Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TECHNOBIT S-HASH minig board and Bitfury  (Read 46603 times)
marto74 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 01:46:58 AM

1.3 Technobit NanoFury USB miner - 52 EUR

1.4 Technobit NanoFury assembly service with your chip

Technical details

* No external power supply is required as the board is USB2.0-powered. If you want to run multiple units via a powered external USB hub you’ll need to get that separately. Powered USB hub is not included in this GB.

* For the same reason the hashing rate will be limited to about 2.3GH/s. (This is because the device can draw no more than 500mA from a standard USB 2.0 port). At this point we estimate that we should be able to achieve roughly 2GH with those power constraints, even though the chips have demonstrated up to 3.2GH/s. It is also possible that due to those limitations we may have to run the chips at a slightly slower hashing speeds , which on the good side will be controlled via software (cgminer) and depending on your specific USB hub you might be able to squeeze out a few more hashes.

* Overclocking: the board does permit some overclocking (with hardware modifications - see also “pencil mod”). Be aware though that if this exceeds the limits of your USB port your computer may just turn off the port completely. Also, with increase of speed you will get more heat. The chip and board is designed to use the back side as a heatsink, but if that’s not enough you may have to add an additional heatsink.

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 07:22:33 AM

This is to confirm that we've teamed up with Marto74 for the manufacturing and distribution of the NanoFury devices in the EU.

Spotswood

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 12:44:58 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 09:26:42 PM by Spotswood

What is the size of the heatsink for the 16 chip board?

And what is the keep-out area around the 4 corner mounting holes i.e. how much area is there for bolting on a mounting bracket?  For example, here's a mounting bracket at the back corner, near the ASIC chips.

But, I'm more concerned about the two holes at the front of the board.  Looks like there are some components very close to the holes ands maybe more on the other side of the board.

Some simple mechanical drawings would be nice.  Otherwise, some close-up pics with a ruler would probably be acceptable.

nemercry

Activity: 339

Vice versa is not a meal.

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:20:04 PM

1.3 Technobit NanoFury USB miner - 52 EUR

1.4 Technobit NanoFury assembly service with your chip

Technical details

* No external power supply is required as the board is USB2.0-powered. If you want to run multiple units via a powered external USB hub you’ll need to get that separately. Powered USB hub is not included in this GB.

* For the same reason the hashing rate will be limited to about 2.3GH/s. (This is because the device can draw no more than 500mA from a standard USB 2.0 port). At this point we estimate that we should be able to achieve roughly 2GH with those power constraints, even though the chips have demonstrated up to 3.2GH/s. It is also possible that due to those limitations we may have to run the chips at a slightly slower hashing speeds , which on the good side will be controlled via software (cgminer) and depending on your specific USB hub you might be able to squeeze out a few more hashes.

* Overclocking: the board does permit some overclocking (with hardware modifications - see also “pencil mod”). Be aware though that if this exceeds the limits of your USB port your computer may just turn off the port completely. Also, with increase of speed you will get more heat. The chip and board is designed to use the back side as a heatsink, but if that’s not enough you may have to add an additional heatsink.
This is to confirm that we've teamed up with Marto74 for the manufacturing and distribution of the NanoFury devices in the EU.

Nice to hear that!

@marto74: Is there already a possible delivery date determined ? Does it differ from the US Customers ?(maybe even faster ?)

Is it possible to send little batches of those, maybe up to 10 or 20, with another service than the 30€ parcel service ?
Maybe a bigger mail with inner padding ? like this

Would be nice to hear some words from you on that.

Regards.
whiteEAGLE

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:45:52 PM

are there any new info about shipping date?
marto74 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:44:06 PM

First/second week of october

fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:39:35 AM

First/second week of october

Great !

Still on track.
marto74 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 08:26:53 AM

S-hash boards orders for first/second week of October are full.
So now You can order S-hash boards from the next batch - End of October

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 08:34:04 AM

Does that mean that the chips are in? *crosses fingers*

Oh, and have you been in touch with LUKE-JR about support on BFGMiner or do we not need this?

I thought I read somewhere these have stratum support so could potentially go straight to my selected pool.  Is that correct?

Thanks
cscape

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:36:49 AM

Oh, and have you been in touch with LUKE-JR about support on BFGMiner or do we not need this?

I thought I read somewhere these have stratum support so could potentially go straight to my selected pool.  Is that correct?

The boards have their own mining software integrated in the controller chip. You set up the pool through the web page, and it will connect directly to stratum server. This means you can turn off your PC at night to save power, if you want, while the boards keep on hashing.

Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 08:49:25 AM

The boards have their own mining software integrated in the controller chip. You set up the pool through the web page, and it will connect directly to stratum server. This means you can turn off your PC at night to save power, if you want, while the boards keep on hashing.

Niiiiice Smiley

Sounds good.

Cannot wait to get my boards!  Is there a software option for overclocking?
cscape

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:53:51 AM

Cannot wait to get my boards!  Is there a software option for overclocking?

No, the power regulator doesn't have a voltage adjust input. It is designed to be set using a feedback with 2 resistors, just like on the H-CARD. We thought about adding some extra circuitry around it, but we weren't sure that wouldn't interfere with the feedback loop.

Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy
marto74 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 09:20:50 AM

Not yet but this closes ordered PCB's
Most of the components are here too.

Does that mean that the chips are in? *crosses fingers*

Thanks

zamot

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:49:35 PM

Where did you get this information. How can it work with PC off ? It needs communication to the pool.  Roll Eyes

intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:50:48 PM

Where did you get this information. How can it work with PC off ? It needs communication to the pool.  Roll Eyes

He wrote the firmware, so that's why he knows. LOL:)

intron
zamot

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:55:51 PM

intron
Ok about mining software, but how can this stick communicate with pool if the PC is off and the stuck is inserten into USB hub ?

Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:56:54 PM

its connect to LAN - RJ45 not usb

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:01:37 PM

intron
Ok about mining software, but how can this stick communicate with pool if the PC is off and the stuck is inserten into USB hub ?

Talking about S-HASH or bi•fury? S-HASH has it's own mining code embedded
and uses Ethernet to connect to the pool. The bi•fury is a small USB device
and indeed needs a PC running mining software.

intron

cscape

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:02:35 PM

USB on the S-HASH board is just for troubleshooting and configuration. Main operation is through ethernet, directly from board to pool (and your cable/ADSL gateway of course).

zamot

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:35:49 PM

Ups, my mistake. I had in mind NF.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: