Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:47:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, ETH difficulty went ballistic.  (Read 1214 times)
dalefrench

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:26:18 PM

Thanks, Digital !  Never thought of that.  I going to send you a PM with a question if that's ok.

But yes I bought an Eth Miner for $800 brand new in 2016 that was plug and play and had 6 graphic cards.  I was make 1 eth a day almost.  I sold all my eth at 50 dollars each.  And the miner seven months later.  What a mistake!
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:30:49 PM

Thanks, Digital !  Never thought of that.  I going to send you a PM with a question if that's ok.

But yes I bought an Eth Miner for $800 brand new in 2016 that was plug and play and had 6 graphic cards.  I was make 1 eth a day almost.  I sold all my eth at 50 dollars each.  And the miner seven months later.  What a mistake!

It's funny when you trolls say it was a mistake cause you sold it low. Selling or buying at current price is never a mistake, learn that first then you are ready to play big.

If I thought like you I would have committed suicide millions of times cause I sold many things low to what that coin cost right now, btc for example, sold thousands for $5.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
dalefrench

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:36:21 PM

It's funny when you trolls say it was a mistake cause you sold it low. Selling or buying at current price is never a mistake, learn that first then you are ready to play big.

If I thought like you I would have committed suicide millions of times cause I sold many things low to what that coin cost right now, btc for example, sold thousands for $5.

I do see your point, sir.  I guess Eth could have plummeted and I would have been at a deep loss.  Hindsight is 20/20 they say.  Just curious as to why you label me with a troll?
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:39:11 PM

I do see your point, sir.  I guess Eth could have plummeted and I would have been at a deep loss.  Hindsight is 20/20 they say.  Just curious as to why you label me with a troll?

Sorry if I offended you, it was never my intention, when I say trolls, I say people in general.

And about what you said, yes, eth could have gone back to $1 from $50. I have seen that few times, right now is almost impossible for that to happen cause it grew so much but it could crash or grow in price hard, we never know. An example of a coin which reached $50 and then crashed to $0.70 is ltc in 2013-2014.

dalefrench

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:43:29 PM

No offense taken, sir.  I got some good information from this post and am thankful.  Have a good day!

Oh and yeah, you never know with altcoins these days Smiley
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:47:25 PM

There are a lot of more profitable coins than ETH (mining with AMD)

Well at least for me WhatToMine shows ETH as the most profitable for my RX480.
Are we talking about coins which aren't listed at WhatToMine (yet) and could you mention an example?

Regards,
Nestade

If you want to make a bit more money from mining, forget whattomine Wink. Cannot give away any coins, sorry Tongue, but use coinmarketcap and filter out non-minable.

4chan/biz can also be a nice place to stumble upon a nice coin Grin Grin Grin

liquidzzz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:49:31 PM

I have two 1070's and two 1050ti's and everytime I look them up on whattomine it shows ZCASH as being more profitable than ETH. Hell, even Zclassic shows it as more profitable than ETH.
keksik

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:12:34 PM

Im with mining more than half year and still too much to learn, anyway i already know that looking into whattomine is not the best way how to get best profitable coin. of cours it can be used for basic overview popular coins.
thildp

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:23:38 PM

For those who said that are other coins more profitable than Ethereum for AMD Users...can give us an example please? Thanks.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:35:38 PM

For those who said that are other coins more profitable than Ethereum for AMD Users...can give us an example please? Thanks.

If you want to make a bit more money from mining, forget whattomine Wink. Cannot give away any coins, sorry Tongue, but use coinmarketcap and filter out non-minable.

kunsh

Activity: 145
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:38:42 PM

Up over 4% within 24h.

Used to mine ETH as foundation to cover the electric bill and then switch to speculative coins. Seems like I have to mine speculative either way what makes me uncomfortable.

What coins can keep a certain level of profitability in medium term w/o large swings?

You should investigate, there is always coin which can pop up from mass in the future but you need time to find right one. I stopped mining before 3 years but still have some old coins which are now up Smiley You should think for long term, not medium of low. But it's hard to find coins which will be much more expensive than today. ETN may be but you will need to wait months and you can easy gain 10-15x but be patient. That's my opinion, one coin, there must be more like that one.
smoolae

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:20:16 PM

Wink

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:35:54 PM

Most of you guys weren't around last year but exactly 1 year ago you would of been making exactly half what you are making today.

1 year ago nobody complained about profitability.

You guys shouldn't  treat mining as a career, part-time job to pay bills . You should treat it as a privilege and as long as its profitable for you, it's a gift.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
smoolae

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:39:07 PM

Most of you guys weren't around last year but exactly 1 year ago you would of been making exactly half what you are making today.

You guys shouldn't  treat mining as a career, part-time job to pay bills . You should treat it as a privilege and as long as its profitable for you, it's a gift.

The truth has been told

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:46:00 PM

You guys shouldn't  treat mining as a career, part-time job to pay bills . You should treat it as a privilege and as long as its profitable for you, it's a gift.

Well said. Crypto doesen't 'owe you' anything and bitching about profitability doesen't do anything. If all you care about is the current profitability on Whattomine and that doesen't cut it for you, the good news is you can sell your rigs now while prices are high and move on.
cryptogirls85

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:56:57 PM

So... anything concrete about the difficulty?  Grin (in the past 2 pages was not mentioned all that much  Wink)
Is it supposed to go up so much? Have been reading about that "difficulty bomb" implemented in the code of Eth. But I always thought it would go up unnoticeable... lately is very obvious that it has gone up exponentially in a short period of time  Sad

Could there be a "bleed" in the rise? Or once it goes up it can never  go down again?

smoolae

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:03:50 PM

So... anything concrete about the difficulty?  Grin (in the past 2 pages was not mentioned all that much  Wink)
Is it supposed to go up so much? Have been reading about that "difficulty bomb" implemented in the code of Eth. But I always thought it would go up unnoticeable... lately is very obvious that it has gone up exponentially in a short period of time  Sad

Could there be a "bleed" in the rise? Or once it goes up it can never  go down again?

Well, the idea of this "ETH ice age/difficulty bomb" is ETH from POW to POS. I really don't see any reasons for the difficulty to climb back down again but who knows...

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:12:12 PM

Difficulty is going up very slow in my opinion.

The difficulty is basically capped to the GPU fabrication which can only produce so much.

If GPUs could be built faster, difficulty would double every few weeks instead of going up 20%

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
keksik

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:51:31 AM

Are we talking about coins which aren't listed at WhatToMine (yet) and could you mention an example?

Regards,
Nestade

so i went to coinmarket camp and filtered out non-mineable, what now please?  Roll Eyes i cam see long list of coins
smoolae

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:01:17 PM

Regards,
Nestade

so i went to coinmarket camp and filtered out non-mineable, what now please?  Roll Eyes i cam see long list of coins

Well, now you start the research Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: