Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a Freewallet victim, too!  (Read 223 times)
SonOfSun (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:19:41 PM

Here is my whole discussion with freewallet and changelly.
Freewallet in app chat: https://i.imgur.com/rdK4wVt.jpg
Changelly emails: https://i.imgur.com/TjvDOwW.jpg
I wanted to launch a smart transaction, but it was stuck  and they still have not recovered my ~0,12 bitcoin for more than two months.
I was patient and understanding, because i know their is a lot of issues with blockchain transactions and it is in their terms of use:
"The time frame for retrieving specific transactions is set at Freewallet's discretion; However, refunds will be processed within 60 days upon submitting your request for them."
But now I really need my money.

If anyone can help me then my ethereum and bitcoin cold storage addresses read below:
Ethereum: 0x00F86aec28a46F4366C2803805dF5c86ECA5347D
Bitcoin: 1H4efiGqtvTSbfUt3vYUpxHiPcwZ8euNF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Freewallet

Activity: 553
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 08:24:10 PM

Freewallet in app chat:
Changelly emails:
I wanted to launch a smart transaction, but it was stuck  and they still have not recovered my ~0,12 bitcoin for more than two months.
I was patient and understanding, because i know their is a lot of issues with blockchain transactions and it is in their terms of use:
"The time frame for retrieving specific transactions is set at Freewallet's discretion; However, refunds will be processed within 60 days upon submitting your request for them."

If anyone can help me then my ethereum and bitcoin cold storage addresses read below:

SonOfSun, the reason Changelly doesn't recognize the smart address your transaction was sent to is that they deactivated a number of unused addresses at the end of 2017. Unfortunately, we were informed about it after the fact, and we're still dealing with the consequences. Luckily, we have a record of the transaction you made, and it's in the blockchain, and we already sent them a request to pull it up in their records and refund it to you. Your Ethereum transaction has already been returned, and as soon as we get a confirmation from our partner, we'll follow up with the details of this refund as well. Apologies for the inconvenience!

PS: Although our Terms of Use give the time frame for exchange refunds up to 90 days, we will try to retrieve your funds sooner if possible; however, please note that such refunds aren't done on our side, we're merely a mediator to our exchange partner.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
pablogarcor

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:12:37 PM

Could you finally get your money back or are you still waiting??
SonOfSun (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:46:29 PM

Freewallet in app chat: https://i.imgur.com/rdK4wVt.jpg
Changelly emails: https://i.imgur.com/TjvDOwW.jpg
I wanted to launch a smart transaction, but it was stuck  and they still have not recovered my ~0,12 bitcoin for more than two months.

SonOfSun, the reason Changelly doesn't recognize the smart address your transaction was sent to is that they deactivated a number of unused addresses at the end of 2017. Unfortunately, we were informed about it after the fact, and we're still dealing with the consequences. Luckily, we have a record of the transaction you made, and it's in the blockchain, and we already sent them a request to pull it up in their records and refund it to you. Your Ethereum transaction has already been returned, and as soon as we get a confirmation from our partner, we'll follow up with the details of this refund as well. Apologies for the inconvenience!

PS: Although our Terms of Use give the time frame for exchange refunds up to 90 days, we will try to retrieve your funds sooner if possible; however, please note that such refunds aren't done on our side, we're merely a mediator to our exchange partner.
Could you finally get your money back or are you still waiting??

No, i didnt get it back, i hope yet. Smiley
After i made this post I opened a new support ticket and I got this reply:
https://i.imgur.com/wxvS1XU.jpg
What I dont understand dear Freewallet support, if you told that, the smart address owner was the Changelly, and they wrote to me it is not theirs, then who is lying?
If i will get my money back i will inform everybody here!
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

What I dont understand dear Freewallet support, if you told that, the smart address owner was the Changelly, and they wrote to me it is not theirs, then who is lying?

SonOfSun, as we've previously mentioned, part of Changelly's addresses were deactivated, which is why if they try looking up old addresses now, they won't be able to find them on the list of their current addresses. Luckily, we have the transaction details and can help with retrieving your coins, which we're doing.

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
SonOfSun (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:10:22 PM

SonOfSun, as we've previously mentioned, part of Changelly's addresses were deactivated, which is why if they try looking up old addresses now, they won't be able to find them on the list of their current addresses. Luckily, we have the transaction details and can help with retrieving your coins, which we're doing.

Dear Freewalet,
thanks for the helping me, but again a week passed and nothing happened...!!
I understand what you say to me, but if you read my correspondence with Changelly, they told that the addrress is not theirs. So Changelly lying?
Did you got an answer from Changelly about my issue? What did they say?
I saw when they collected my money at the end of December, that was a bad feeling!
What you wrote me, the 90 day time frame simply is not true. If you look at your own terms, there is 90 days for recovering cross-chain transaction, but it was a smart pay in/out and there is only 60 days.
Thanks for your answer in advance.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:56:33 PM

Dear Freewalet,
thanks for the helping me, but again a week passed and nothing happened...!!
I understand what you say to me, but if you read my correspondence with Changelly, they told that the addrress is not theirs. So Changelly lying?
Did you got an answer from Changelly about my issue? What did they say?
I saw when they collected my money at the end of December, that was a bad feeling!
What you wrote me, the 90 day time frame simply is not true. If you look at your own terms, there is 90 days for recovering cross-chain transaction, but it was a smart pay in/out and there is only 60 days.
Thanks for your answer in advance.

SonOfSun, we're not the ones processing exchange refunds; they are processed by our exchange partner. And yes, my apologies for the confusion: the deadline for refunding failed exchanges is 60 days, not 90. Of course, if there's an opportunity to complete a refund in a shorter time span, the funds will be retrieved sooner. As of now we're waiting for the update from our partner as well.

PS: Please see the info on deactivated addresses we provided earlier. If Changelly support reps try looking up one of those now, they won't find it in their database, which is why you must have got the information about the address not belonging to them. Luckily, our support team can provide additional information that helps identify the address and speed up the refund process.

SonOfSun (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:18:56 PM

Dear Freewallet Support and Everybody,

I promised, so I have to write down that I got my money back!
Last I opened a new support ticket with Changelly and this has solved the problem.
Here is the correspondence:
https://i.imgur.com/CaC3m2y.jpg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: