Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:36:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] lolMiner-mnx, Mining MinexCoin(MNX) New version: v0.4 (July 22)  (Read 30711 times)
coin4addict

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:46:58 PM

Hi. I am new to mining. After a whole night of mining with this version, i got this error

https://i.imgur.com/qWyYkFQ.jpg

I am using 2 different AMD gpu, R9 280x and HD 5770 at workbatch of 8. Before I got my R9 280x, I've been mining with lolminer 0.31 and set the workbatch at auto with HD 5770 24/7 without a hiccup.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richardcripto

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:56:41 PM

lolMiner-mnx

-- Announcement Thread --

Hi folks,
this is the thread for announcing lolMiner-mnx for mining MinexCoin (MNX) based on the Equihash 96/5 algorithm (please do not confuse this with Zcash / BitcoinGolds Equihash 200/9).

The current version of the miner is 0.34 beta (April 11, 2018)

Download Links:
[Lin 64] Click me (0.34, Linux) MD5 of package: 4b6a86481177fe4d09e4dcc71fe20828
[Win 64] Click me (0.34, Windows) MD5 of package: 27075cf216144bc4f47fc139b1fdb7e7

What is new (0.34)?

Windows only: A new watchdog.
This version of lolMiner comes with a watchdog script written in power shell. Basically it detects when the miner is stuck / has 0 sol/s and so on and can restart it if required. You can start it by clicking run_miner.cmd while the old run script is also on board.

To configure the new watchdog you have to edit the watchdog-lolminer-v0.34.ps1 file. Especially you should give the name of your config file in the beginning.

The watchdog is able to reboot the rig after a certain number of miner restarts. To enable this feature you have to set $global:allowReboot=$true in the header of the watchdog on line 18. For the reboot feature to be effective you should place the watchdog in your auto-start.

Also you can allow it do do a screen shot on every crash by setting  $global:allowScreenshot=$true on line 19. The parameter in line 18 controls the number of restarts before the watchdog closes itself or reboots the rig.

In order to handle 0 sol/s cases the watchdog will require admin rights on your computer when it starts. This allows the watchdog to reset your GPU drivers before a new restart attempt. Because of this we made the watchdog open source so you can verify it does no harm to your system.

Fixed a bug in stratum code:
Before the miner got stuck when the first pool in list was not avaiable. This is fixed now. Also the miner no longer closes when the first pool reports an authorization of miner problem, but it now tests all failover pools in a row before exiting due to missing authorization

Changed behavior of –exit-on-zero
Well … did not find a better headline for this. The parameter –exit-on-zero does not exist any more / has no effect. Instead when the miner detects that a GPU did not come back from a mining task properly it will print an error message and close. The same is true when a device does not finish a task for more then 30 seconds.

New internal stratum behavior
The stratum code now monitors for shares not tested (if they are below target) or not submitted. When there was no single share tested for a minute or no share submitted for 10 minutes, the miner will stop working and close itself, so the restart scripts or the Windows watchdog can restart it.

New parameter: --continue-on-error
This is the counterpart to the above two described changes. If this parameter is set the miner will continue working even when an error occurred.
New parameter: --stats-digits <number>
This will set the number of digits printed in statistics messages. E.g. if you set it to 0 the decimal delimiter and everything behind will be cut of. The default is 1.

Slight changes in work management
The change is something I wanted to test for 0.4. Basically it now tries to do the transfer from and to the cards asynchronously. Especially on AMD cards this helps reducing the difference in speed between –work-batch HIGH and AUTO and lower values. Higher is still mining faster but the difference to lower values is now smaller

New parameter: --disable-double-buffer
This is the counterpart to the work management change. For some drivers (the open source Clover OpenCL drivers on Linux) this is required because not all drivers support the change.  

New parameter: --disable-suprnova-for-fee
This parameter is meant to remove the suprnova pool from the list of fall-backs for the miners dev fee. Reason is that this pool is blocked in some countries and that the miner may get stuck on an ISP block of this pool.

lolMiner-mnx now got a license.txt file
Well that was required xD

lolMiner-mnx now displays proper AMD device names
Well its not yet perfect, but I think “Radeon RX 470/480; RX 570/580” is better then “Ellesmere” - but I may be wrong ^^

FAQ:
What coins can I mine with the miner?
lolMiner-mnx is a software for stratum pool mining with the Equihash 96/5 algorithm (MARS).  At the moment the only coin featuring this algorithm is MinexCoin (Symbol: MNX).

How to use the miner and what parameters it features?
The miner comes with a detailed description of all parameters in PDF form "lolMiner_readme.pdf".  Since it is 4 pages long (0.32) I won't cite it all here.

Is this miner for CPU / GPU, and for which vendors?
It can be run on any device that can execute OpenCL 1.1 code. So CPU (Intel / AMD) as well as GPU (Intel / Nvidia / AMD). We have to admit that our testing systems are mainly Intel CPU with Nvidia graphics machines, so this is the best tested situation.

Is there any fee on the miner?
Yes, on version 0.3 the dev fee of the miner was lowered to 1.5% that its mining in background. The hash-rate displayed by the miner is netto hash, so you see what you get. The promise is to lower the fee once MNX increases much in price. Also if in any future time the support and development of the miner stops I promise to do a fee-free build and maybe also release the sources.

What are the system requirements for lolMiner-mnx?
You will need an 64 bit system running any Linux distribution or Windows 7 / 8 / 10.
Moreover the miner requires that an OpenCL driver for the devices you want to mine one is installed on your system.
Note that lolMiner utilizes the hardware very well and stresses it a lot.

What hash-rate can I expect from device x?
This massively depends on OS, driver, the hardware itself. Here are some numbers from our testing systems that we collected when testing the miner. If you run it successfully please report in this thread so we can extend the list.

NVidia Pascal Series (0.32)
Card       PerformanceComment
GTX 1050
5.5k sol/s
--optim OFF
GTX 1050 TI
6.5k sol/s
--optim OFF
GTX 1060
10.5k sol/s
--optim OFF
GTX 1060
11k sol/s
--optim STD, but card runs much hotter
GTX 1070
15.5k sol/s
GTX 1070 TI
17.5k sol/s
GTX 1080
19k sol/s
GTX 1080 TI
23k sol/s
GTX 1080 TI
30k sol/s
Massive OC & Water Cooled,
Maximum reported until today

AMD Polaris & VEGA Series(0.34)
Card            PerformanceComment
RX 570
9k sol/s
8 GB, --set-work-batch HIGH
RX 580
9.2k sol/s
4 GB, --set-work-batch HIGH
RX 580
10k sol/s
8 GB, --set-work-batch HIGH
R9 Nano
11.5k sol/s
--set-work-batch 2G
R9 Fury X
12.3k sol/s
Vega 56
16.5k sol/s
--set-work-batch HIGH
Vega 64
18.5k sol/s
--set-work-batch HIGH
Radeon Pro Duo
23.8k sol/s

How to monitor fan setting and GPU temperatures in lolMiner-mnx?
Unfortunately that is not yet possible. We are searching for a way doing this vendor and OS independent. Hints how to do this are welcome!

Is there an API?
Not yet, but it is in development. (Hopefully in 0.4)

Are there known problems?
A known problem is that cards that are stressed too much will show 0 sol/s after some time, because they do not complete their OpenCL task and do not give back the handle to the mining software. Lower your OC or try to run the cards cooler when you experience this problems more often.

A second known problem is that the Linux version is much more stable then the Windows one although both versions share the same code. This is due to runtime problems that we still try to fix. If you have massive problems in Windows with the miner give the Linux version a try. A simple and easy to use alternative is HIVE OS, that ships with lolMiner from its 0.31 version. The OS is an easy to use OS for mining rigs on Linux base and offers you right now monitoring and automatic restart capabilities much beyond what most watchdogs can do. And it is also easy to configure and comes with recent graphic drivers. Give it a try.

tirou todas minhas duvidas
obrigado
Lolliedieb (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:12:45 PM

I am trying v 0.34, but the screen got drowned when I started up.
Is this normal? The executable file is "run_miner.cmd".

Screen should turn off and right on again. That is because the cmd turns of the GPU driver and tries to turn it on again in the watch dog. This helped a bit better in case were 0 sol/s occur to recover without rebooting. If you do not want this, comment out line 257 ("resetGpus") in watchdog-lolminer-v0.34.ps1.

That may also solve the problem for people that use software over clock that is reset by this procedure.

Also, is it possible to adjust the load with v 0.4?

0.4 is almost a complete rewrite of everything because the current design is not bad but not flexible enough for what I want to do in future. Well ... I can give a try to implement that.

Well I think you were lucky you never had that with 0.31. The new watchdog script detects this graphical error messages, kills everything and should be able to get it back to live.

tirou todas minhas duvidas
obrigado

What doubts? XD
Welcome here Smiley

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Anon11073

Activity: 896
Merit: 289

Twitter: @BTY_11073

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:55:21 PM

I am trying v 0.34, but the screen got drowned when I started up.
Is this normal? The executable file is "run_miner.cmd".

Screen should turn off and right on again. That is because the cmd turns of the GPU driver and tries to turn it on again in the watch dog. This helped a bit better in case were 0 sol/s occur to recover without rebooting. If you do not want this, comment out line 257 ("resetGpus") in watchdog-lolminer-v0.34.ps1.

That may also solve the problem for people that use software over clock that is reset by this procedure.

Also, is it possible to adjust the load with v 0.4?

0.4 is almost a complete rewrite of everything because the current design is not bad but not flexible enough for what I want to do in future. Well ... I can give a try to implement that.
I see, thanks for the reply.
Because the placement of the windows will change, I will comment out the relevant section.

I'm a former moderator of Bitcointalk Japanere borad.
Decred is a true community governance cryptocurrency.
coin4addict

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:23:26 PM

Well I think you were lucky you never had that with 0.31. The new watchdog script detects this graphical error messages, kills everything and should be able to get it back to live.

Well apparently, I did experience this in 0.31 that's why I switched to 0.34 thinking maybe it will solve the issue.
What I am saying that I had no problem with 0.31 mining only with HD 5770. But when I am mining together with R9 280x, the problem occur. So I switched to 0.34 hoping the issue will be solved. And no, the watchdog didn't restart the miner. I had to click the cancel button in order for the miner to be restarted. It sucks when this kind of error occur while I am sleeping, my miner got to be idle for a long period of time.
ninjam

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:43:18 AM

Too much overclock? These newer versions stress gpu more than previous versions, try with less overclock or limit power usage.
Just disable error reporting in windows, then miner will close without error message window.
Cuzzle

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:31:19 AM

Update Re: Version 0.34

9 rigs (mostly nvidia, mix of 1080ti 1070ti 1060 3 gb RX 580 8 gb) all running on lolminer 0.34 for approx 24 hours

Not a single issue that I have observed.

No app crashes (version 0.33 crashed on about 1/3 of the rigs every few hours in a somewhat random way)

No 0 sol/s issue

My Hash Rates
1080ti 24500 sols/s
1070ti 18200 sols/s
1060   10000 sols/s
RX580  9900 sols/s

mild overclock on all rigs, nvidia typically 90% power, +100 core, +200 mem (slight variances depending on the card)

Summary of Version 0.34
Rock solid over 24 hours on 9 rigs  Smiley
smoothyvo

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:57:45 PM

Is there any way to show rejected shares or perhaps someone can enlighten me if I'm looking at this wrong? I'm running hiveos and its running stable forever now on this miner. However, I just checked the hashrate and coins mined and they don't match. For example, I'm hashing at a steady 84.5kH/s. My rewards are about .33 coins a day the last 2 days, which equates to about 75kH/s. That's a pretty big difference. Anyone know if there is a legitimate reason for this?
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 08:56:09 PM

Is there any way to show rejected shares or perhaps someone can enlighten me if I'm looking at this wrong? I'm running hiveos and its running stable forever now on this miner. However, I just checked the hashrate and coins mined and they don't match. For example, I'm hashing at a steady 84.5kH/s. My rewards are about .33 coins a day the last 2 days, which equates to about 75kH/s. That's a pretty big difference. Anyone know if there is a legitimate reason for this?

Rejected shares are displayedby the miner, i.e. suprnova sends "low difficulty share of ... (some number)" when a send share was rejected. When pool sends an error message its just displayed as it is and if itsresponding with share accepted false it should print "share rejected". As far as I know hive stores the log so you can look it up.

Well your income depends also on pool luck, so at what pool you have been? For example suprnova had 114% luck last 7 days, so one got 14% less income then expected for the week. Last day was better, single days last week were much worse, so the volatility is rather high regarding this aspect.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
tamquoc

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:54:19 PM

So in a perfect perfect world..where parking interest stays the same (I know it will not) and price of MNX dose not go up or down here is a calculation of compound yearly interest over 10 year period of parking...with only $200 investment
Velmerk

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:45:54 PM

Please, add --tt option (target temperature) and fan control. THANX
telemen

Activity: 535
Merit: 251

Republia - New Blockchain Technology

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:49:42 PM

Здopoвo чтo нoвaя вepcия вышлa!ceйчac cкaчaю пo-быcтpoмy , бyдy тecтиpoвaть нa cвoeй нeбoльшoй,нo гopдoй фepмe!вceм yдaчи в мaйнeнгe!

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
lencas

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:04:49 AM

When i run with watchdog and miner crash watchdog set gpu settings to default its not good. 3 days mine with 100 power and 0 clock. 2x more power use with default settings and same speed.
Mogul59

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:48:45 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 10:12:43 AM by Mogul59

How to run Watchdog?
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 09:35:45 AM

When i run with watchdog and miner crash watchdog set gpu settings to default its not good. 3 days mine with 100 power and 0 clock. 2x more power use with default settings and same speed.

You can comment out line 257 of the watchdog. Then it will not be reset and your OC settings should remain as they were before.

@Mogul59: It seems it has a problem loading the config file / attaching it to the miners command line call. Can you share your lines 5 to 8 of watchdog-lolminer-v0.34.ps1 ?

By the way, short before the last weekend someone asked me if I could do a version of the miner with ksol/s instead of sol/s. Well not worth to make its own version out of this (or introducing a new parameter at the moment), but who likes to have that too, I build two new executables that do it in ksol-style:

Windows: https://drive.google.com/open?id=122hMmROp_iEPq3Tlrf7wyOjW67ruSYcl
Linux: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zVJovb2h8gXQHdnXxyUAje2r7FrtvXtg

Have fun with it Cheesy

Mogul59

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:12:51 AM

How to run Watchdog?
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:19:32 AM

How to run Watchdog?

Just double click on the run_miner.cmd file ... beforehand replace the example config file name in line 6 of the watchdog file by your filename. If you like to run it with OC also comment out line 257 of the watchdog.
Thats it Smiley

Mogul59

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:15:15 AM

How to run Watchdog?

Just double click on the run_miner.cmd file ... beforehand replace the example config file name in line 6 of the watchdog file by your filename. If you like to run it with OC also comment out line 257 of the watchdog.
Thats it Smiley

what am I doing wrong?
smoothyvo

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:55:06 PM

Rejected shares are displayedby the miner, i.e. suprnova sends "low difficulty share of ... (some number)" when a send share was rejected. When pool sends an error message its just displayed as it is and if itsresponding with share accepted false it should print "share rejected". As far as I know hive stores the log so you can look it up.

Well your income depends also on pool luck, so at what pool you have been? For example suprnova had 114% luck last 7 days, so one got 14% less income then expected for the week. Last day was better, single days last week were much worse, so the volatility is rather high regarding this aspect.

Thanks for the quick response. I am using suprnova and the luck does explain the numbers. I think I looked everywhere on suprnova, but I couldn't find the pool luck number. How did you or anyone else find it?
Seiko1

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:19:48 AM

Is there a way to close the value windows to automatically close after the miner is launched. Or do I have to keep manually closing it.

Use the /B:

start /B /wait /high lolMiner-mnx.exe !PARAMS!

First I want to thank you for this answer. it did the trick perfectly. also I wanted to share my hashrate on my 4 GTX 1070.
They average a hashrate between 17.5k-18k each with a +175core and +1300mem OC with a pwr target of 145w using the v0.33

this hashrate as been 100% stable for the past 7 days outside of a few hours of downtime due to power loss (stupid freezing rain)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: