Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:55:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3618 times)
henlity87

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:30:47 AM

Holding is very profitable in most cases, but in a  case where the currency losses value after a long hold, you may have to sell at a loss or hold longer. I believe that sometimes people day trade to get money for emergency situations and the there also some who day trade foolishly.
Holding can be consider as the passive way of income, where we do not require a lot of experience or hard work, we only need to hold our bitcoin and when the price increases then we should sill it on time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BryanRoseWalker

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:52:11 AM

Holding is very profitable in most cases, but in a  case where the currency losses value after a long hold, you may have to sell at a loss or hold longer. I believe that sometimes people day trade to get money for emergency situations and the there also some who day trade foolishly.
Holding can be consider as the passive way of income, where we do not require a lot of experience or hard work, we only need to hold our bitcoin and when the price increases then we should sill it on time.

it doesn't matter if you have other sources of income, but I have to do cutloss if the market conditions don't allow to hold coins that I consider not too profitable in the short term.

a trader always thinks practically with periodic analysis, if not, they will not have the concentration to speculate quickly as the opposite happens to hodler.
cryptotalkbd

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:29:01 PM

It depends on you. I think, if you have good ideas about your market and coins then you can trade. Because day trading can be more beneficial in a short time. But there is more risk.
Hold is safe, there is no chance of loss.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:09:30 PM

It depends on you. I think, if you have good ideas about your market and coins then you can trade. Because day trading can be more beneficial in a short time. But there is more risk.
Hold is safe, there is no chance of loss.

well, for now, there are still so many assets that I hold. it could be said that I was trapped in this storm. the only thing I can do for now is to hold the coin until the coin price starts to improve. well, but I'm so sure, that out there, so many people are using day trading.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:21:13 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
Daily trading is obviously more profitable because profit will be earned every day unlike in long term holding wherein investors would only earn profit during the increase in the market. Profit is more instant in trading than on long term investment. But still, trading is complicated, therefore, it would depend on an individual on which one is his preference.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:36:31 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
The HODL strategy is only effective to the cryptocurrencies who have potential in the market. It is the reason why you should hold altcoins that have good characteristics for you to ensure that you will avoid losses.

mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:04:54 PM

My opinion which is supported by statistic is that most of people who are holding right now regret that decision and they're saying the better they would be trading or at least to sell everything they had because holding is a loss for them.
logan16j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:58:50 PM

if you choose to day by day trading your profit will possible to lose better Hold and exchange when the price is getting high
I believe you should not choose hold at this point, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and adjusting very strongly, bitcoin prices are in the bearish cycle in the long term, so you will damage very big if hold.

At this point you should only trade the day to make the profit with the least risk.
ojanamon

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:33:10 PM

Now bitcoin and alltcoin price is low so it's not sell time. You can buy all coin and hold it longtime when market up then you sell it
htconem7

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:47:44 PM

Now bitcoin and alltcoin price is low so it's not sell time. You can buy all coin and hold it longtime when market up then you sell it
I think that with a bottomless market, I believe that bitcoin prices will be able to drop sharply at any time, which will lead to a drop in altcoin prices. So I believe that this time you should only trade day and should not hold, sell when profitable and always have planned transactions. The market is bearish in the long term so you have to pay close attention to bitcoin.
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:48:12 PM

for now it is better to do day trading or short-term trading, the value of btc goes back down so this is the right time to buy it, don't be too ambitious to get big profits because the small profits are continuously better than big profits and only one time.
Wong owah

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:43:31 AM

I prefer HOLD trading at this time, the price of all coins by going down, buy as many coins as possible and then our HODL coins and then sell at a high price, trade for the long term.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:57:34 AM

in trading we have the choice between daily trading and holding back for long-term investment, and we must be able to complete the transaction time, and I prefer to hold back
katuhakuh

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:40:08 AM

For me, of course, hodl is the best. However, short to medium trading is very interesting for me, because it encourages me to learn more about cryptocurrancy. I am quite new in trading with cryptocurrancy. If we have a good method that can make us profit with it. Then we hold on to it.
Afonos

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:56:03 AM

If you are an experienced trader then you can for day trading otherwise, start holding them until the price of coins increases. In day trading it is impossible to make money but we have to analyse the things how much it can raise and how much it will fall depends on that you can make a profit.
Daily trading requires careful calculation and higher tension, because price movements are so fast that profit / loss can occur immediately. For smart people, daily trading is good, but investment is better because it is more relaxed and can be long-term. Just buy now and keep it up to expensive prices then sell it to make a profit.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:10:50 AM

Opinion about what, what to benefit, play safe, invest or the lowest risk? HODL and daily trade have advantages in each field and it also depends on where your expertise is useful. Try to choose your interests where, in my opinion the daily trade requires more analysis and you only need to estimate the future in the short term, this is enough with the news in my opinion. Whereas, HODL you have to see the future far away especially crypto is very difficult to understand the market.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
vinbentrob

Activity: 210

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:48:29 AM

Bitcoin must be held!  It is important that we know the potential of bitcoin and have faith in it.  Bitcoin is versatile and secure,  it has solved many transactional problems already but local and international,  people just need to know what they stand to gain holding and using Bitcoin!

karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:30:59 AM

I trade daily and I also hold bulk of my fund in Bitcoin for long term.  I try to manage this cryptocurrency  activity to the best of my ability and if the trade does not go the way I wanted it,  I just take the outcome in my stride!

moon2earth

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:31:54 AM

Day trading is the best choice at this time that I believe you can see that bitcoin prices in recent days are fluctuating very strong and is constantly falling, the market is showing signs of falling into crisis. I believe that you should only invest in bitcoin. The price of altcoin will drop very fast if the bitcoin price falls, hold will make you very heavy losses and you can only hold when the market is uptrend.
I think that both are the best choice, depending on your experience and interest. If you are good in day trading then no doubt that you can make goof profit from there, and so day trading is suitable for you. But I think that holding bitcoin for long term is also a good and safe strategy to make money.
r.black

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:02:47 PM

You are talking about things that can not be compared. If you are trading, then you work here and now to make a profit in an environment that is understandable to you. If you are making investments, you should be ready to sit out, most likely for a very long time, but the end result you can pleasantly surprise or even make a rich man. Trade should be studied long and hard, investment is available here and now - and then it's up to you to decide)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: