Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:44:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Use #1105: Ridding the Community of Unwanted Members  (Read 3107 times)
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 01:34:08 AM

What if somebody setup a bounty of Bitcoins towards the person who guesses the correct date when a forum member will disappear -- for whatever reason? Could this potentially work?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:35:32 AM

What if somebody setup a bounty of Bitcoins for the person who guesses the correct date when a forum member will disappear for whatever reason? Could this potentially work?

Yes. Potentially.
EricJ2190

Activity: 134
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:36:04 AM

You mean an assassination market?
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 01:37:51 AM

No. I never mentioned murder.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:40:22 AM

I bet 1 btc on Angelus Design, my guess is "not soon enough"

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
x0Jakeyboy0x

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:16:46 AM

Good market, not exactly a good way to make friends though.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:06:13 AM

it would have to be an assassination market, no?

Example:
you bet 50 BTC that im gone for good tommorrow.

Two weeks later and i've not posted since, and i've deleted my account, you SEEM to have won the bet, but unless im dead I can still return.

Stan?! STAN?!?!
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 03:12:04 AM

Example:

Two weeks later and i've not posted since, and i've deleted my account, you SEEM to have won the bet, but unless im dead I can still return.
You can still return under breach of contract. ; ) You could could of been paid a portion of the bounty to stay out.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:15:26 AM

Example:

You can still return under breach of contract. ; ) You could could of been paid a portion of the bounty to stay out.

True, and I would would have accepted

Stan?! STAN?!?!
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:17:04 AM

So whoever got more money decides who is unwanted? Hm...why does that sound so familiar?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 03:23:42 AM

So whoever got more money decides who is unwanted? Hm...why does that sound so familiar?
The Circle of Life~
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:09:38 AM

If you can identify breaches, e.g. people can't assume new identities and enter by stealth, then this could work as a stream of payments.
e.g. as long as you put 0.05 BTC per week in my account I will not enter the forum.

Of course, there is nothing to stop people from creating new identities. So it would only work for removing troublesome "trusted" bitcoin veterans who value their forum identities. Atlas, what is your weekly rate?  Wink
Hook^

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:12:15 AM

I bet 1 btc on Angelus Design, my guess is "not soon enough"
Angelus Design has some good points about the feasability of mining right now, although I haven't seen a lot of his posts.  I don't think that he deserves to be offed for expressing them.

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:14:36 AM

Could an admin just change the persons email and password and prevent them from ever logging in?

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:19:25 AM

Example:

This is terrible that we are talking about this. Huh
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:24:56 AM

Indeed, it is terrible to murder human beings for simply being douchebags on forum. The people who did these kind of things are even worse than douchebags.

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:26:08 AM

Indeed, it is terrible to murder human beings for simply being douchebags on forum.

no, no, no, no, no, its...all just fun and games.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 04:29:58 AM

You don't need to kill someone, you just need to convince them not to post on the the forums.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:36:15 AM

Can you bet on yourself and get the bounty? In that case i bet 1,000,000 BTC that I leave the forums tomorrow.

Send BTC to 8fH3Jh2k32kKdj2wkfldodjepoedjdpdjdpodjdpdkjfmc

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Hook^

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:48:14 AM

Wouldn't it be more useful for Bitcoin to rid the US of Chuck Schumer?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: