Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-09-10 lfb.org - The “Domestic Terrorist” You Can Call a Hero  (Read 5387 times)
Stephen Gornick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:32:38 AM

The “Domestic Terrorist” You Can Call a Hero
by Jeffrey Tucker

"Economist F.A. Hayek wrote that it was entirely possible that a high-quality private money could compete with a government money."
-
"But who would step out and make the attempt? What entrepreneur would dare come forward and offer up an alternative as a product in the consumer market?  Bernard von NotHaus was the man"
-
"The notion that government was trying to protect a marvelous system against domestic terrorism is mind-boggling, since the truth is rather obvious: The government was trying to protect a terrible system from being overthrown by competition."
-
"Bitcoin is a brilliant combination of the Liberty Dollar’s soundness and Napster’s distribution methods, with a few extra features thrown in to protect it against shutdowns."
-
"The revolution will not occur with guns and battles, but through enterprise, entrepreneurship, and a billion tiny acts of peaceful consumer choice."

- http://lfb.org/today/the-domestic-terrorist-you-can-call-a-hero

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StarfishPrime

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:21:43 PM

Agencies tried very hard to regulate Paypal out of existence too in the very beginning, but it had grown quickly and could afford to fight back.

The bitcoin foundation is needed, if nothing else than to fight the future legal battles that will surely come.

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 05:09:05 PM

Agencies tried very hard to regulate Paypal out of existence too in the very beginning, but it had grown quickly and could afford to fight back.

The bitcoin foundation is needed, if nothing else than to fight the future legal battles that will surely come.

+1

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 05:56:15 PM

The author, Jeffrey Tucker, is a very strong Bitcoin supporter and himself one of the paragons of the Libertarian powers that be, one of Ron Paul's inner circle, Mises Institute, and a long list of credentials.  He is a powerful personality in his own right.  He was Master of Ceremonies at the Libertopia festival.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Tucker

He correctly identifies some of the "wise founder's" early influences with Napster and Liberty Dollar. 

Though with the Liberty Dollar trial still pending, I am not sure whether making this connection, true as it may be, is a good thing for the disposition of that case, though I was touched by his opening paraphrasing of Bob Dylan's "I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine" with Bernard as the Saint.

Kudos to Mr Tucker.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:28:05 PM

one day he will write about Satoshi with the same fondness altho i doubt he will be fortunate enough to meet him on some terrace.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1299

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:35:28 PM

Or it is needed in order to delay future battles until bitcoin is in use in enough places worldwide that it will be too late to stop.  :-)

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 07:04:11 PM

one day he will write about Satoshi with the same fondness altho i doubt he will be fortunate enough to meet him on some terrace.

Life is long, and the world large.  I am often surprised by chance meetings.  Fortune sometimes brings us to be in the right places and times.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:15:39 PM

No a community of us united to help fight those battles is need. Not one organization that believes in misusing funds and being closed off from the community.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 11:05:26 PM

No a community of us united to help fight those battles is need. Not one organization that believes in misusing funds and being closed off from the community.

Yes, we need a curious amalgam of amicus curiae.

Would be nice to have a bunch of "foundations" "framers" "plumbers" and all the rest of the house. 
If you are prone to organize a group, the field is wide open.

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 01:06:14 AM

awesome article, i was not aware of that book by Hayek

I probably was nodding off in my advisor's econ history class since he was a Hayek fan and likely mentioned it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: