Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth it to make a faucet  (Read 1034 times)
alfaboy23

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:57:35 AM

Hello Guys !
I m interested in creating a bitcoin faucet, but I m wondering is it worth it ?
can any faucet owner talk from his experience ? or give some tips please ?
Thanks !
If you are not a web developer and if you want to create a standalone faucet, today, it's not worth it.
I suggest, why don't you create a blog or something informative and unique blog then to attract viewers or visitors, integrate a faucet in it, with heighten security, of course. I also want to try that idea but I have office works, so I'm just maintaining my standalone faucet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:19:34 AM

i think its not worth to make a faucet for now, because the reward to claim you can make its really small and people do not want to receive small amount for their reward.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Mediator
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:30:41 AM

Until now I have 2 faucet and all inactive the reason of course because it is not profitable
there is no efficient way to get results from faucet unless you cheat advertisers
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:05:14 AM

Without adsense it is not worth running a faucet nowadays. My faucet pays 200 satoshis every 60 minutes which is average rewards and even with popads, the only profit I make goes to monthly hosting. There are faucet users who just want to claim 1000 satoshis every 60 minutes, for them it is does not matter if the faucet admin is making any profit, what the bitcoin price is. If you have a huge user base and the concept of your faucet is unique then you would be in profit even without adsense.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:21:00 AM

I think it is not worth to open and run bitcoin faucet at the current stage as there are lots of users who use proxies and bots to empty the instantly paying faucets as well as there are not much bitcoin adnetworks which pay well and accept bitcoin faucets to be publishers. Either you need to invest or pay so much before you start earning good amount from adnetwork for which you need to have 10k or even more unique visitors per day.

MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:35:02 AM

You can find a cheap host of a dollar a year and have some revenue but it don't worth the job you will have against bots and things like that, also you will find a lot of scam adnetworks.

Well, try, if you don't got revenue, use the domain for other thing.
Crystal11

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:42:59 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 10:56:35 AM by Crystal11

How much money do you have to start this? In the beginning, before you built up a user base, you have to attract people to your site,

offering higher than average payouts, which will have to come from your own pocket. This will have to go on for a month or two, until your

user base has grown big enough to replace your money with the money coming in from the advertisers.
Giving very high payouts only in the beginning and not keeping it is very wrong, it is like playing with fire , he will get lot of traffic (traffic will sky rocket) and joined people, will have to get a better protection such as cloudflare, will need to upgrade server/hosting for much better incoming traffic but when the payouts are lowered later or slower but surely he will end up by losing people (which will go for hunting new high payout faucets) and money used on upgrades. I think this exactly will happen with Faucet Go if they'll keep lowering the payouts (which right now are not anymore same as it was since beginning).
He will need a stable value of payouts/claims and this can be settled only based on the used advertising networks and in the first week based on estimated traffic while in  testing. He will need assistance/help from a faucet owner.

E-currency exchange rates rating ▐ 70 claims/daily
 only in Komodo on Secryptzia and get paid instant to expresscrypto▐ Get paid to post on Beermoneyforum ▐ Claim 35+ cryptocoins from Dutchy autofaucet▐ Autoclaim in 27 coins on Express Dutchy autofaucet ▐  Earn satoshi with bitcoin-ptc Bitter.io (bitcoin PTC)  (min 10k direct to wallet)▐ Thanks for your support by joining these links Smiley Signature updated often.
ahmad7 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 09:08:09 AM

Hello Guys !
Thanks !
If you are not a web developer and if you want to create a standalone faucet, today, it's not worth it.
I suggest, why don't you create a blog or something informative and unique blog then to attract viewers or visitors, integrate a faucet in it, with heighten security, of course. I also want to try that idea but I have office works, so I'm just maintaining my standalone faucet.

sound like a great idea, thanks !
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 09:13:16 AM

Hello Guys !
Thanks !

yes but with this idea you need to write unique and original content (even not banal!)
are you sure you can talk really good about btc? I have some doubts, because unless you copy paste article from other websites "its ok" but if you need to explain some major technical .... I think it's not easy at all!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
ahmad7 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 11:09:41 AM

Hello Guys !
Thanks !

yes but with this idea you need to write unique and original content (even not banal!)
are you sure you can talk really good about btc? I have some doubts, because unless you copy paste article from other websites "its ok" but if you need to explain some major technical .... I think it's not easy at all!
Maybe I can write things like news, but I m not really good when talking deep about bitcoin...
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 08:17:51 AM

Hello Guys !
Thanks !

The truth is all this niches are full, faucets, blogs, games, etc.

People need to create something unique to have revenue, it's like a fiat currency...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: