Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How often do you check crypto prices?  (Voting closed: February 26, 2018, 08:06:10 AM)
Daily - 33 (57.9%)
Continuously - 10 (17.5%)
Every few days - 12 (21.1%)
Weekly - 2 (3.5%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Checking crypto prices  (Read 932 times)
DispatchLabs (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:06:10 AM

94% of those who own crypto currencies check them daily. I'm interested to see who often most prople here check.

Dispatch Labs is a Distributed Ledger Technology Platform for Dapp Developers that is truly scalable, insanely fast with no transaction fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:14:19 AM

of course, I really need to look at every day what happened to the crypto that I bought and should see every day because I had the price increase for sure with that income.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:19:11 AM

94% of those who own crypto currencies check them daily. I'm interested to see who often most prople here check.
Would be good if you show the source where is the statistics come from. Personally, I have a position in a long-term investment, so I rarely check it daily. But when I have a short/medium term investment I check it daily. I believe most trader would do the same. So it would be depend on the investment/trading plan.
crypto4liife

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:35:50 AM

I often check the crypto currency total market capitalization everyday as i am into daily trades. Checking them is important in my trade style as it can give me an idea if the market is on down or uptrend. Let us just hope that market capitalization will come back to normal soon so the value will stabilize and if the market gets a higher capitalization it will give us some pretty decent amount of gains depends how big the additional funds will be added in our market.
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:03:38 AM

At first when i was a enthusiastic newbie i checked the price a few time a hour. I did not know how few i knew about trading a this eventually come to a loss of 90 % of my investment. Thas was a had kick for me but a good lesson. I consider that loss money invested in my knowledge.
Now i decided to be a holder, a long therm invester, at least until i learn how to trade. But trading takes time and for now my day job brings me more money than crypto so i doubt i will get into trading too soon.

cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

I can imagine in this current time people in general are going crazy and checking prices very regularly.
Personally I am checking about twice per week now.
Anything positively or negatively wild happening is going to appear here on the forum and I m here every day.
Anyway I am in crypto for the long term and currently I am not trading either.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
huppimuk

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

Peculium.io

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:43:11 PM

Actually, I'm checking prices multiple times a day.. but just because I'm curious where we're standing right now. I don't get scared or sad when the price goes down. Neither have I problems falling asleep, haha Cheesy

I'm very optimistic for the future of cryptocurrencies, so the current price isn't that meaningful.

PECULIUM
[[ AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS ]] (http://peculium.io)
rickz026

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:56:56 PM

of course. if you are a trader you will do the checking of crypto prices daily because checking of crypto prices will help you on when you will buy coin or what coin you will buy. dont forget that in trading checking prices is the best way to learn more about trading. you will earn great profit if your coin is being monitored. Go for the gold! Smiley

▒║HONOR✹JUBS║Pre-ICO ⏩ Jan 15║ICO ⏩ Feb 5-Mar 26 ▒║
║▒ DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM OF ON-DEMAND WORK ║▒ (https://honor.appjubs.com/)
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:05:57 PM

I'm checking the crypto price every 30 mins on a regular days but during trading I would normally check the coins at 5mins interval max. If I'm doing selling or buying every minute counts so I monitor it by 1 minute.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:31:00 PM

Where did you get that 94% of cryptocurrency owner check the price daily? provide a source or your basis because I think that there is no possible way to know this, or maybe a you or someone conducted a survey? but still you can't get accurate answer by doing that. Anyways I always check the price of cryptocurrency (almost every minute) because I'm a trader, if I will not do that, there is a chance that I will lose a lot of money on my trades or I will miss the peak specially for those day traders. If you are a long term investors should not check the price every minute or everyday, but it is also good to check the price or news once in a while so you can get out when there will be a crash or correction.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:35:36 PM

Everyday, many times! Its the first thing I do when I get up, and last thing before I shut down computer, and I'm not a day trader. I'm interested in prices of altcoins I have, and in the ones I had, and the ones I plan to buy. Sounds a lot, but over a time o get use to it and it's something that I like to do.
I even have several telegram bots that tells me price changes of some coins, I think this bots are like must have if you wish to be into crypto world.
Looking price changes everyday is not for the people with a lot of money invested in cryptocurrencies and weak heart. You will just have headache from this rollercoaster of prices.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:11:18 PM

yes I only see it once a day when in the morning to see already where its price rises because I am trading with long-term method that is not too concerned about the market price because I believe the price will rise when the total supply is up.
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:19:43 PM

for the coins i hold for long term i rarely check their price,but im also doing short trading and thats why i check the price time to time to analys where to sell and buy at good position.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

I check them every few hours or so when I have time. I don't think I'm addicted, but I might be, who knows haha. I mainly just check it during my free time, so I don't think it's debilitating to my life style or anything.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:41:57 PM

You do have some good assumption and i will really have the same thing on mind which most people would really check their portfolio holdings on daily basis. In my situation im a both short and long time trader which i do really need to see prices from time to time checking if it do hit up my take profit or stop loss. This is important on having a constant update specially when you are an active trader but for long term purpose then its not really necessary.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:05:33 PM

You do have some good assumption and i will really have the same thing on mind which most people would really check their portfolio holdings on daily basis. In my situation im a both short and long time trader which i do really need to see prices from time to time checking if it do hit up my take profit or stop loss. This is important on having a constant update specially when you are an active trader but for long term purpose then its not really necessary.

Most will probably be in a similar position, I find that when I have short term positions open it's necessary to be checking regularly and just because I'm doing that I also find myself checking in on my long term holdings more regularly. If I don't have any short term positions I can at times go for a few days without checking any prices.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:18:40 PM

I check the prices of my crypto many times in a day, usually in free time. when i'm working on something or i'm out, i don't check prices. almost every portfolio tracking apps have alarms i use it if i want to sell/buy a coin when they reach certain price. Wink
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:00:06 PM

I check daily for bitcoin, ethereum and the altcoins I have in ma wallets. It doesn't happen very often that I check several time in the day. I am more a long term investor than a short term trader

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:00:34 PM

I check the prices of my crypto many times in a day, usually in free time. when i'm working on something or i'm out, i don't check prices. almost every portfolio tracking apps have alarms i use it if i want to sell/buy a coin when they reach certain price. Wink
We are the same on where i do set out notifications on my portfolio when im doing shorting trades which i do only check it out when the alarm or it already notifies me. Every time my mobile is beside me which means every other minute or hour i do check out and seeing the current status of prices but if im busy then i just let it hang for a while.
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:20:02 PM

Many people here checked crypto price daily or every hour. Specially those who are into trading. But i prefer to check the price of my cryptos every week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: