Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:45:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk vs other Forums  (Read 204 times)
testingbits (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:21:50 PM

Anyone else than me having trouble to figure out Bitcointalk forum?
Then signing up to other Forums it usually takes a week or two to get to know the forum.
Here in Bitcointalk I still dont know:
Who are the most popular poster?
Wich board has most prestige and forum cred?
BTC tough guy?
Who is good Moderator/bad moderator?
Any forum feuds?
And it seems to be ok with multiple accounts?
Buying/Selling Accounts?
No avatars with sexy girls
BTC forum seems to have 90%-95% spam, shitpost (yes quilty), other forum around 50%
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:26:41 PM

I will conclude that the Bitcointalk forum is the best right now and the right one to describe the current situation is "We can get all the most updated information about Bitcoin and the crypto world in this forum".

Bitcointalk is a picture of the world of digital currencies that exist today, whatever we want is available here. As long as I know Bitcoin for the last 5 years that I have never found another forum that has the quality and also the most active user other than bitcointalk (dot)org  !
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:43:51 PM

BTC tough guy?

It varies by people, everyone has their own idol in this forum
For me it's either Lauda or Vod

Every section on the forum is good, as long as you don't put 90% of your post on off-topic section.
Just post on a section that you want to contribute in, everything will flow naturally

Every moderator in this forum are good as long as you treat them with respect too, they are picked to become moderator for a reason Smiley

Any forum feuds?
Not much, but if you come to either Meta or Reputation section you will see a lot of wars between DT and those who got tagged by them Tongue

Buying/Selling Accounts?
It is allowed by forum rules but discouraged as buying and selling account will be seen as untrustworthy actions and those who buy or sell an account will get tagged by DT

BTC forum seems to have 90%-95% spam, shitpost (yes quilty), other forum around 50%
It's because the higher the rank, the higher the payout for signature campaign, this unfortunately creates the problem that you've just described
Members desperately shit posting in order to get higher rank. Recently Theymos deployed Merit System specifically created to stop these shit posting behaviours.

That should answer some of the questions you had Smiley
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

You cannot expect to have a good post woth other members here in this forum since the accounts could not be validate its true ownership unlike any other groups which they upload thier pictures and posting their life events that makes thier account to be identified as the user appear to be using the real identity with almost 50-100% rate. Anyway, there are other ways to prevent this spammer like getting thier IP address and it must be 1 IP address per user. Another way is that when registering new accounts it should be connected to any other social networking sites for validating purposes. Anyway this forum is far better than other though there is an identity problem here but most of the members have posted informational inputs that could be useful in the near future.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:09:37 PM

Then signing up to other Forums it usually takes a week or two to get to know the forum.
BTC tough guy?
Any forum feuds?
Buying/Selling Accounts?

I like it here since the forum has one of the biggest communities out there. Many people are oriented around this forum. There used to be a list of all members their posts etc. but for some reason it seems to be off limits now. Forum might not be the best looking one like some others but it surely have a lot of information. Sometimes I simply come and read posts and opinion of others - you can learn a lot from just doing this.

There might be a little more talks about the coin prices and which one should I buy etc - yeah these could be seen as spammy ones, but we have many people here on forum and everybody is welcomed to ask questions and give their opinions.

Yes you can have multiple accounts, at least there is nothing against that in the rules but then you shouldn't try to cheat the sig campaigns because that can get you red tagged if noticed.

I haven't encountered many moderators till now, but they seem like good guys for now.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:41:45 AM

This is the most popular forum and therefore you will see a lot of spam. Though, I must say that the moderators do an excellent job on keeping on top of it, but there's simply too much of it going on to deal with them all.

I think it's fairly easy to find out who the most influential members of the forum are, as they are often mentioned.  In theory, if you check the top merited people then you'll likely find some of these people in that list.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:11:28 AM

BTC tough guy?
Any forum feuds?
Buying/Selling Accounts?

Our community becomes popular in different countries and bitcoin has been discovered by other people. Are you informed that bitcointalk is the no. 1 forum about cryptocurrency?  This is the reason why there is so many shitpost or spam since some of the newbies lack of knowledge. Instead of enumerating such things about this forum, just help other fellow members to have an ideal forum and great community. Are you also informed that this forum is associated with the greatest mind of cryptocurrency? Maybe not.

Research and exploring facts in this forum will enlighten and answer all of your questions. It's an easy task to do, you need to learn how things goes by yourself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: