Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Benefits from buying a coin  (Read 115 times)
retooled (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:05:40 PM

So lets say I buy 100 ENG coins.

Who benefits from this? Yes I know the person or the exchange that sells it does, but that not what Im talking about.

What does buying the coins do for the developers? The project? The network?

Lets admit it, aside from the store of value and being able to pay for things, investing in alt coins is really just a digital coin collection.

Are we not all just picking our favorite coins and hoping that others think they are special and buy them which accounts for the value?

Its really just like investing in comic books, trading cards, art, or real coins.

No one has ever been able to explain to me why buying these coins helps in the functional use of them.

Before anyone answers, yes blockchain tech is great and will be used in the future, I am not disputing that, and to all thecrazy crypto zealots that say its a sign from above to bestow wealth on the needy or any other crap like that.....spare me.

mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:06:37 AM

You know that the father of all cryptos is Bitcoin and Satoshi is his creator.
If you'll ever read the Bitcoin's whitepaper you will see that Satoshi's vision was an "electronic payment system without going through a financial institution".
If cryptos become in the future global we will be able to use them without sharing them with the banks.
This was his goal, the end of the current financial system.
So my opinion is that we benefit of buying cryptos, but on one condition, using them in our daily life instead of fiat.

Who benefits from this? Yes I know the person or the exchange that sells it does, but that not what Im talking about.

Lets admit it, aside from the store of value and being able to pay for things, investing in alt coins is really just a digital coin collection.

Are we not all just picking our favorite coins and hoping that others think they are special and buy them which accounts for the value?

Its really just like investing in comic books, trading cards, art, or real coins.

No one has ever been able to explain to me why buying these coins helps in the functional use of them.

Before anyone answers, yes blockchain tech is great and will be used in the future, I am not disputing that, and to all thecrazy crypto zealots that say its a sign from above to bestow wealth on the needy or any other crap like that.....spare me.

Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:15:41 AM

If you buy a coinds the people in the market will benefits of it. If there is a circulation of money everyone in the market will benefits not just the creator of the coins.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:30:54 AM

In my opinion both will benefit if you bought tokens from an ICO, they will surely benefit because they will sure use that money to engage even further in their project, Because an ICO will sure need some help it can get from people that are interested with Cryptocurrency and their provided project or services, And people that bought the tokens will be benefited if the price of their token will increase,
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:38:16 AM

Many of today's ICO are a scam.
Some people who invest in ICO projects are like gambling. They just want to make a short-term profit from the ICO project.
Some other people invest in ICO projects to be optimistic about the prospect of this project. When the project really has users, the circulation consumption of tokens will lead to the price increase.

AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:41:23 AM

Buying coins and everything else is more global as it was all invented so that we gradually moved away from the banks and were consistent and refusing to buy dollars.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:42:26 AM

Who benefits from this?

I think it is still obvious. Everyone benefits when someone buy, starting from developers down to the whole community holding and believing on that coin.

Hmm, it is like a company. They ave their own share of the supply. Ones its value will increase it allows them to have more funds to develop the project. Developing the projects means better functions.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

In my opinion both will benefit if you bought tokens from an ICO, they will surely benefit because they will sure use that money to engage even further in their project, Because an ICO will sure need some help it can get from people that are interested with Cryptocurrency and their provided project or services, And people that bought the tokens will be benefited if the price of their token will increase,

I think personally this is one of the best answers for this great discussion about the buying a coin, benefits are for both developers and investors. It's a dual arrangement for the both players. Unless the coin a shit coin that's when the investor will regret for his actions.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:51:23 AM

what kind of question is that. if you buy a coin that means you own it and when the price go up, its you that benefit from it granting the project has potential. the only thing that the exchange got from the bid you did was the trading fee and the withdrawal fee if for instance you withdraw it going to your own wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thomas daniel

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:52:21 AM

In the U.S., we pay high fees for financial transactions and face delays but most people have bank accounts and the system works well enough to get most things done, so the need here is not as great. In countries where there’s already free person-to-payments, the need is even less.

Where I see the greatest need are international payments and developing countries where people don’t have bank accounts or the ability to create banks accounts, and so are completely cut out of international financial markets and participating in the global economy. There are countries where you have difficulty selling or buying through ecommerce. You can’t buy because you don’t have a credit card, or a lot of businesses refuse to accept credit card transactions internationally because the fraud rate is too high. If there are too many fraudulent transactions, they have to pay for them and might even lose their ability to accept credit cards at all. A lot of ecommerce businesses won’t accept international transactions, so someone internationally can’t buy the things we can buy. Nor do they have a good way to sell things since they can’t receive payments. So a large part of the world is cut off from global ecommerce.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:22:08 AM

Who Benefits from buying a coin
A very rough overview:
-> PoW (Prove of Work) coin primary the miner selling to recoup investments for the miners and operating cost to produce the digital commodity.
-> PoS (Prove of Stake) the people how bought the coin and now staking to receive payments.
-> Ripple, as one company sells every xrp and a handfull have 80% of it, 80% goes to them to enjoy luxurious live at the expense of ravaging gamblers.
-> ICO Token primary whoever produce it
-> other Prove of .......... depending on individual coin.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: