Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 2560 times)
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:24:14 AM

... man you had forked this coin so many times that no one would trust it ever.

Wrong, you should educate yourself before making these false accusations. We have forked the coin only once and that was to stop it from producing unlimited coins due to a coding problem that was created before our watch.
And you changed the difficulty adjustment...
And you lowered the block reward, 100X...

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 12:31:45 AM

500 for you guys that mined it before it was anywhere

45 for anyone now or in the future

Yea, great way to garner new interest in your project (if you can call it that)

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:01:13 AM

We have mined very few coins. Most of the early adopters and miners from the 500 era dumped their shares onto the open market. That's one of the reasons the price is so unbelievably low at this point.

Don't take this as me being a dick, because I'm totally 100% neutral on caring whether this one succeeds or fails. I'm just saying that as an outside observer, if I were someone who was about to invest into crypto currencies, I would definitely do my homework and research before blindly throwing money at something. The history of this coin is just too tainted to garner any  real, worthwhile investors.

Again, not trying to be a dick so don't take this as an attack, it's purely outside observation. I have no idea what you guys are doing or plan to do, I'm just telling you that the most readily available information makes this look shady as fuck compared to other coins I can put my money into just as easily

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:20:52 AM

We have mined very few coins. Most of the early adopters and miners from the 500 era dumped their shares onto the open market. That's one of the reasons the price is so unbelievably low at this point.

Don't take this as me being a dick, because I'm totally 100% neutral on caring whether this one succeeds or fails. I'm just saying that as an outside observer, if I were someone who was about to invest into crypto currencies, I would definitely do my homework and research before blindly throwing money at something. The history of this coin is just too tainted to garner any  real, worthwhile investors.

Again, not trying to be a dick so don't take this as an attack, it's purely outside observation. I have no idea what you guys are doing or plan to do, I'm just telling you that the most readily available information makes this look shady as fuck compared to other coins I can put my money into just as easily

I don't take this as you being a $ick. Your time and input are highly valued.

Best thing you could do, in my opinion, is go back to the 500 GLD block rewards, and start the natural process of lowering it back to 49 in increments.

Obviously, this would most likely not work at this point and just further dilute the per coin price, but going from 500 to 49 in one jump looks greedy as shit. If you had gone like 500, 250, 150, 100, 49, you would be a lot better off. Or even 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 49

Don't blame it on the code. You didn't need to reduce it like 90% just to fix the code from generating coins for infinity. You could have just as easily raised the lifetime cap

Right now it just looks like a money grab

FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:22:01 AM

This does not change the fact that early miners got 11x coins per block compared to now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:22:43 AM

The price is so low because this is nothing more than a copy/paste Litecoin clone.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  MOVE ON.

Having "Gold" in the name means nothing.  You could have called it MyAssCoin and it would have been just as popular
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:40:45 AM

This does not change the fact that early miners got 11x coins per block compared to now.

We debated the best way to fix the problem and came up with a solution that we felt was best.

It's not a perfect solution but it created a coin with a chance for tremendous long-term success. I think when we look back from the perspective of a $100 GoldCoin, this period in the coin's history will be little more that a tiny bump in the road.

That's exactly when (if) this will be the biggest issue. It will most likely be the same reason you never achieve those numbers, realistically

And stop saying you will pass BTC, it just makes you look stupid. Again, not an attack, outside observation. It's not good to overpromise. If anything, underpromise and overdeliver.

Just admit defeat to that beast and aim to pass Litecoin

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:11:20 AM

However, I honestly think that will happen and not a single person has been able to point out to me why it can't and why it won't.

People have told you, you just ignore it so you can do you youtube scam-o-mercials. 

NETWORK EFFECT.

Bitcoin has it and GoldCoin doesn't.  This is isn't to say something can displace Bitcoin but the network effect sets the bar high and it will need to be something vastly superior.  GoldCoin is a weak copy of a copy with absolutely no innovation.   If Bitcoin is displaced it won't be by that garbage.
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:16:59 AM

goldcoin  Grin ? man, you are dreaming. i guess goldcoin is a poor copy of litecoin ? Grin

you have to post it there also:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Gold coins could make an impact if they made physicals. Casascius the name is already used, but you could invent some totally random name, maybe change the capital C to K, maybe something like Kruger... what about Krugerrand?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:21:30 AM

if I were someone who was about to invest into crypto currencies, I would definitely do my homework and research before blindly throwing money at something. The history of this coin is just too tainted to garner any  real, worthwhile investors.

Pot calling the kettle black.

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:51:04 AM

you still didn't answer 2 of my questions:

1- how many coins do you hold (honestly)
2- how much is the network Hash-rate right now ( I know how much it is but I want you to tell it here)

when talking about digital-crypto currencies the first thing comes to any investor mind is the security of this currency, I know some people who can destroy your coin twice a day by pointing their hash power to the network.
your coin is a bad copy of LTC, forked, suffers with the low net-hashrate, and every single and most important parameter about it was changed, and have a group of scammers running it, calling the people involved developers is a shame for IT, your a bad copiers, Bitcoin and Litecoin developers did the work and you just come and copy past....

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:01:46 AM

Bitcoin and Litecoin developers did the work and you just come and copy past....

Open source...no?
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:03:39 AM

Bitcoin and Litecoin developers did the work and you just come and copy past....

Open source...no?

yes, which make it a bad copy  Wink , and the one who copy and past cant call him self a Dev, developing is all about innovation and resolving issues.....
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:24:39 AM

Open source...no?

yes, which make it a bad copy  Wink , and the one who copy and past cant call him self a Dev, developing is all about innovation and resolving issues.....

yes within this community there's certainly alot of blabber on about innovation, every troll in every thread seem to repeat the same gibberish, does anyone here ever think in actual terms of decent public adoption?

Which brings me to the point; 1)  joe public doesn't give two hoots about what u guys describe as innovation. 2) I am yet to see any real innovation in this alt section of the forum.,

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: