Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas!!!!!!!  (Read 3645 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 02:58:23 AM

1. you need to keep track of every individual transaction between dollars and silver

2. then figure out your gains or losses investment wise.

1. Oh god, keeping receipts, what a nightmare. And in the age where every company sends you an email, and every phone is a camera. What ever will I do?

2. Only if I sell the silver. If I keep the silver until the sun explodes, I should be fine just putting that I bought it. I am not buying it as an investment, I am buying it for artistic purposes. I'm making my own stuff.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:02:00 AM

<- Texan.

1. you need to keep track of every individual transaction between dollars and silver

1. Oh god, keeping receipts, what a nightmare. And in the age where every company sends you an email, and every phone is a camera. What ever will I do?

2. Only if I sell the silver. If I keep the silver until the sun explodes, I should be fine just putting that I bought it. I am not buying it as an investment, I am buying it for artistic purposes. I'm making my own stuff.

there's a thing called GAAP you must follow if you intend to declare taxes (and I suggest you set up a business, or at least a DBA, as the IRS will teach you how to hold your ankles for dear life if you fail to pay taxes on significant income >$600)

honestly, in today's economy folks are struggling going paycheck to paycheck. most folks aren't even considering long term investments because they have to feed themselves or their children & pay bills. though you could try this out, and i'm not trying to discourage you, just know that demand may not be as strong as you are expecting. in my experiences, being from texas is enough - we don't need mementos to know where we call home
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:12:33 AM

... in my experiences, being from texas is enough - we don't need mementos to know where we call home

I try to be respectful and informed.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:28:58 AM

You see, this is why I hate arguing against burnt out stoners. Your original premise was that silver > dollars because it would simplify taxes. But then, you turn around and say "ooh, receipts".

Dude. DUDE.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 03:34:01 AM

You see, this is why I hate arguing against burnt out stoners. Your original premise was that silver > dollars because it would simplify taxes. But then, you turn around and say "ooh, receipts".

Dude. DUDE.

My point is that taking something and turning it into art, will be simpler than keeping it in a bank and doing taxes on it every year.

surebet

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:58:47 AM

Dude. DUDE.

My point is that taking something and turning it into art, will be simpler than keeping it in a bank and doing taxes on it every year.

Have you ever produced a tax declaration? You'd appreciate the absurdity you just said.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 05:15:50 AM

Dude. DUDE.

Have you ever produced a tax declaration? You'd appreciate the absurdity you just said.

People have to do taxes on art? So if I were to go make a statue out of marble, would I have to pay on that marble like an investment?

surebet

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:43:19 AM

Dude. DUDE.

People have to do taxes on art? So if I were to go make a statue out of marble, would I have to pay on that marble like an investment?

I do not believe that marble is a publicly traded commodity, so unrealised gains are probably not eligible to taxation or tax credits, but the second you sell that shit, you sure do sparky.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 06:54:46 PM

... in my experiences, being from texas is enough - we don't need mementos made by a non-Texan solely for the purpose of cashing in on "Texas spirit" to know where we call home

FTFY.

By the way, I'm also Texan, born and raised.

Still around.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:00:23 PM

... in my experiences, being from texas is enough - we don't need mementos made by a non-Texan solely for the purpose of cashing in on "Texas spirit" to know where we call home

FTFY.

The stars at night are big and bright - clap, clap, clap, clap ____________________.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 02:10:14 PM

FTFY.

The stars at night are big and bright - clap, clap, clap, clap ____________________.

We all thought it.  Embarrassed

Still around.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:12:16 PM

FTFY.

We all thought it.  Embarrassed

You fought the urge to complete the sentence. I'm impressed! I've never met a Texan and said that in front of them without having them complete it.  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: