Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost money Transferring from Bittrex to Gemini  (Read 124 times)
brett701 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:29:33 PM

A couple months ago i sent a couple hundred dollars of value from one exchange to the other. The money/coin was lost during the transfer.

I did not know anything about crypto at the time so I did not realize what i was doing.

Anyways what i believe i did was send about $200 of DGB to my Gemini BTC address from Bittrex. The money never showed up in the gemini account and both sides were telling me to check with the other side.

The transaction is complete and shows nearly 600 confirmations.

Does anyone know what i would do to get this back? I do have all of the hash tags and confirmation information.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:04:17 PM

A couple months ago i sent a couple hundred dollars of value from one exchange to the other. The money/coin was lost during the transfer.

I did not know anything about crypto at the time so I did not realize what i was doing.

Anyways what i believe i did was send about $200 of DGB to my Gemini BTC address from Bittrex. The money never showed up in the gemini account and both sides were telling me to check with the other side.

Does anyone know what i would do to get this back? I do have all of the hash tags and confirmation information.

Thank you.

you try to make a report ticket about the subject you complain to bittrex in the email, indeed we have to wait long enough to get a response from bittrex, or you can contact on twitter they have, or you can open the link below. Hopefully your problem is solved
https://bittrex.com/Home/Contact
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:28:50 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 05:27:22 PM by lite

Thank you.

Only gemini will be able to help, since they have the private keys of your BTC deposit address. they probably won't try to recover. open a support ticket anyway, just in case they decide to recover it..

https://gemini24.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000035186-Will-Gemini-return-digital-assets-sent-to-the-wrong-address-

https://gemini24.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I did some research and it seems dgb can't be sent (even mistakenly) to a BTC address, it must be a different altcoin.

Edit:
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:38:17 PM

Wait a second am I the only who is seeing that or  mistaken few thing here. I mean you sent DGB to a bitcoin address then how it can be recovered there as it is completely different token other than BTC. Or am I missing something here. If you have to send the tokens then you have to send it to the compatible addresses only. We can't send it to the BTC address and the tokens sent in that way are always lost into the process.

But after reading above two responses I'm little confused here. I mean is it really BTC to BTC transaction or some other currency to BTC address.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
austriam4444

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:53:49 PM

get your tx id.... then send support ticket..
they check it out if you had a failure like spaces or mistypo or paste generated by virus on your pc... 

if not...

they it will back

about that glitches... theres a bounty on that... I cant remember what crypto exchanges is that... but if there bug you found. report to them immediately and you received a certain amounts of there bounty..

also hack there system.. they have also aabout bounty on that.. but its bad but its for the sake of security of there system Smiley goodluck...

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:55:32 PM

Thank you.

Can you clarify if what you posted is true because looks like you did a big mistake by transferring $200 worth of DGB from Bittrex to you BTC address in Gemini. That's not going to work and I don't think both Bittrex and Gemini can help you with your issue because its your mistake, consider it gone.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:16:01 PM

Looks he send it to the wrong wallet he send the DBX to btc address..
The only thing that i know that can fix this issue is to request a private key for your bitcoin address from bittrex so that you can try to recover your DBX to the official DBX wallet..
But if you convert your DBX in bitcoin before you send it to bittrex you must share your TXID so that we can check if its confirm or still unconfirmed sometimes the transaction is delay if the transaction fee is too low..
brett701 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:24:14 PM

Im fairly certain that

Thank you.

Can you clarify if what you posted is true because looks like you did a big mistake by transferring $200 worth of DGB from Bittrex to you BTC address in Gemini. That's not going to work and I don't think both Bittrex and Gemini can help you with your issue because its your mistake, consider it gone.
i did not convert it to BTC.  Bc i looked at withdrawal history on Bittrex and it showed DTB for currency and it shows completed.

Yes i transferrred DTB from Bittrex to Gemini. At the time i thought it would convert to BTC for me. It was one of my first transfers.

I know for sure the transactions are complete.
brett701 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:44:11 PM

So who's to blame aside from me?

Bittrex allowed me to send DTB to Gemini. Gemini has accepted it and i have nearly 600 confirmations of it.  Is it Bittrex's fault for allowing me to send it to another non DTB address? The address was a BTC address inside of Gemini.

I feel like i should be going after Gemini currently and not Bittrex. Is that correct?

Thanks guys.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:11:31 PM

I was never able to understand how these things can happen. Exchanges do have a warning sign on the withdraw/deposit sections, saying that if you use a wrong address (from another coin) you will lose you funds. The thing is, why don't they stop it? I never tried doing that with my desktop wallet, but if I put a bcash address on my BTC wallet in a desktop wallet won't the wallet stop this? And in this example I used a forked coin, so maybe here it would be possible, but how could it be possible to send a token to a BTC address? Shouldn't the wallet stop this?

I do think you funds are gone, but I really think something should be done about this because it doesn't make very user friendly and it will cause problems to new users, and that is a bad thing.

brett701 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:52:35 PM

I agree. When i was a new user this scared me to death and now i have a huge fear everytime i transfer funds and also when im selling and buying because all of the exchanges won't give you the best price if you add an extra "0" to the right of the decimal.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:57:11 PM

So who's to blame aside from me?

Bittrex allowed me to send DTB to Gemini. Gemini has accepted it and i have nearly 600 confirmations of it.  Is it Bittrex's fault for allowing me to send it to another non DTB address? The address was a BTC address inside of Gemini.

I feel like i should be going after Gemini currently and not Bittrex. Is that correct?

Thanks guys.
No one but you! databits(dtb) is a counterparty asset/token and counterparty runs on bitcoin blockchain/network, you sent dtb to a bitcoin address and it went through, as it was supposed to. contacting gemini is the only option/hope. btw can you post your BTC address here? or check if your dtb is shown in explorer(https://xchain.io/address/yourbtcaddress).
brett701 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:59:52 PM

Here is the reply they gave me:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (1163929) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/requests/1163929

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?
Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Here's a reminder of what your ticket was about:

Taylor (Bittrex Support)

Feb 12, 09:02 PST

Hi,

The block explorer is showing that this withdrawal has cleared and has confirmed on the block chain.

If for some reason you still do not have this withdrawal please make sure your wallet is up to date and on the correct chain.

Block Explorer: https://xchain.io/tx/3114ba07e6376d186f2f0a251b83aafd0180f3608fc8815c098d6159e38300ae

*This means that Bittrex has fulfilled our end of the send transaction and delivered the coins to the address you entered. These coins cannot be recalled to our wallet and you will need to troubleshoot the receiving end if you have not received them.

You can always check the status of our wallets @ https://www.bittrex.com/status if the wallet is disabled it means we are working to fix it. If the network is behind on blocks you may need to wait until more blocks are found.

*If you have sent DTB to a BTC address. These wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You'll need to research how to remove a private key from a BTC address and import it into a DTB wallet to recover these coins.

If the receiving address is owned by another exchange and they have both coins listed on the exchange, you will need to contact them to see if the coins are recoverable.

You may want to contact someone from the DTB community for help. Bittrex can be of no further assistance on this issue.

Best Regards,

Taylor @ Bittrex
Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter

Bittrex Support Team (Bittrex Support)

Feb 12, 08:55 PST

Hi brett

For withdraw issues please makes sure to read this libittrex.zendeskc/en-us/articles/115000233331-Where-is-my-withdraw-

Please make sure you have included all relevant information about your transaction. Missing information may add delays solving your ticket.

WITHDRAWAL DELAYS
If a transaction ID has already been generated for your withdrawal, please understand that blockchains operate at different speeds and it may take some time for transactions to clear. If ample time has passed and the withdrawal does not show on the blockchain, the transaction may have orphaned and we will need to manually credit your account so that you can re-submit the withdrawal.

Please check our status page at https://www.bittre/Status to see the status of a wallet at any time.

Best Regards,

Feb 12, 08:55 PST

On 10/27/2017 i sent DTB to my BTC address on Gemini. The transaction have been confirmed.

I need you to get my money back into bittrex.

I will have be posting on twitter and various platforms if we can't resolve this.

I sent my DTB to the Gemini exchange and i sent it to a BTC address.

I need a private key for my bitcoin address so taht i can recover my DTB to the official DTB wallet.

Below is the information and transactions:

Address: 1JneET4Fg9JZtQ9t7pN2hP1RMFFb6gwC7T
TxId: 3114ba07e6376d186f2f0a251b83aafd0180f3608fc8815c098d6159e38300ae

Attachment(s)
image.png
This email is a service from Bittrex Support. Delivered by Zendesk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: