Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:46:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] lolMiner-mnx, Mining MinexCoin(MNX) New version: v0.4 (July 22)  (Read 30711 times)
Monayman

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:28:13 PM

V 0.12 gives me full speed for my 1080's - but I can't run more than one instance of the miner.
One is stable (for 30 minutes so far), any more than that crashes the miner.

I'm just going to bring this up again.

In version 0.11, WITH the nv hot fix, I was getting full stable speeds with three instances of your miner running on my rig, ONLY when I would connect to the computer through team viewer.

Screen - SLOW
No screen - SLOW
Connect with team viewer - BOOM, FAST

This works every. Single. Time.

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Racquemis1

Activity: 271
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:30:32 PM

Hi pool operator of minexpool here.
Dev, plz contact me on Telegram,  @Racquemis
The introduction of your miner is causing problems on the pool which should be resolved asap.
Let's work together to fix this.
milop

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:22:09 PM

Hello, developer. rx580 gives the optimizer 10ksol on Linux, and on your 6.5, maybe it's all about the intensity ?? Wink
r12x2

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:09:36 PM

Hello, developer. rx580 gives the optimizer 10ksol on Linux, and on your 6.5, maybe it's all about the intensity ?? Wink

same issue
promuckaj

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:50:05 PM

Just to confirm the issue with RX cards, in my case RX570 gives me 5.8 while on linux+optiminer there is around 9ksol. To bad.
kdb

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:41:20 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 05:58:05 AM by kdb

version 0.12
AMD Athlon II X2
On linux ubuntu 16.04
3x1070 13.9-14.2 (uptime 8 hours)
4x1060 - 9.6-10.0 (uptime 10 hours)
5x1050ti - 5.8-6.0 (uptime 10 hours)
4x1050ti+2x1050 - freeze at 3-5 min

on 1 of 4 1060 was "Warning: read_until: End of file", after restart all good

On windows 10
3x1070 - 10.2, 10.7, 5.2 (reboot after 10-15 min)
1x1050 - 5.2-5.4 (uptime 12 hours)

Last version on ubuntu gives some more hashes
On windows good work only one GPU
kdb

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:57:28 AM

It would be good to display index of GPU. It's not clear what *.bat to reboot when something is gone wrong.
Anon11073

Activity: 896
Merit: 289

Twitter: @BTY_11073

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:35:44 AM

So, lets go for New Version 0.12

As usual here are die Download links:
Linux 64: Click Here
Windows 64: Click Here

Change log:

Changes to the "--enable-nv-hotfix" switch
The hotfix is now a bit less aggressive compared to v 0.11. It may be that the CPU load is slightly up compared to the previous version, but the new algorithm is doing better when recovering from a time with overall high CPU load. If the old version worked better at your side you can still download the old version v0.11 here (Win 64) and here (Lin 64) .

In general for the miner monitor the load during the first minutes of running. If you have an overall system load above 60% I would recoment running less instances of lolMiner and use the remaining graphic cards for mining with an other coin.

Fix of the "compile() error"
The miner now also runs on older AMD implementations with the official AMD drivers. The most ancient card I tried was a Radeon HD 7770 (GCN 1, released February 2012 (!) ) and it runs fine with about 600 sol/s when using Windows 10.

Fix of a "lucky user" bug.
There was one strange bug in the miner causing a segfault when too many solutions were found with one equihash run. Usually on average about 2 solutions are found, 4-5 can happen, but I had one report of 10 solutions in one run. v 0.11 was not prepared for this, but now it is ^^

Improvements to reconnect function.
Before there were multiple threads testing if the stratum connection is still valid and that may have issued a reconnect. This sometimes caused that thread #1 wanted to restart the reconnect attempt just started by thread #0. Now there is exactly one thread left that is able to issue a reconnect when an error is detected. Also after the first reconnection attempt the miner will now wait for 30 seconds to give the pool time to respond before the next reconnection attempt is taken.

Shipment with new libraries in Windows version
We had some reports about libstdc++ library crashes in Windows version. I updated all libraries in Windows version to newer versions. This does not guaranty that the stability issues are gone, but maybe the new versions help. At least I had no issues with the new versions in first testing.

New known issues:
Connection reseted by peer (Linux),  A connection was disconnected by the software on the host computer (Windows), Received job has wrong number of parameters! (both), All on minexpool.nl
I do not know yet why - either if this is a pool issue over the last two days or if this is an issue of the miner. At least the miner had some trouble connecting to the pool sometimes and receives irregular messages from this pool from time to time. The connection reseted by peer message often seems to affect the miner when no share was send in more than 90 seconds. Future will show if this is miner or pool bug and if there are efficient countermeasures to handle this. Currently I can observe that the miner is able to recover from the issue by reconnection, but of cause this lowers income when shares get lost and the miner is waiting for a reconnection attempt.  

Adding something like --retries and --retry-delay would be nice or even backup pool options.
If you just allowed the program to exit after failing to reconnect the specified amount of --retries consecutively, it would allow us to simply run a new instance trying another pool automatically.

I will definitely consider this as one possible feature for next release version. Good idea Smiley

----------
Current hash-rate of all lolMiners out there: ~1.9 to 2 Msol/s
Market share: ~3.5%
Yeah, my miner is stable at the moment.
The operation time has exceeded 12 hours, but it has not crashed.

Windows10 x64, GTX 1080
Good job, Lolliedieb.

I'm a former moderator of Bitcointalk Japanere borad.
Decred is a true community governance cryptocurrency.
Monayman

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:48:20 AM

For anyone who is interested, I have been able to work out a "temporary solution" to my earlier issues with instability.
I'm running a test rig with 2x 1080, 1x 980Ti on W10

Some notes:
-Every additional instance reduces individual GPU speed significantly (14khs/1080/1 instance vs 11khs/1080/3 instances)
-Even one instance of v 0.12 was rather unstable and could not be left unattended for any real amount of time. At 2, miners would start crashing within a few minutes. At three instances (GPUs), crashed within two mines.

So I ran a 90 second loop for three instances, and after observing results poolside, this "technique" has very little effect on hash rate.

Mr Lolliedieb, thank you for your work. This is great stuff!!!!
Lolliedieb (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:45:49 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 08:56:57 AM by Lolliedieb

As the software's dev I am obviously interested in a possible solution.  I hope this does not mean frequent reconnects to pool since this is a lot of stress for the mining pool.
Anyways - If you help me getting things stable that would not be for free anyways - remember I announced to distribute half my first income from dev fee to all that help me stabilize this miner and to improve the experience with it Smiley

Also I would like to know more details about your system, since you seem to have massive stability problems.
Valuable parameters for me:

Exact Windows version, CPU you use and maybe a detailed error message if there is one. Some complained about having a libstdc++6 error on Windows. If you also had this can you check if there is an other version of this library anywhere on your system except for in the lolMiner directory. I have the feeling that this is sometimes the reason for the crashed.
As said - this is not for free - every detailed description that helps reducing these bugs make you people eligible for claiming your fraction of what I want to distribute Smiley

Ps: Due to a very productive live chat with Raquemis (dev / host of minexpool.nl) last evening I can announce that we found one glitch in lolMiner. Fixing that will eliminate the wrong parameter size issue you currently have sometimes on minexpool.nl and optiminer.eu. Also we found a 4 years old bug (!) in z-nomp ^^ Ok, nothing serious, but funny that it took so long for someone to find it ^^

Also for all AMD miners: under Linux optiminer currently is about 50% ahead to lolMiner, while lolMiner almost doubles the hash-rate of NVidia cards. This is currently just an optimization issue. As soon as my miner is stable I will introduce more optimizations for both GPU vendors lifting lolMiner hopefully on par (or even beyond) Wink

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Timeclo

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:12:53 AM

I downloaded the latest version, 0.12 and it still seems to crash/attempt to reconnect every couple hours and it stays that way. I have to manually restart it every couple hours. It's a potential problems to fix. I'm using nvidia gpu with windows 10.
Anon11073

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 11:26:34 AM

umm...Although the miners seemed to be stable, they suddenly crashed earlier...
It seems to be unstable yet. Embarrassed

Windows10 x64, GTX 1080
Good job, Lolliedieb.

Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:09:49 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 04:38:21 PM by Lolliedieb

Windows10 x64, GTX 1080
Good job, Lolliedieb.

No reason to get sarcastic  Roll Eyes Grin

Well I did not plan to have an other version today, but there are to much changes to hide it from you:

Time for version 0.13

Linux 64: Click here (v 0.13)
Windows 64:  Click here (v 0.13)

Change log:

Resolved the "wrong number of parameter" disconnect bug
Now lolMiner-mnx is more flexible regarding this and interprets other sizes correctly. Thanks to Raquemis for helping me finding this.

Fixed certain bugs with the stratum connector.
Some small fixes that will keep the connection more stable and prevent the miner from disconnecting / crashing.

A small adjustment to the "--enable-nv-hotfix"
It happened that the system clock was to precise to measure the timings for the switch. Now modified the routine that takes care of this. CPU load might be increased slightly, especially for cards with very few compute cores, but the impact of the switch to the hash-rate should be decreased.

[Windows only] lolMiner-mnx is now a static build for Windows
On some machines stability issues came from older libraries in the system conflicting with the ones shipped with lolMiner. This should not happen any more. I can not promise that this fixes all Windows issues but it gives me more control over the situation. Note that for Windows build also the structure in the ZIP has changes, since the whole ZIP now only contains two files.

----------
Current hash-rate of all lolMiners out there: ~3.09 Msol/s
Market share: ~6.3%

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Anon11073

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:20:36 PM

Windows10 x64, GTX 1080
Good job, Lolliedieb.

No reason to get sarcastic  Roll Eyes Grin

Well I did not plan to have an other version today, but there are to much changes to hide it from you:

Time for version 0.13

Linux 64: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15tj0qoJQFFbo3XY5sulk8TLk1FXhtBGD
Windows 64: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EDbdlWeuLm9JNrp2fFZ0sQElQiszVjp9

Change log:

Resolved the "wrong number of parameter" disconnect bug
Now lolMiner-mnx is more flexible regarding this and interprets other sizes correctly. Thanks to Raquemis for helping me finding this.

Fixed certain bugs with the stratum connector.
Some small fixes that will keep the connection more stable and prevent the miner from disconnecting / crashing.

A small adjustment to the "--enable-nv-hotfix"
It happened that the system clock was to precise to measure the timings for the switch. Now modified the routine that takes care of this. CPU load might be increased slightly, especially for cards with very few compute cores, but the impact of the switch to the hash-rate should be decreased.

[Windows only] lolMiner-mnx is now a static build for Windows
On some machines stability issues came from older libraries in the system conflicting with the ones shipped with lolMiner. This should not happen any more. I can not promise that this fixes all Windows issues but it gives me more control over the situation. Note that for Windows build also the structure in the ZIP has changes, since the whole ZIP now only contains two files.

oh sorry... Lips sealed

Thank you for the new build.
You are doing really good work.

I will try using a new miner immediately.

Syth

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:25:54 PM

Hi pool operator of minexpool here.
Dev, plz contact me on Telegram,  @Racquemis
The introduction of your miner is causing problems on the pool which should be resolved asap.
Let's work together to fix this.

What's the minimum amount to qualify for payout?
I have just under 0.1 MNX stuck in your pool for a couple of days.
I would've started mining there again after the "wrong parameters" issue was resolved, but I cannot seem to find minimum payout amount mentioned anywhere.
Wa4A

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:41:37 PM

Hello Dev!
Whats wrong?
http://i6.pixs.ru/storage/9/9/9/2018021518_1639793_29383999.png
Win10
CPU: DualCore Series E8700
GPU: 1063*1
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:50:26 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 04:28:03 PM by Lolliedieb

Hello Dev!
Whats wrong?

Win10
CPU: DualCore Series E8700
GPU: 1063*1

Thanks for reporting.

Links for v 0.13 removed .... there is a small bug with shares submit ... will be fixed in 10 minutes

Edit:
Fixed for Linux download. But Windows will take some time.

Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:39:30 PM

Both binaries updated - should work now.

It seems 13 is a bad luck number ^^

Monayman

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:19:52 PM

As the software's dev I am obviously interested in a possible solution.  I hope this does not mean frequent reconnects to pool since this is a lot of stress for the mining pool.
Anyways - If you help me getting things stable that would not be for free anyways - remember I announced to distribute half my first income from dev fee to all that help me stabilize this miner and to improve the experience with it Smiley

Also I would like to know more details about your system, since you seem to have massive stability problems.
Valuable parameters for me:

Exact Windows version, CPU you use and maybe a detailed error message if there is one. Some complained about having a libstdc++6 error on Windows. If you also had this can you check if there is an other version of this library anywhere on your system except for in the lolMiner directory. I have the feeling that this is sometimes the reason for the crashed.
As said - this is not for free - every detailed description that helps reducing these bugs make you people eligible for claiming your fraction of what I want to distribute Smiley

Ps: Due to a very productive live chat with Raquemis (dev / host of minexpool.nl) last evening I can announce that we found one glitch in lolMiner. Fixing that will eliminate the wrong parameter size issue you currently have sometimes on minexpool.nl and optiminer.eu. Also we found a 4 years old bug (!) in z-nomp ^^ Ok, nothing serious, but funny that it took so long for someone to find it ^^

Also for all AMD miners: under Linux optiminer currently is about 50% ahead to lolMiner, while lolMiner almost doubles the hash-rate of NVidia cards. This is currently just an optimization issue. As soon as my miner is stable I will introduce more optimizations for both GPU vendors lifting lolMiner hopefully on par (or even beyond) Wink

Running W10, G3900 or G4400 CPU, 4GB ram with my 1080's and 980Ti's

Another thing to note, display drivers inevitably crash when a screen is plugged in. All is good over Remote Desktop (I'm still convinced theres a function in team viewer that makes this thing mega stable on W10 lol)

Just installed v 0.13. When I get back from work I will start with trying to extend the loops on my Nvidia rig, and see how long it can run without crashing.
At the moment, I am restarting each instance of the miner once every 90 seconds, and computer is rebooting once every hour.

Also, your update worked magic for my AMD rig. Individual hash rates went up between 2-3x when running multiple instances.

So I guess I've added another test rig to the fleet - 4x RX580, also W10.

Let me know if you need anything to test out. If I am home I will gladly help.
Timoxa886

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:00:55 PM

I checked on a few maps that I have;

OS Win7

Radeon R290 - 6000s / s

Radeon HD7870 - 4000s / s

Nvidia notebook Gpu GTX 555 - 550s / s

Nvidia 8400GS 😁 -17s / s

Tomorrow I'll check for

1050, 1050 TI, 1060 3gb.

The system worked for 2 hours stably.

Maps nvidia check for the weekend on ubuntu and windows. naptshu about stability and driver versions.

I can not install the AMD driver on the ubuntu, so I can not verify it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: