Anonymous

January 26, 2011, 06:52:00 PM

I helped you out. : D I will end up putting all my assets on this thing but I have always wanted to give gold a shot.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 07:07:50 PM

I helped you out. : D I will end up putting all my assets on this thing but I have always wanted to give gold a shot.

that's much better indeed Smiley

barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2011, 07:19:12 PM

I know there are still 9 days left but come'on, 106 BTC ?

You can do better than that, guys.

I don't know why, but on auction sites like Ebay, most of the bidding tends to be done in the last 5 minutes.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 01:56:50 AM

Robert,
Why do I feel you are nothing more than a troll trying to cause controversy. Also, you still have not answered my question in a previous thread on what program and heuristic algorithm you used to scan my site. I suggest you answer these questions so the community can actually start to take you seriously.

I just finished coding a web-app similar to eSnipe, but this one is to be used with BiddingPond (it took me a week and a half to code). Let's hope my "snipe" on this auction is successful and I get the coin (at least I hope that)! Hehehehe...  he. MUWAHAHAHAHA!! 

By the way, just in case you're wondering, I'm NOT sharing this app with ANYONE; it's just to be used for me...    I hate to sound greedy, but I made this specifically for me to win BiddingPond auctions (since I couldn't find a sniping service/program for the site anywhere), so I don't want anyone else to beat my price with my own program. I hope that doesn't come across as rude or anything...   HOWEVER, if anyone is willing to offer me a high enough price (like say 800+ Bitcoins (or whatever the current rate for around 200 USD is), then I will give them the program AND the source, but they can't release it to anyone else without my permission. I know the price is outrageously high, but like I said, I don't want to give the app away.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 07:15:04 AM

there's no sense bidding early unless you can't be present at the end and want give your highest bid when you're online

Be aware that the seller can end the auction at any time if he's happy with the current bidding.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2011, 07:53:51 AM

I just finished coding a web-app similar to eSnipe, but this one is to be used with BiddingPond (it took me a week and a half to code). Let's hope my "snipe" on this auction is successful and I get the coin (at least I hope that)! Hehehehe...  he. MUWAHAHAHAHA!!  

By the way, just in case you're wondering, I'm NOT sharing this app with ANYONE; it's just to be used for me...    I hate to sound greedy, but I made this specifically for me to win BiddingPond auctions (since I couldn't find a sniping service/program for the site anywhere), so I don't want anyone else to beat my price with my own program. I hope that doesn't come across as rude or anything...   HOWEVER, if anyone is willing to offer me a high enough price (like say 800+ Bitcoins (or whatever the current rate for around 200 USD is), then I will give them the program AND the source, but they can't release it to anyone else without my permission. I know the price is outrageously high, but like I said, I don't want to give the app away.

This is stupid. If I'm willing to pay more than you the site will snip my bid right back over yours. You can't win unless you are willing to pay more than the most anyone else is willing to pay.

edit: oh, I get it. People feel like they are being sniped because of the auto bidder and you want them to think it was you.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 11:11:04 AM

oh! this i did not know. i thought i have time to get some bitcoins till the end of auction and see if i have enough to make a hopefully winning bid and that the auction will last untill the promoted end time.
ending an auction sooner does not make much sense, since bidders willing to offer more at the end could not post their offers. i understand however that early payment bit enough might be better than waiting till the end of auction.

my only concern is, that if i would make a high bid now, i could have trouble buy enough bitcoins at the end to clear the winning bid commitment.

There are many reasons why someone could make an early bid.

One of them is that he doesn't want to wait the very last minute and be outbidded by someone who has a program such as yours  Wink

So it makes sense to bid to the max amount you are willing to pay and just forget about it until the auction is finished.

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 11:18:41 AM

i'm bidding manually. even if the auction ends in the middle of the night
if only the current bitcoin price is right Smiley

Oh sorry I had you confused with talkinrock

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 02:31:41 PM

I've just noticed that the auction says (in "shipping conditions") :

"Buyer pays shipping expenses, international shipping".

I don't understand what this mean exactly, but I think that's a mistake I've made.  I will pay shipping, but it would be more accurate to say that shipping expense will be included in the selling price.

Anyway, it seems I can't modify the auction to say "Seller pays..."    Biddingond, could you make the modif please?

semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 09:41:46 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2011, 03:33:26 AM by BiddingPond.com

I've just noticed that the auction says (in "shipping conditions") :

"Buyer pays shipping expenses, international shipping".

I don't understand what this mean exactly, but I think that's a mistake I've made.  I will pay shipping, but it would be more accurate to say that shipping expense will be included in the selling price.

Anyway, it seems I can't modify the auction to say "Seller pays..."    Biddingond, could you make the modif please?

Not a problem I have to manually edit it. I will do that when I get to a computer sometime tonight.

All done.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 09:26:00 AM

All done.

thks

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2011, 09:59:39 AM

I'm not trying to troll, guys...    Undecided

@BiddingPond.com - I don't know the heuristic algorithm, as it's an unnamed program my cousin made for one of his computer science classes. He gave it to me on a flash-drive about a year and a half ago, and all of the source files are locked with encryption, so I couldn't access them even if I wanted to.

edit: oh, I get it. People feel like they are being sniped because of the auto bidder and you want them to think it was you.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here...   Huh

Your sniper either doesn't exist or isn't useful. I am willing to pay 60BTC for something. I type that in and forget about it. You can't snipe me, the site just auto-bids me over you up to 60BTC. You can win if you are wiling to pay more like everyone else.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2011, 10:00:50 AM

Less than two days left guys.

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2011, 01:31:35 PM

Ready?... Steady?  ... GO!!

Wink

ok I know current bid is correct already, but I'm sure you can do better guys.

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2011, 04:17:03 PM

if you like current 313,37 leet bid, i buy 2 coins and pay 15 % extra for buy now settlement

I guess this means you intend to bid.  Good.

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2011, 12:03:25 AM

Looking at the auction history, it seems that "ender_x" has some kind of automatic bidding.

So I think it's pointless to try to bid at the very last minute, unless you can guess what is ender_x's max bid.

ender_x

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2011, 12:07:16 AM

Its just biddingpond bidding up to my max.. I've only bid once.
;-)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2011, 02:58:24 AM

just one hour guys

talkinrock

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:12:52 AM

@Moderators - Since Biddingpond is no longer around, and I'm trying to remove my presence on the Bitcointalk forums, is it at all possible if you could either:

1.) Delete this thread (yes, I'm aware I'm not the OP, so that they may be a problem)

or 2.) Delete all references in this thread to my username and the single post with my (real) first name?

Thanks for your consideration!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: