Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:17:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Register with Dwolla and you might be called a terrorist.  (Read 2663 times)
Pipesnake (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:34:30 PM

Posted from Fatwallet:

Opened an account with this company and had a $240 payment sent to my account. Soon after I received an email that my account was suspended. When I inquired about the cause of the suspension I was accused of being a terrorist!!

I receive mail at a mail receiving agent that many folks use.

This is the exact text of the email:

Mr. *****,

Thank you for your patience. Here is the reason that your Dwolla Account has been suspended:
Your address matches exactly to an OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) address listed on their SDN (Specially Designated Nationals & Blocked Persons) targets to be affiliated with a known terrorist foundation.
OFAC website - http://www.treasury.gov/about/organizational-structure/offices/P...
OFAC Resource Center - http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages...
SDN List that your address matches - http://www.treasury.gov/ofac/downloads/t11sdn.pdf
You can hit CTRL + F and type your address to find where on the list your address appears.

We have been instructed to determine whether you are affiliated with the ALHARAMAIN ISLAMIC FOUNDATION (there are several other known aliases - please see your address on the SDN list to review them all). Your funds will be held until we can verify that you are not affiliated with this organization.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Are you affiliated with the ALHARAMAIN ISLAMIC FOUNDATION?
2. How long have you resided a this current address?
3. Are you representing yourself or a corporate entity?

Please do not call us to answer these questions. We require that you respond via email. We appreciate your cooperation, sir.

Ben Murga
Dwolla Support

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:37:23 PM

Has nothing whatsoever to do with Dwolla, you got caught on the SDN list, kind of like the people who every year get caught on the "no-fly" list because of an unfortunate name. Not Dwolla's fault really... Where exactly do you live and how long have you lived there?
RyanWebber

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:39:14 PM

Well clearly sir you are a terroist. Shame on you.

If I have been remotely useful feel free to donate:
1DgkA1S64CoVGu1q5JFSz4maRQJYw2dMC8
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:47:41 PM

LOL this accusation is kinda funny. those silly questions proves nothing, and also you can decide whether to tell the truth or not, which dwolla has to decide if they believe you or not.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 10:20:40 PM

LOL this accusation is kinda funny. those silly questions proves nothing, and also you can decide whether to tell the truth or not, which dwolla has to decide if they believe you or not.

This is the banking version of:

Sir have you packed your bags yourself?
Has anyone unknown to you asked you to carry anything on the flight?

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: