Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7088 times)
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:24:28 PM

If the project is good then HODLing is a much better option but you can also sell some immediately to be safe so that if the coin goes to zero you still have some money.

If the project pays in bitcoin then you should hodl because bitcoin will always  be successfull.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kevin135

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:28:00 PM

Holding is better.
Try to make a bigger profit from your work you do for the bounty.

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
GERMO COIN

Activity: 406

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:30:02 PM

sell immediately and buy NEO or ETH to get big profit.

Jeff-reY

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:30:59 PM

I would Just HODL at least for a year, I have a special Wallet just for bountys.
Trying to build a nice portofolio.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:33:52 PM

IN terms of Bounty i sell or HODL depending on the situation i find myself. Though HODL have been always my thing. Some token end up being worthless which is quite understandable. I even have some that went Robinson Crusoe on me but who cares. So far you have been in this game for long you always choose HODL over selling off immediately. Some times i sell off to carter for certain needs.
adjong

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:38:47 PM

I try not to sell coins/tokens unless I really need the money to invest in a new coin or ico or if there are some bad news about team/coin and I see no future for it. But the best thing you have to do is to sell a half of it for the bills and other needs. And the other is to hold because it really gives you a good profit when the time comes the value of it will rise.
Anchor867

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:40:23 PM

i prefer to HODL it because maybe in the next week the token or the altcoin might go pump while as of now it dump and also we cannot say that it will pump this time or day but if your lucky enough and your instinct is good your good to go
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:56:13 PM

Most of the bounty hunters dump immediately upon receiving their tokens. We cannot blame them if they have mouths to feed or bills to pay but most of the time that will cause the price of the token to drop significantly.

If it have a decent value upon release, I'll choose to sell immediately. Otherwise, I will hold the coin til it gets on a decent exchange and have a decent price or it rots on my wallet.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:01:51 PM

9/10 times I hold on to my tokens cause I think it could be worth more if I wait a half year to a year. But if I think the project isn't really going anywhere I dump to compensate myself for my time and reconsider holding the rest or dumping them aswell.

zurc

Activity: 275

SOKOS.io

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:03:03 PM

Just hold and follow the roadmap of the company because it will rise according to their plans or just wait for a few months just be patient with your profits

jubayerjb25

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Selling or Holding of Bounty reward coins depends on what kind of tokens it is, because there are some coins that has less value and might go down to zero as time passes so for that type coins instead of waiting, holders should have to sell if there's an opportunity. But I want to give my opinion that to hold 30% of Bounty Tokens and sell 70% once it is listed on any good exchange .
patimahsunda

Activity: 323

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:11:02 PM

For myself, I usually sell it a little bit. Then some I hold for my selling later on. Do not rush to sell because at that time the price will surely fall. So be patient in selling coins from bounty. You may be able to buy if the price is too low. and that will certainly make you fortune in the future.
k-west

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:35:43 PM

Normally  Im  holding till the first big pump and when it makes ×5,×10 and more from Ico price I sell half of my tokens,and another half I leave for a long-term like 6-12 months to see what will happen afterwards.
NikoLove

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:47:04 AM

Hi All!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048215.0
it's online platform of gold mining company on Ethereum blockchain
All Tokens Golden Resource have an physical gold in real world.
1 000 GDR = 1 ounce gold
GDR - Coin by backed gold reserves of three gold deposits:
Lysogorsky deposit,Seybinsky deposit,Kuturchinsky square
Bounty campaign 19 weeks 02/03/2018-12/06/2018 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048054.0

Join!

icopir

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:27:27 AM

This award, I'm afraid to keep a little longer, usually I'm waiting for the growth price of this reward
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:31:23 AM

To maximize the profit of that reward i will trade it, because will be more difficult to gain more profit only by hold. Coin/token that just enter to the market usually will fast pump & dump because the volume still low. So by trade can be maximize the profit and we can withdraw some profit to buy other potential and popular coin like ETH and DASH.

Basketball5

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:32:13 AM

I guess  we should wait for a year to sell rewarded coins or until company fully executes there project in market or listed there coin on exchanges and price goes upwards and up to the price going upwards..
And if we urgently needs funds, then sell half of the coins and remaining coins stay on hold for the long time.
But Sell or Hold coins it is all depends on company future plans and roapmap
Landakhitam

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:33:14 AM

Sell the token or hold it are all the reasonable choice for a guy. For me, I joined a lot of airdrop or bounty in 2014,  such as mooncoin, faircoin, enerycoin and a lot of other coins.

Some of them I hold not long time, some not.  When I check them in last years. I found nearly 90% of them are not "exist". No treading and no one care about that.

Only a little coins are still alive and give me great return. So I can't say sell or HODL which is a good choice, it is depend on probability.
You are right,many coins will fade away when the years passes,so it is better to sell our bounty rewards immediately,normally the price of many coins will fall from the ICO price when it get listed on exchanges.
So we can sell our bounties immediately if we are in immediate need or we can sell our bounty rewards for the potential altcoin like ethereum or other,so we can hold it for long terms.
It's true that many tokens go through one year, two years later, and then this token is likely to go to zero.
So the best thing to do is to sell them as soon as possible and convert them into BTC and ETH.
I am also confused about this,
all of the ico tokens are on average down.
and bounty results also can not be maximal because everything is on the down
eugene30

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

What have you done. meh meh

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:36:19 AM

It depends on the situation. If you need money and don't care with the current exchange rate then sell immediately because if the price went down and you did not sell and you need the money you will just scratch your head for not selling it quickly to the market. On the other side, if you see the project that has good developer and always update their community then i will just hodl my coins and see if the token will increase on it's ico price and this is risky because we can't know if they can success after ico but i'm not worried because i only get it for free by just doing some task.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:26:24 AM

It depends on the situation. If you need money and don't care with the current exchange rate then sell immediately because if the price went down and you did not sell and you need the money you will just scratch your head for not selling it quickly to the market. On the other side, if you see the project that has good developer and always update their community then i will just hodl my coins and see if the token will increase on it's ico price and this is risky because we can't know if they can success after ico but i'm not worried because i only get it for free by just doing some task.
Most of the bounty hunters really need money but I salute those who are smart who understand how valuable bounty tokens are.
They are holding it so they have a chance to increase their income and maybe use this to diversify their investment and learn how to trade.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: