Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:26:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS wallet?  (Read 152 times)
joeee (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:23:55 PM

iPhone 7 user here and I'm looking to store my crypto on a wallet I can access from my phone, but don't want to use anything with high fees (like coinbase). any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

Here’s a list: https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/mobile/ios/

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:29:45 PM

iPhone 7 user here and I'm looking to store my crypto on a wallet I can access from my phone, but don't want to use anything with high fees (like coinbase). any suggestions?

You don't want coinbase not simply "because of high fees" but coinbase is an exchange and thus they handle the private keys. If you don't have your private keys you don't own your coins - simple as that.

Mobile phone wallet is not recommended fro storing large sums of coins either because you probably know how  vulnerable these devices are - I don't care if it is an IOS or Android both have some backdoors. If you know you won't move your coins frequently chose paper wallet or some will say hardware even.

Out of those I have only tried green address before because they were like one of the early adopters of SegWit, that list is great as all softwares mentioned there are open source.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:39:44 PM

I recommend you to use greenaddress because you can use the segwit support wallet that can reduce the transaction size and fee..
And this is work in my iphone..

the other wallet that posted from here https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/mobile/ios/
I still didn't tested them yet but greenaddress would be the best choice if you really wanted to reduce the transaction fee of your wallet for every transaction you made..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:07:23 AM

Bread is a good and safe wallet. I'm using this wallet for all my BTC transactions. I also have a second wallet which is only available on the iOS platform. It's called bitWallet by Sollico:

http://www.sollico.com/bitwallet/

The nice thing about it is you can create Segwit addresses which really is a godsend to help keep fees low.

Other features:  (copied from their iOS app description)

- Securely store your Bitcoin addresses and their private keys.
- Create multiple wallets with multiple Bitcoin addresses per wallet.
- Create wallets for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin.
- Send payments directly from the app.
- Print paper wallets to store your Bitcoins offline in cold-storage.
- Create SegWit addresses for lower transaction fees.
- Dynamic fees for timely confirmations at minimal costs.
- iCloud backup protects your Bitcoins if the iPhone is lost or damaged.
- Receive notifications when new transactions occur in your wallet.
- Create Classic wallets and Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) wallets (supports BIP32 / BIP44 / BIP49 structures).
- Create Watchlists to follow interesting addresses.
- Restore TREZOR Accounts, both Legacy and SegWit.
- Check balances and transactions per wallet and per Bitcoin address.
- Verify balances and transactions from multiple data sources.
- Check the Bitcoin price, in multiple currencies, from all Bitcoin exchanges.
- Shows live Bitcoin Network statistics.
- bitWallet is FREE, for now.

bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:37:17 AM

Mobile phone wallet is not recommended fro storing large sums of coins either because you probably know how  vulnerable these devices are - I don't care if it is an IOS or Android both have some backdoors.
On the upside, if I understand correctly, iOS sandboxes apps, whereas on desktop OSs, random apps get more or less free reign throughout the file system.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
SPdiginomads

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:41:19 AM

By all means, what are your recommendations for good wallets for iOS? Thanks in advance
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 10:24:10 AM

Coinbase is not a wallet to store your cryptos there. It's a exchange were you don't have control over your funds and if coinbase sees that you are indulging in any malpractice they will surely cancel the wallet in a go and all your funds will be lost.
 Hence if you are a iPhone user you should be using breadwallet, as they are SPV clients and they directly connect to the bitcoin network and hence it's really safe that you are not being subjected to hacking. But fees are a little higher in bread.

You could even try greenaddress as they support segwit and your transfer fees is too low.

When you go with mycelium they too provide the best security out there for your coins and your funds never leave your mobile unless you back them up. This wallet never reuses the address and they too support BIP38 keys.
You can go with either mycelium or greenaddress, but the most secure for funds is mycelium.
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:13:29 PM

By all means, what are your recommendations for good wallets for iOS? Thanks in advance
Pick one from the list here:
https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/mobile/ios/

Airbitz/Edge or Green Address is recommended because they have Segwit support so your fees will be lower.
deff66

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:27:48 PM

I think you ought to go for CoinSpace which happens to be a 100% free crypto wallet that you can access from your iPhone. Apart from being extremely safe, it will likewise support Litecoin not to mention Bitcoin at present. Additional options are arriving very soon.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 02:39:49 PM

I think you ought to go for CoinSpace which happens to be a 100% free crypto wallet that you can access from your iPhone. Apart from being extremely safe, it will likewise support Litecoin not to mention Bitcoin at present. Additional options are arriving very soon.

I wouldn't call a web wallet (or mobile wallet) 'extremely safe'.
Still, when accessing a wallet from a mobile phone a native mobile application would be the best option.
Web wallets don't provide any additional security, just additional attack vectors and dependencies (regarding service provider).

I would recommend Breadwallet / Green Address as one of the safest options regarding iOS wallets.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: