Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Problem With Bit Coin (and all crypto coins)  (Read 221 times)
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:25:20 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 03:27:09 PM by o_e_l_e_o

The problem with NASDAQ, and all stock markets, is that they are nothing but a Ponzi scheme where people are looking to sell it to the next guy for a higher price. (/s)

This is nonsense and has nothing to do with bitcoin. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency aren't a replacement for traditional investments.  When you say things like this it confuses those (likely yourself as well) as to what Bitcoin is meant for.

Bitcoin is a payment system and or store of value (up for debate) but it's not a traditional asset.  It uses exchanges like Coinbase and Bitfinex to facilitate it's trade.  The Nasdaq, the S&P500 etc are exchanges where the trade of stocks and other investments are facilitated.  There's a big difference between products and the exchanges their sold on.

Of course everyone is looking to sell it to the next guy for a higher price.  I'd highly recommend picking up some basic investing books and spending a little time to understand how financial markets work because it is clear you do not.

I think you have missed the joke here. On the internet, /s is generally used to indicate that you were being sarcastic. I am simply pointing out the ridiculousness of OP's statement.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: