Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Types of Exchanges we know  (Read 487 times)
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:02:16 PM

Thanks man, that's quite a nice post and I got to know a lot of different types of exchanges that I wasn't aware. I'm afraid that in practice, we are quite limited to the second type of exchanges you described (the centralized ones). I would like to use decentralized exchanges, since they would be a great way to avoid regulations fud, since they would be quite hard to shutdown (although like you said you can't trade fiat on them). The problem is that they lad to much right now.

I think it would be great if you added some examples of exchanges to your post. I don't know many decentralized exchanges, so it would be a great way of getting to know some more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jekbolt (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:53:50 PM

Thanks man, that's quite a nice post and I got to know a lot of different types of exchanges that I wasn't aware. I'm afraid that in practice, we are quite limited to the second type of exchanges you described (the centralized ones). I would like to use decentralized exchanges, since they would be a great way to avoid regulations fud, since they would be quite hard to shutdown (although like you said you can't trade fiat on them). The problem is that they lad to much right now.

I think it would be great if you added some examples of exchanges to your post. I don't know many decentralized exchanges, so it would be a great way of getting to know some more.

Thanks for merit you too!

ok, thanks for the advice - I will add 2-3 examples for each type of exchanges soon.

And you are right about centralised exchanges they are dominant now because there are still many problems with mechanics in decentralised exchanges.
Kramblerty

Merit: 15

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:40:07 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 10:58:32 PM by Kramblerty

3 is the best one, but centralized exchanges are leader in the industry for now, but in 2019 and 2020 there will be many decentralized exchanges like oax, they dominate the market.

If #3 is the best and centralized exchanges are leaders then why P2P crypto exchanges' (e.g. Localbitcoins) volume is growing?

One answer may be because the whole market is growing - more and more crypto adepts come).
But why these newcomers (part of them) choose p2p, not centralized exchanges?
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:13:48 AM

I usually use the first way to trade in the market because it's safe. You also understand that transactions in this market are not managed so if you are cheated or stolen then you can not get it back. So I usually through broker to make transactions for my property, a little transaction fee is acceptable so I feel safe for my property.

Could you please inform what commission you'r paying to your broker?
Are you actually buying crypto via that broker or "make a bet" cause the last case relates to the type #5.
Kramblerty

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:01:28 AM

..and what about dark pool atomic swap exchanges - what type is that? Huh
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:15:09 AM

..and what about dark pool atomic swap exchanges - what type is that? Huh

I think this is a mix of decentralised exchange and p2p type with the limitations related to fiat deposit/withdrawal.
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:51:04 PM

Kindly advise, can I (due to the forum policy) put ref links to the examples I will find good? Huh
Kramblerty

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:53:37 AM

I usually use the first way to trade in the market because it's safe. You also understand that transactions in this market are not managed so if you are cheated or stolen then you can not get it back. So I usually through broker to make transactions for my property, a little transaction fee is acceptable so I feel safe for my property.

Could you please inform what commission you'r paying to your broker?
Are you actually buying crypto via that broker or "make a bet" cause the last case relates to the type #5.

In London, the commisions of such brokers can vary from 1 to 3%
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:12:20 AM

Kindly vote https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2939981.msg30196846#msg30196846
to choose the most influencing parameters for you when choosing the Exchange.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 12:30:08 PM

Kindly advise, can I (due to the forum policy) put ref links to the examples I will find good? Huh

I don't know if your thread would qualify for that, I think you need to improve the design a bit for that.
In any case, you'd have to ask one of the moderators if you're allowed to do that.

Don't add them before you've gotten permission though.

destroyer01

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:40:42 PM

Reverse exchanges areverse exchange is a strategy that allows you to preserve your ability to take advantage of a 1031 exchange when, for whatever reason, you must take title to the replacement property before conveying title of the relinquished property to a buyer.
Greg Gregztle

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:15:40 PM

I'd also split exchanges into:

1) Accepting Fiat
2) Non-Accepting Fiat
Perseusallen

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:41:45 PM

Coinbase is considered by many as the best exchange for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. It has own associated wallet with Android and iOS apps. Some of the users have complained of privacy violations.Coinbase was founded in 2012. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California. It allows the users to make recurring purchases to invest in various cryptocurrencies. It is one of the most renowned cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:28:51 PM

I don't know if your thread would qualify for that, I think you need to improve the design a bit for that.
In any case, you'd have to ask one of the moderators if you're allowed to do that.

Don't add them before you've gotten permission though.

Ok, thanks a lot!! I also had tried to connect via PM to moderator but can not (due to my low rang)
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:46:27 AM

Awesome post man , i got a solid knowledge of exchanges through your article , please keep it up.
Thumbs UP.
 Cool Cool Cool
cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:51:37 AM

Awesome post man , i got a solid knowledge of exchanges through your article , please keep it up.
Thumbs UP.
 Cool Cool Cool

Yes, OP shared lot of information about the exchange and their features, so whether all of the exchanges are using the same criteria what he posted in the above?
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:17:00 AM

This is a great thread to summarize all cryptocurrencies exchanger and the type out there however i think most and all of them still posess high risk, its not about risk of being hacked but all trading activities have high risk of losing great amount of money, and for the record i think derivatives contract exchanger such as no 5. should be consider the most dangerous one to be pointed out because you can lose all your investment even if you're holding your bitcoin and not even sell them, because they use contract and many people not really understand the way this kind of trading platform works  Grin Grin
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:56:35 AM

This is a great thread to summarize all cryptocurrencies exchanger and the type out there however i think most and all of them still posess high risk, its not about risk of being hacked but all trading activities have high risk of losing great amount of money, and for the record i think derivatives contract exchanger such as no 5. should be consider the most dangerous one to be pointed out because you can lose all your investment even if you're holding your bitcoin and not even sell them, because they use contract and many people not really understand the way this kind of trading platform works  Grin Grin

Thanks! any merit donations would be very welcomed=) In near future I will add the info about what are the main concerns of the traders. Then we will try to evaluate each type of exchanges due to that concerns. Afterwards, we'll try to go even deeper with preparing some kind of table with all exchanges and their +/- with total ratings.
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:16:39 PM

Please participate in the poll - the crypto world needs your vote!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2940215.new#new
Vazil

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:02:20 PM

Please participate in the poll - the crypto world needs your vote!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2940215.new#new

I had voted! Good and useful thread... thanks
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: