Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42009 times)
fumble

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:31:33 PM

Minimum order 5.
Shame that I would of liked one from the hobby miner angle.

Good luck with it all the same.

Unfortunately I don't think Kev wants to be boxing hundreds and hundreds of single units day after day... had to have an MOQ.

Yes putting a $290 item that you selling into a box is such a chore.  Cheesy

Sure is if you are the only one doing it 1000x.

That is silly.  I could get 3-4 people here in the U.S. @ $8/hr each and they could probably box at least 50 per hour each.  8 hour day = 1600 orders for only $512
You can't tell me that the labor cost in Indonesia is more than here. I'm guessing you could get 10x the labor for the same price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:40:50 PM

I expected to be disappointed by the price, but it's larger than normal. On the other hand, my disappointment is not directed at them, obviously they need to make money from this, and as much as we would all like this well under 1 BTC, they aren't doing this for charity. They have every right to make an immediate ROI, as we all wish we could do.

Love the product, I think the people behind it are decent, but I have to bow out on the price. Good luck and happy mining!

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:51:02 PM

I expected to be disappointed by the price, but it's larger than normal. On the other hand, my disappointment is not directed at them, obviously they need to make money from this, and as much as we would all like this well under 1 BTC, they aren't doing this for charity. They have every right to make an immediate ROI, as we all wish we could do.

Love the product, I think the people behind it are decent, but I have to bow out on the price. Good luck and happy mining!

Now that's the spirit!  Congratulate on achievement, express disappointment at price, wish well and bow out and wait for better opportunities.  Why can't everyone be so thoughtful?
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:06:51 PM

Now that's the spirit!  Congratulate on achievement, express disappointment at price, wish well and bow out and wait for better opportunities.  Why can't everyone be so thoughtful?

Uh... because this is the fucking Internet...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:35:11 PM

Now that's the spirit!  Congratulate on achievement, express disappointment at price, wish well and bow out and wait for better opportunities.  Why can't everyone be so thoughtful?
I would gladly buy the things at the right price. We are talking about something for a financial investment, not a new TV, price is critical.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:39:50 AM

Appreciated. We do what we can with what we got.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:46:23 AM

The thing they need to understand, and quickly, is that the goal at this point is to merely lose the least money possible.  Whether they fail to sell at 2btc or 20btc makes little difference.  If they intend to sell them, they need to be sold at the highest possible price, even if that entails a loss.  If they intend to mine with them, then Godspeed.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:05:04 AM

I didn't realize the chips essentially priced BPMC out of the market.

That sucks.

I was stoked up to when your cost was announced.

Batch 2?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:16:47 AM

Batch 2?

If enough people are interested.

Message me if you have any problems
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:23:00 AM

If they accepted pre-orders, would you pay now for a chance to get them first? Batch 1 is already priced. Batch 2 will be cheaper. How much are you willing to pay, and how long are you willing to wait?

We've already seen working units. Now all they need to do is buy a bunch of cheaper priced chips.

OTOH, they got their Avalon chips refunded ...

erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:35:36 AM

Batch 2?

Cool.
If I get refunded by Yifu via the pus-case that was ragingazn's Avalon Group Buy, I would seriously consider using that paltry BTC4 toward these... (if the pricepoint decreases at the same ratio as chip prices).

Until my KnC gear starts to earn some coin, I will stay bitpoor.

If you accept paypal, however...
:-)

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
colemab

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:04:18 AM

Batch 2?

I think you could sell these at the current price and minimum order *if* you sold batch 2 to batch 1 customers at the break even point or slightly above (i.e. give a discount on batch 1 customers in batch 2 to make up for the lack of ROI on batch one) and the chips were much cheaper in batch 2.  This is very similar to how the AM block erupter deal went down.  I know it has already been mentioned in this thread but I just wanted to echo the thought.
integrity42

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 02:09:34 AM

Batch 2?

Interested at 0.5BTC each, if it is delivered by october 7th.

http://www.btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=86933017.771194&dcosts=50&diff_mincrease=25&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=2500&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=128.11&dpowcon=30&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=2&action=calc

Interested at 0.4BTC, if it is delivered by october 19th.

http://www.btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=86933017.771194&dcosts=50&diff_mincrease=25&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=2500&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=128.11&dpowcon=30&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=3&action=calc

Interested at 0.3BTC, if it is delivered by october 31st.

These pricing levels all allow customers to ROI, with enough profit to adjust for risk that you are late / dont deliver / diff goes higher then expected, etc.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:14:48 AM

Cool product, but very disappointing price. I won't be buying any of these at this price.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:35:13 AM

Price?  Min. order quantity?

I noticed in the video you appear to be in a tropical environment, hopefully near Thailand for cheap shipping?

Shipping from Batam (Indonesia)
Price: Wait for tomorrow.
Min Order: None that I know of.

No chance any of you guys are going to the Singapore GP next week is there?
lol if he does im certainly im getting a few of it as im going there next week as well!

EDIT: just read the whole thread. DAT PRICE

no thanks i'll stick with my knc gb shares!  Grin
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:21:23 AM

I just sat and ready EVERY page and EVERY comment on this thread.  It appears a WHOLE lot of individuals did not.

BPMC stated their price, their requirements, and were up front with everything asked of them.

Will this product ROI at 2.1 BTC?  Probably not, Will a BE ROI at .15 BTC?  Probably not.  ROI is a concern to most miners, but not the argument here in my mind, but execution and as of the post stating they are ready to ship they have executed.

They have taken an idea to market in a very short time.  To do so has it's costs and they have READY TO SHIP PROOF that their COOP can execute.  Many may not like the price, but at the end of the day they did something MANY other companies have not even been able to do is bring a product to market that is ready to ship when they say it is without preorders.  The product from a USB perspective is a far superior product to anything currently readily available on the market so comparing it to a BE which is what is being done is only partially fair.

I own a handful of BEs.  I paid around $150 each for my first 3, I paid $50 for my 4th, and my next 7 will be here tomorrow for around $130 combined.  Will those ever ROI I doubt it and understand that fact.  Everyone buying BEs today should realize that even with free power, shipping, and a cost of .1 BTC or under there is a slim chance if any to break even if you had the device in hand tomorrow.  I am excited to see more products come to market and continue to support Bitcoin and the community as a whole.  I can't afford to purchase these now, but I don't understand everyone hating on an organization so much?  If you don't want to buy at this price don't it's really simple to understand.  They already said they will mine with them if they don't sell, great that helps us all keeping a distributed secure network that will continue to grow.

If you want to throw some math into the observation VERY QUICK NUMBERS:
1 BF1 - 2.1 BTC shipped each (minimum order does not matter as this could be group purchased etc.)  This uses 1 port in a USB hub at 2.5 GHash
8 BEs - around 1.27 BTC shipped at around .15 each, requirement of 8 ports at around .031 BTC cost per port (Dlink 7 port/6 useable at $26ish each) or an additional cost of .25 BTC total: 1.52 BTC

Is the electricity cost and port density on your hub worth the additional .5-.6 BTC?  That's for you to decide, but it has it's benefits and in the grand scheme of taking everything into consideration of setup and configuration 1 USB is easier to operate, setup, and maintain than 8.  Overall it is a better product at a higher price tag for the FIRST RUN of the product.  We can only assume the price will come down as the component cost comes down, but as we all know the Bitcoin game is a rat race with ever increasing difficulty recently that is difficult for the average person mining to stay ahead of.  I mine and participate because I fully support the idea and really enjoy Bitcoin and the people for the most part they are in general very helpful.  I do take into consideration ROI in hopes that I don't completely throw all my money away, but at the end of the day I enjoy it and will continue to participate as much as I can.  I know many are in the same boat, but there are different levels.

Those that are in it JUST to make money
Those that are in it to SUPPORT and secure the network
Those that are in it to SUPPORT it as a currency
Those that are in it to make a quick buck
Those that are just curious and want to see what it is about
Those that are combinations of all or some of the above

Recap, price announced, reasons given and defended with alternative to not selling.  I may not like the price, but I'm not going to bash a group that appears to be doing good things for the community and is actually able to deliver products to us that is superior to anything comparable on the market today.

/end rant

you are funny, if you are a collector and take this as a hobby then do not speak for miners.... miners do this as a side job and they have to profit from their investment, and yes I am here to profit "shit I've just said it" otherwise I would just buy Bitcoins and wait for the value to rise........
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:34:32 AM

at current diff 2.5 GH gets you roughly $55 a month

I wouldn't pay more than $100 +n shipping for these puppies.

Next Diff stop est. 103 mil will knock profits to $45 monthly

You say "monthly" but it's worse than that.  Difficulty is changing 3 times per month at the current rate (10 days each)

So $55 / 3 = $18 / 10 = $1.80 x 2 or 3 = $5.40 for only a couple more days...
Then $45 / 3 = $15 for the next 10 days... (diff 110?)
and so on...  Diff will be 130 maybe after the next?

$294 for 2.5GH is silly.  In 2012 this would've been awesome while GPU mining was still profitable...that would've been like 4 or 5 video cards.  But now it sounds retarded.  This guy is making a killing by ordering more in bulk for himself with the money you give him.  He's an old guy, and old guys are smart.  He's taking advantage of people here big time.

EDIT:  Yeah I didn't include shipping costs either.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:56:59 AM

I just think they jumped the gun on a BF chip purchase,paying way too much per chip.........should have waited for the price drop.......oh well,live & learn  Roll Eyes

Great device though,congrats!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:18:04 AM

Those that are in it JUST to make money
Those that are in it to SUPPORT and secure the network
Those that are in it to SUPPORT it as a currency
Those that are in it to make a quick buck
Those that are just curious and want to see what it is about
Those that are combinations of all or some of the above

Recap, price announced, reasons given and defended with alternative to not selling.  I may not like the price, but I'm not going to bash a group that appears to be doing good things for the community and is actually able to deliver products to us that is superior to anything comparable on the market today.

/end rant
Rant indeed.

What is the point of the people selling them? To make a profit.

Yes your whole rant was just reduced to nothing more than a rant with that one line.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:23:07 AM

October reels just landed on the site - $30/chip.  I'll work up a few options for 10 & 100 chip sample packs.  For now, I have sample chips available for shipping immediately, $127/chip.

This was posted TODAY at the US BitFury thread.

If you can wait till October (which is likely the end of October) you can expect to pay $30 per chip, minimum of 3000 chips.

If you want it now, then 2.1 BTC is the price. That's just how it is. You buy now, you get it over the weekend, it should be in your hands ready to hash by Monday or Tuesday.

Reference:
https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=33

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: