Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] lolMiner-mnx, Mining MinexCoin(MNX) New version: v0.4 (July 22)  (Read 30702 times)
Nihrupka

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:05:31 PM

is there in miner some watchdog script?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FuSioNmAn

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:08:47 PM

Ok...version 0.13 it's more stable.
Mining by 12 hours.
Test with one gpu AMD rx550 4gb (1.7k/s)

Process goes down after 17/18 hours testing.
AMD rx550 4gb
Cpu I5 kaby Lake 7600k
32Gb ram
Fiber 100Mbit (60/20 real)
yurez83

Activity: 420
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:44:54 PM

Lolliedieb, periodically on different random video card Nvidia in the liner (v013 linux, processor 1151 4 cores) appear "error of segmentation" and the miner stops. in version 012, I did not see such an error ..
Lolliedieb (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 05:06:47 PM

is there in miner some watchdog script?

There is one made by a community member earlier in this thread (first 3-4 pages).
But I plan an official one for Windows version in 0.2 (hopefully beeing ready next 7 days)

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Atomsprengkopf

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:43:46 PM

guter miner lolliedieb! schön wäre wenn man mehrere gpu´s in einer konsole starten könnte
meine rx vega64 schafft 16k sol´s mit blockchain driver
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 07:14:52 PM

guter miner lolliedieb! schön wäre wenn man mehrere gpu´s in einer konsole starten könnte

Ich tüftel da gerade dran - hoffe das Feature in der nächsten Version (1-2 Wochen) fit zu haben Smiley Muss dafür unter der Haube etwas ändern aber sollte machbar sein.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Atomsprengkopf

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:33:07 PM

Ich tüftel da gerade dran - hoffe das Feature in der nächsten Version (1-2 Wochen) fit zu haben Smiley Muss dafür unter der Haube etwas ändern aber sollte machbar sein.

ich bin gespannt auf deine neue version. bis jetzt läuft alles prima Grin
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:26:45 AM

Hi all (that have problems with occasionally dropping hashrates with --enable-nv-hotfix):

Let me start with an explanation what exactly is the problem and how the hotfix-switch works.
The problem is that in the miner the CPU has to wait for the graphic card to complete its work. Afterwards the CPU will continue doing target comparison and then submit while the graphic card gets a new work to process.
The waiting for the GPU to complete is done very differently by vendors OpenCL drivers. For AMD and Intel the runtime sets a kind of callback that is automatically triggered when the GPU has completed. So far so good. On Nvidia it is rather simple: There is a tiny loop that frequently tests if the GPU is ready with its work and then exits once this is done. (By the way: in CUDA one can choose having the one or other solution) Unfortunately that simple this loop seems: it produces 100% CPU use for almost nothing useful.

What now does the hotfix. Well I try to measure the runtime of the GPU code and then let the primary mining thread sleep for a while such that it returns shortly before the work is done. Then after the sleep the Nvidia loop is entered to wait for actual completion. Currently of the full time the thread sleeps almost 90% of this time. This 90% can be used by other processes to do other work or let the CPU idle around and allow it to cool down. Simple solution isn't it?

Well unfortunately not, because the sleep command on many systems gives away the "active task" flag of the task and only guaranties that the thread sleeps for a certain time. When my thread actually awakens massively depends on the system load. If the system is idle it is very well working and also if enough resources are avail. But when a lot of miner instances are running, some important system demon jumps in with high priority or whatever taking systems attention (e.g. anti virus scanner), then it may be that the sleeping time is much longer than it should be. And this causes the drop in hash rate.

I observed that one can mitigate (not fully solving) this problem by adjusting the priorities. In Windows task manager you can set the priority of lolMiner from "normal" to "higher" (please not "highest" or "realtime" or something like that ... will crash your system for sure) and on Linux based systems you can start it with "sudo nice -5 ./lolMiner-mnx" to increase its priority. The consequence will be that the system scheduler will pay more attention towards the miner getting the computation time it requires.

This will not completely solve the problem but will make the drops more rare and less high.

anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

I made low cpu-prior/ - crashing in 2-3 hrs (w10x64 ltsb/geforce 388.77/nv-fix)
will try to higher cpu-prior/
Timoxa886

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:44:47 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 04:55:56 PM by Timoxa886

I tried it today with a 2-card machine.
Configuration;
CPU I3 3220
GPU 2 * 1050
System 16.04 Ubuntu

Launched version 13 in two windows for each card, once per hour each window was stopped with the error "error of segmentation".
On version 12 it's the same.
Maybe there is a log of error somewhere, tell me I'll give it to you.

Tried to run 2 cards of different manufacturers on Windows 7.
Configuration:
Celeron G 440
Radeon R9 290 + nvidia 1050
Windows 7

In turn, the maps work fine, but it's worthwhile to start from both immediately falling hashed. I tried with different parameters, but I could not make them.

Total:

Nvidia 1050
Ubuntu 5200s/s
Windows 7 4300s/s

Maybe you can tell me which driver to install on Ubuntu 16.04 to use AMD card?
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:25:36 AM

Maybe you can tell me which driver to install on Ubuntu 16.04 to use AMD card?

There are two that work. One option is to install amdgpu (opensource) with mesa-opencl-icd and libclc-amd-gcn. This is the free variant that will work with any Linux distribution. For Ubuntu with long term support you also can try amdgpu-pro driver (without the other two libs mentioned above). These are the official AMD binary drivers and are likely faster than the free ones but a bit more tricky to install.

But currently for an AMD rig running Linux you should prefer optiminer because its currently about 30% faster then lolMiner on AMD. Will try to close that gap in future of cause Wink

beta1234

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:30:07 AM

Erstmal danke für den Miner vorweg Smiley

Ich habe eine 1080Ti, 1070 + 1060

Ich stelle fest, das selbst mit dem Befehl --enable-nv-hotfix die einzelnen Miner einfach schließen mit der Zeit.
Meine Configs sind :
lolMiner-mnx.exe --server eu.minexpool.nl --port 9999 --user adress.workername --pass x --device 0 --enable-nv-hotfix
lolMiner-mnx.exe --server eu.minexpool.nl --port 9999 --user adress.workername --pass x --device 1 --enable-nv-hotfix
lolMiner-mnx.exe --server eu.minexpool.nl --port 9999 --user adress.workername --pass x --device 2 --enable-nv-hotfix

Man sieht im Taskmanager das die Miner am Anfang weniger Cpu Last benötigen, doch mit der Zeit es dann eigentlich genauso wird wie ohne den hotfix.
Sprich die Cpu lastet irgendwann durch die 3 Miner voll aus wieder.
Siehe Screen : http://imgs.to/v/?nqqwSgWJgp#nqqwSgWJgp

Cpu ist ein Intel i5 2500K Quadcore

Falls du irgendwelche Infos brauchst, immer her damit, möchte gerne helfen im Bezug auf den Miner und Nvidiakarten.
Hashrates sind :
1080Ti @ 55% PL, +100Core/+450RAM = 18900-19100 Sol @ 55°C - 45%Fanspeed
1070   @ 55% PL, +100Core/+800RAM = 14100-15000 Sol @ 49°C - 40%Fanspeed
1060  @ 55% PL, +100Core/+800RAM  = 9400-10100 Sol @ 55°C - 40%Fanspeed

Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 12:07:55 PM

Danke für die Zahlen Smiley

Das mit dem schließen ist so eine Sache die ich noch nicht ganz verstehe - es ist unter Linux exakt der selbe Code und da klappt es gut. Dieser crossbuild ist derzeit noch nicht ganz das gelbe vom Ei, aber besser als keinen Windows build an zu bieten.

Der hotfix hat damit auch nichts zu tun, denn der soll eigentlich nur die CPU Last klein halten. Gut zu wissen, dass das offenbar nicht immer klappt oder nur Anfangs - mal sehen ob das noch besser geht.

Eine alternative, die ich mir vorstellen kann ist später einen Core auf 100% last laufen zu lassen der permanent schaut ob eine GPU fertig ist und die dann wieder anwirft. Dann ist die Last zwar hoch aber nur auf einem Kern bei mehreren GPUs. Damit sollte dann auch ein i5 bis zu 8 GPUs stemmen können und ein Celeron 3xxx (wie auf dem Octominer board) sollte wenigstens 6 packen) ... nicht ideal aber für große Systeme besser als der ist-Zustand ^^

-------------
Edit:
Current Hash for all lolMiners out there: ~5,25 Msol/s
Market share of lolMiner: ~8,5%

Anon11073

Activity: 896
Merit: 289

Twitter: @BTY_11073

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:30:17 PM

My miner crashes unexpectedly. . .
I am using suprnova pool. The cause of the crash is unknown, but it is more frequent than before.

v 0.13 beta/GTX 1080/Windows 10 x64

I'm a former moderator of Bitcointalk Japanere borad.
Decred is a true community governance cryptocurrency.
soniclord
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:26:20 AM

why my 4 cards 1060 is 200-300 sols? :-(
AndreasSantonio

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:51:46 AM

Change --platform and -device, i think you use integrated video
soniclord
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:55:41 AM

this my command:
lolMiner-mnx.exe --server eu.minexpool.nl --port 9999 --user XGdcExaT7nsSBenakSpRqpDDtFYBSx8yMb.workername --pass x --device 0 --enable-nv-hotfix

i change device 0-3 but effect 0
AndreasSantonio

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:16:33 AM

this my command:
lolMiner-mnx.exe --server eu.minexpool.nl --port 9999 --user XGdcExaT7nsSBenakSpRqpDDtFYBSx8yMb.workername --pass x --device 0 --enable-nv-hotfix

i change device 0-3 but effect 0
In my system work only with --platform 2 -- device 0
Use --list-devices to know you platform
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 04:07:34 PM

So, a bit earlier then I expected but since it is lolMiners birthday (one week old now) lets have a party Smiley

Time for version 0.2
(Also known as: "The first feature release")

As usual here are die Download links:
Linux 64:  Klick Me (v0.2 beta)
Windows 64: Klick Me (v0.2 beta)

Change log:

Added simple watchdog scripts for the miner
Well these aren't really high level software, but for the random crashes this will do the job. On linux restart of crashed miner is almost guarantied with that, for Windows I am not sure about what happens when Windows thinks that miner is hanged up. Lets see. If there are more problems I will pay some of the batch experts here to do a proper watchdog for lolMiner Wink
Please do not leave the miner unattended in the beginning. Due to the long list of modifications I did not test this very deeply...

Added multiple GPU support
Under the hood there were a lot of changes required but here it is: Just add --devices=a,b,c to run lolMiner on your devices a,b and c on the selected platform. As before use --list-devices to see which devices are there on your machine. For each device there will be sol/s displayed separately plus every 60 seconds the average over all cards over the minute. When one GPU does not send any sol/s for about two minutes the miner is closed so it can be cached up by the watchdog for a restart.

Added --set-work-batch switch
This switch will control the load that is send to the GPU at once. The value may be between 1 and 4. For Nvidia GTX 1XXX series I observed that 2 (default) is ideal, while AMD Mainstream graphic may work faster (5 %) having this set to 4. Most extreme example I have seen was some Nvidia Tesla card jumping almost 25% when this is set to 1. So you see: there is no ideal value for all cards out there and it is not much tested yet. But having a switch more is better then no option to choose Wink

Fixed immediate reconnect bug
Some pools had trouble with lolMiner that after an unsuccessful connection attempt it directly tried to reconnect. Now it will wait some time before to give the pool a chance to recover from the problem.

Fixed boost async IO crash
Sometimes it happened that one thread closed the pool connection while an other tried to write on it causing the miner to crash. Now there should be a block taking this exception and print a warning. Afterwards the miner tries to reconnect. Should be more graceful than before.

Fixed invalid share bug
Due to some unclean cleanup of nonce informations the first ordinary mining attempt after  the shares of dev fee were computed was messed up. This did not happen every iteration, but will have cost about 1% profitability on pool side. Pools did not punish sending these faulty shares till now, but will do in future. Now this is fixed and should provide you slightly better income. Alert: Due to this bug which may be serious for some pools I would like to announce that the 0.1x versions are kind of deprecated now. If possible switch to newer version asap.

[Nvidia] Fixed high CPU load after long runtime bug
When lolMiner.mnx ran for a long time (yea indeed that happend) the CPU time it consumes increased. Now lolMiner resets the settings for the --enable-nv-hotfix switch internally. That should help reducing CPU load on a long term. For rigs with many cards it still may be high and it still may be better to run lolMiner-mnx on less cards then are available.

[Windows only:] Switched some of the compiled in libraries
The libraries included in 0.13 were identical (but invisible) to those of 0.11, while the ones in 0.12 were newer. Now in 0.2 the ones fit to those of 0.12 which were more stable for some users. Hope this helps stabilizing the miner in Windows.

-------
And here the current statistics:
Hashrate of all lolMiners out there: ~5.25 Msol/s
Market share: ~ 9,6 %

Till now I collected 8.1 mnx as dev fee, half of this will be spread out as bug bounty.

Also:
Announcement:
At the first monthly birthday of lolMiner-mnx, which is March 12th there will be a new version reducing the dev-fee to 1.5%.

Anon11073

Activity: 896
Merit: 289

Twitter: @BTY_11073

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 04:23:34 PM

So, a bit earlier then I expected but since it is lolMiners birthday (one week old now) lets have a party Smiley

Time for version 0.2
(Also known as: "The first feature release")

As usual here are die Download links:
Linux 64:  Klick Me (v0.2 beta)
Windows 64: Klick Me (v0.2 beta)

Change log:

Added simple watchdog scripts for the miner
Well these aren't really high level software, but for the random crashes this will do the job. On linux restart of crashed miner is almost guarantied with that, for Windows I am not sure about what happens when Windows thinks that miner is hanged up. Lets see. If there are more problems I will pay some of the batch experts here to do a proper watchdog for lolMiner Wink
Please do not leave the miner unattended in the beginning. Due to the long list of modifications I did not test this very deeply...

Added multiple GPU support
Under the hood there were a lot of changes required but here it is: Just add --devices=a,b,c to run lolMiner on your devices a,b and c on the selected platform. As before use --list-devices to see which devices are there on your machine. For each device there will be sol/s displayed separately plus every 60 seconds the average over all cards over the minute. When one GPU does not send any sol/s for about two minutes the miner is closed so it can be cached up by the watchdog for a restart.

Added --set-work-batch switch
This switch will control the load that is send to the GPU at once. The value may be between 1 and 4. For Nvidia GTX 1XXX series I observed that 2 (default) is ideal, while AMD Mainstream graphic may work faster (5 %) having this set to 4. Most extreme example I have seen was some Nvidia Tesla card jumping almost 25% when this is set to 1. So you see: there is no ideal value for all cards out there and it is not much tested yet. But having a switch more is better then no option to choose Wink

Fixed immediate reconnect bug
Some pools had trouble with lolMiner that after an unsuccessful connection attempt it directly tried to reconnect. Now it will wait some time before to give the pool a chance to recover from the problem.

Fixed boost async IO crash
Sometimes it happened that one thread closed the pool connection while an other tried to write on it causing the miner to crash. Now there should be a block taking this exception and print a warning. Afterwards the miner tries to reconnect. Should be more graceful than before.

Fixed invalid share bug
Due to some unclean cleanup of nonce informations the first ordinary mining attempt after  the shares of dev fee were computed was messed up. This did not happen every iteration, but will have cost about 1% profitability on pool side. Pools did not punish sending these faulty shares till now, but will do in future. Now this is fixed and should provide you slightly better income. Alert: Due to this bug which may be serious for some pools I would like to announce that the 0.1x versions are kind of deprecated now. If possible switch to newer version asap.

[Nvidia] Fixed high CPU load after long runtime bug
When lolMiner.mnx ran for a long time (yea indeed that happend) the CPU time it consumes increased. Now lolMiner resets the settings for the --enable-nv-hotfix switch internally. That should help reducing CPU load on a long term. For rigs with many cards it still may be high and it still may be better to run lolMiner-mnx on less cards then are available.

[Windows only:] Switched some of the compiled in libraries
The libraries included in 0.13 were identical (but invisible) to those of 0.11, while the ones in 0.12 were newer. Now in 0.2 the ones fit to those of 0.12 which were more stable for some users. Hope this helps stabilizing the miner in Windows.

-------
And here the current statistics:
Hashrate of all lolMiners out there: ~5.25 Msol/s
Market share: ~ 9,6 %

Till now I collected 8.1 mnx as dev fee, half of this will be spread out as bug bounty.

Also:
Announcement:
At the first monthly birthday of lolMiner-mnx, which is March 12th there will be a new version reducing the dev-fee to 1.5%.
Thank you for the update.
I'd like to try a new miner immediately.

"Readme_windows.txt" remains v. 1.3, but is there planning to add a description?

I'm a former moderator of Bitcointalk Japanere borad.
Decred is a true community governance cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: