Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 06:21:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Locked out of Smartcash version v1.1.0 / Qt version 5.6.1 - HELP!  (Read 94 times)
ttocssregors (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:28:12 AM

I installed the Smartcash desktop wallet on my windows 10 computer in late January of 2018.
The wallet uses Qt version 5.6.1 and Smartcash version v1.1.0.

After I installed the wallet, I let it sync to 100%, which was really quick due to my ssd hard drive, 16gb of
ram and core i7 processor.

Next I typed in a 9 word password in a notepad text file where each word is separted by a single space. The length of the words
are exact in the example below:

alphaalp alphaalp alphaalp alph aplha alpha alphaa alpha alpha

All characters are lower case and alphabetic. No numbers or special characters exist.

Then - I saved the notepad text file.

FYI - I do all my passwords that I have to remember this way. I have been doing it this way for many years with great success.

Next I went to encrypt my wallet and I copied the 9 word password and pasted it into my wallet.

Around 1 to 2 hours later, I sent coins from the exchange to my wallet and 2 days later I sent more coins to
my wallet from the exchange.

1 week later I decided that I wanted to set up a smartcash smartnode (on vultr) and use the coins that I had
stored in my encrypted desktop wallet. For me to do this, I had to unlock my encrypted wallet.

I went to unencrypt my wallet by copying and pasting the password that I had in my notepad text file.

This is the error that I received:

22:52:18 walletpassphrase "alphaalp alphaalp alphaalp alph aplha alpha alphaa alpha alpha" 600
22:52:18 Error: The wallet passphrase entered was incorrect. (code -14)
22:53:47 walletpassphrase 'alphaalp alphaalp alphaalp alph aplha alpha alphaa alpha alpha' 600
22:53:47 Error: The wallet passphrase entered was incorrect. (code -14)

I have installed btcrecover on my computer to try and "brute force" the password and have been unsuccessful.

I have tried the following 4 token file examples below with no success.

C:\btcrecover-master>c:\python27\python btcrecover.py --tokenlist BTCtoken#.txt --wallet wallet.dat

Example password token file BTCtoken1.txt:
alphaalp alphaalp alphaalp alph aplha alpha alphaa alpha alpha

Example password token file BTCtoken2.txt:
alphaalp
alphaalp
alphaalp
alph
aplha
alpha
alphaa
alpha
alpha

Example password token file BTCtoken3.txt:
alphaalpalphaalpalphaalpalphaplhaalphaalphaaalphaalpha

Example password token file BTCtoken4.txt:
%0,20-alphaalpalphaalpalphaalpalphaplhaalphaalphaaalphaalpha%0,20-

Any help to figure this out would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: