Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:59:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] lolMiner-mnx, Mining MinexCoin(MNX) New version: v0.4 (July 22)  (Read 30710 times)
Lolliedieb (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:41:13 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 08:01:42 AM by Lolliedieb
Merited by Anon11073 (5)

lolMiner-mnx

-- Announcement Thread --

Hi folks,
this is the thread for announcing lolMiner-mnx for mining MinexCoin (MNX) based on the Equihash 96/5 algorithm (please do not confuse this with Zcash / BitcoinGolds Equihash 200/9).

The new versions from 0.4 onwards got a new thread, because I added there other coins as well.
See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4724735

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AAile

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:23:07 PM

reserved
Dirtpaw

Activity: 192
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:53:44 PM

Dev-fee is too high and we are missing CUDA optimized miner. We already have OpenCL miner. So I suggest you lower the dev-fee and make a CUDA version.

Earn or compound your BTC : https://freebitco.in/?r=8476033  I share 75% of my commissions with my referrals. Share amount based on referral activity.
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:55:38 PM

Thanks for the miner, but i dont really get how to start a 6 gpu rig Smiley Your comment with platform is confusing, i dont understand it at all Smiley

Bitrated user: Kompik.
salshicha

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:08:32 PM

Dev-fee is too high and we are missing CUDA optimized miner. We already have OpenCL miner. So I suggest you lower the dev-fee and make a CUDA version.

Can you tell me where to find OpenCL miner for windows?
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:09:57 PM

Well technically OpenCL is not necessarily slower than CUDA. Usually is is only that most OpenCL codes are optimized for AMD and the OpenCL bindings of AMD are a bit more efficient. But generally I think improving the algorithms behind will bring more sol/s than changing to CUDA which would be a pain for me to learn Wink

By the way: my development and testing machines have Nvidia GPUs running under Linux. So the current version is rather optimized for NVidia. For AMD I only know that the miner works, but I am completely in the dark how fast it is. So at this time this is a Nvidia optimized software.

By the way: I will surely lower the fee to 1% in the future. But right now I just have to get a start Wink

Thanks for the miner, but i dont really get how to start a 6 gpu rig Smiley Your comment with platform is confusing, i dont understand it at all Smiley

Well you can have multiple drivers on your system, e.g. when you have graphic cards from multiple vendors in your rig. Then the OpenCL drivers are organized in platforms, so all cards belonging to the one vendor are in platform 0, all from the second in platform 1 and so on.

As for the device selection the devices are sorted by their platform.
Lets assume that you have all 6 GPUs from the same GPU Chip Vendor (AMD or Nvidia ... the concrete creator of the card (Gainward, MSI, ... ) do not matter). Then it is likely that you have only one platform on your machine that has index 0.
So you then can start the miner just 6 times, but with different device parameter:
--device 0
--device 1
--device 5

Then all cards should get utilized well.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
AAile

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:10:13 PM

mxMiner download
salshicha

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:15:14 PM

mxMiner download

I read about, but is it faster than lolminer?
Aeon_

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:25:47 PM

Tested under nvOc 19.4

Card: MSI Gtx 1070

Settings:
INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT_0=110
__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=800

Hash: 14.5Kh/s

Good job;D
AAile

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

mxMiner download

I read about, but is it faster than lolminer?

I'll test it soon.
So far, virustotal says the file is 100% virus free.
Dirtpaw

Activity: 192
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:34:41 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 05:59:40 PM by Dirtpaw

Well technically OpenCL is not necessarily slower than CUDA. Usually is is only that most OpenCL codes are optimized for AMD and the OpenCL bindings of AMD are a bit more efficient. But generally I think improving the algorithms behind will bring more sol/s than changing to CUDA which would be a pain for me to learn Wink

By the way: my development and testing machines have Nvidia GPUs running under Linux. So the current version is rather optimized for NVidia. For AMD I only know that the miner works, but I am completely in the dark how fast it is. So at this time this is a Nvidia optimized software.

By the way: I will surely lower the fee to 1% in the future. But right now I just have to get a start Wink

Well you can have multiple drivers on your system, e.g. when you have graphic cards from multiple vendors in your rig. Then the OpenCL drivers are organized in platforms, so all cards belonging to the one vendor are in platform 0, all from the second in platform 1 and so on.

Lets assume that you have all 6 GPUs from the same GPU Chip Vendor (AMD or Nvidia ... the concrete creator of the card (Gainward, MSI, ... ) do not matter). Then it is likely that you have only one platform on your machine that has index 0.
So you then can start the miner just 6 times, but with different device parameter:
--device 0
--device 1
--device 5

Good to hear. I will test out the miner and check how much faster it is, if it is Cheesy

Edit: Tested the miner. If i run only 1 gpu then the speed is almost double of optiminer but when I run 6 GPUs hashrate drops quite alot and is slower than Optiminer. Also one GPU dropped core when I started miner (maybe picky gpu doesnt like same clocks as other cards.). Tested with 1070 ti-s.

Earn or compound your BTC : https://freebitco.in/?r=8476033  I share 75% of my commissions with my referrals. Share amount based on referral activity.
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:35:26 PM

--device 0
--device 1
--device 5

Thanks will try it out. I am also getting lilboost system md error on some rigs? Smiley

Bitrated user: Kompik.
salshicha

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:40:36 PM

When i use a few instances, some of them crash and close
mk111

Activity: 230

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:50:04 PM

How many sols does a GTX 1070 and a RX 580 do on the Windows version?
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:11:56 PM

Thanks will try it out. I am also getting lilboost system md error on some rigs? Smiley

Thats interesting... on some but not on all? Can you provide more info about your configuration and how the rigs may differ? From libbost system md I assume that the rigs are running Windows?

The maximum that I tested here were 2 instances running on two GTX 1080... So I do not know yet what happens with more. Can ypu give me more info about your config and what error message is given at crash time? Hope we can find the issue quickly.

I will think during this evening how I can thank you early testers reporting bugs and hash rates. Will give a post on that tomorrow Smiley

salshicha

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:26:39 PM

Thats interesting... on some but not on all? Can you provide more info about your configuration and how the rigs may differ? From libbost system md I assume that the rigs are running Windows?

The maximum that I tested here were 2 instances running on two GTX 1080... So I do not know yet what happens with more. Can ypu give me more info about your config and what error message is given at crash time? Hope we can find the issue quickly.

I will think during this evening how I can thank you early testers reporting bugs and hash rates. Will give a post on that tomorrow Smiley

Tried 5 instances with nvidia 1060 and W10

2 of them eventually crashed with windows message "app stopped working"
AAile

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:28:45 PM

First of all, wow, lolMiner-mnx gives great hashrates, almost 10 times better than mxMiner_0.20.1.
One gtx 1060 mini gives around 8000 KSol/s.

The issues:
It keeps the CPU at 99% busy all the time, even if you don't use cpu mining.
It does crash randomly in about 15 minutes of mining. Doesn't look related to anything, could be an overflow or some other leak in the code.
I tested this on my test rig with only 2 cards (gtx 1060 gtx) with two threads for each card. I have tested the cpu mining shortly, but without the cards.

You're on a good path to create a very good miner.
Aeon_

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:31:59 PM

How many sols does a GTX 1070 and a RX 580 do on the Windows version?

GTX 1070
Win10
@+0 cc /+800 mem
Average speed (5s): 14444.7 Sol/s
Average speed (5s): 14136.5 Sol/s
Average speed (5s): 14530.8 Sol/s
Average speed (5s): 14531.3 Sol/s

Edit: CPU i5 3570k 78% utilization with two instances

Edit2: stable for 15-20 min then crashed
salshicha

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:37:29 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 06:57:55 PM by salshicha

With an i5-4690k , more than 3 instances of the miner with 1060s, the hashrate of every instance falls dramatically

When the miner crases, the error relates to libstdc++-6.dll

Can you put a parameter on miner to set -cl-local-work?

Perhaps the solution another miner developer adopted may be useful to you

He made a opencl miner that eat all cpu available, and the more gpus working, less performance for each one

There is an issue with NVIDIA GPUs leading to very high CPU usage. The reason is improper implementation of OpenCL by NVIDIA. When CPU thread waits for results from GPU, it does not stop, it spins in loop eating CPU resources for nothing.  
 There was impemented a workaround on this issue: before reading results from GPU current thread sleeps during small calculated time.

He resolved it and the miner is more stable and a lot faster.
qwep1

Activity: 610
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:55:13 PM

Huh

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  -  Masternodes  -  Obfuscation

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: