Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586097 times)
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1929
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:39:24 PM

for sale 0.1 MT from ico (original price 0.1 btc) , COLLECTORS ITEM , MUST HAVE , lol

price 0.04 btc or 1 ethereum

pm when interested

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:37:09 PM

for sale 0.1 MT from ico (original price 0.1 btc) , COLLECTORS ITEM , MUST HAVE , lol

pm when interested

Damn, why are you selling for so cheap?  You realize when the wallet update is released 1 MT will become worth 3+ BTC ?

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6080

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 08:13:28 AM

pm when interested

Damn, why are you selling for so cheap?  You realize when the wallet update is released 1 MT will become worth 3+ BTC ?

I don't mean to spread FUD or anything, but here is the thing, I haven't seen anything regarding the new wallet in their twitter and Github and both of them are inactive since mid December.
I know that they could be busy but that doesn't mean that they couldn't take five minutes of their time to give an update to the token holders.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4315

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

I think it is (or should be) pretty obvious to most people, that Mycelium is, for all intents and purposes, a "dead" project.

The codebase on github has not been touched for over 3 months. That does not sounds like a project in a active development. The "crowdsale" ended nearly a year ago... If I was an "investor", I would basically be writing off my investment as lost. There seems very little hope of a Mycelium update happening any time soon.

As OmegaStarScream has already pointed out... it takes about a minute or so to drop a note on Twitter or even posting here saying "We're still alive, project ongoing" etc.

Such a shame... as IMHO... Mycelium is (was?) one of the better Android wallets... Sad :/

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
vnnkl

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 11:00:25 AM

I think it is (or should be) pretty obvious to most people, that Mycelium is, for all intents and purposes, a "dead" project.

The codebase on github has not been touched for over 3 months. That does not sounds like a project in a active development. The "crowdsale" ended nearly a year ago... If I was an "investor", I would basically be writing off my investment as lost. There seems very little hope of a Mycelium update happening any time soon.

As OmegaStarScream has already pointed out... it takes about a minute or so to drop a note on Twitter or even posting here saying "We're still alive, project ongoing" etc.

Such a shame... as IMHO... Mycelium is (was?) one of the better Android wallets... Sad :/

most outlets such as twitter are handled solely by myceliums CEO, which is making itself a little rare these days. That's why you have not seen updates.
There is a non-public repo which is being cleaned up and should be soon be moved to the public github, it is planned to be working on public repo then.

join the telegram chat (https://t.me/MyceliumWallet) and you will be able to reach rassah and the devs more easily.
peloso
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1187

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:14:50 PM

its planning update mycelium wallet?
verry urgent if add MANUAL fee entering ( mean digital entry sat ) after this future the wallet will be best
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4315

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:44:04 AM

...snip...

#famousLastWords

Looks like my skill at predicting the death of projects is right up there with my skill at predicting altcoin movements on exchanges! hahah Tongue

Mycelium 2.8.8 released on the 28th March... looks like the fee system has been reworked a little (still no Manual fee though)... and apparently CPFP support!

Additionally, I note the github repo hasn't been updated as yet tho, but it is a start!

There is a non-public repo which is being cleaned up and should be soon be moved to the public github, it is planned to be working on public repo then.
vnnkl, is that non-public repo  only for the new flash MT version of the wallet or does it include the "current" version? Just curious when we can expect to see the code for 2.8.8... call me paranoid, but i like to be able to see what I'm running Wink

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:44:02 PM

I have a wish for improvement. It is based on the recent rise and subsequent fall of the transaction fees.

At the time of this writing extremely low fees were sufficient for confirmation for much of the past 7 days, but Mycelium still recommends quite high fees. I understand that Mycelium wants to stay very much on the safe side, but there are circumstances when only a low fee will do, for example, dust consolidation or a low-value payment that is neither important nor urgent.

I have two proposals, each of which would solve this problem.

• Add a fee choice, or change the current lowest fee choice, label it "Risky", and perhaps add a warning that such a low fee entails a considerable risk of being delayed or not accepted at all. Automatically choose a fee that would have been sufficient at some time during the last 3 days and double or triple it as a compromise.
  • Alternatively, allow the user to enter the fee in satoshi/byte, along with a warning that it is only for advanced users and perhaps an extra warning if the user sets a fee that is lower than the lowest automatically recommended fee.

For certain low-priority transactions it just makes no sense to pay a 30 cent fee when 1 cent would have done, like during the whole past week.
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:58:12 PM

its planning update mycelium wallet?
verry urgent if add MANUAL fee entering ( mean digital entry sat ) after this future the wallet will be best

That would be an important feature because the calculated fees are much too high.

When was the last update of mycelium?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:10:51 PM

A few days back. No improvement in fees indeed. I paid a pretty stunning amount to move an input heavy one but I'd already steeled myself for that.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:51:04 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 12:52:02 AM by HI-TEC99

A few days back. No improvement in fees indeed. I paid a pretty stunning amount to move an input heavy one but I'd already steeled myself for that.

If you don't mind my asking how many satoshis per byte did you pay, and did you choose mycelium's highest priority fee? If I want a very fast confirmation when there's a high backlog of unconfirmed transactions I'm prepared to pay $1, but I draw the line at $2.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:56:51 PM

If you don't mind my asking how many satoshis per byte id you pay, and did you choose mycelium's highest priority fee? If I want a very fast confirmation when there's a high backlog of unconfirmed transactions I'm prepared to pay $1, but I draw the line at $2.

Um, I can't remember. The fee was about $16 on the normal fee, yes really, on 2 or BTC but that made up of about 25-35 ish inputs. It seems to be rather excessive even with far fewer inputs.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:03:16 PM

If you don't mind my asking how many satoshis per byte id you pay, and did you choose mycelium's highest priority fee? If I want a very fast confirmation when there's a high backlog of unconfirmed transactions I'm prepared to pay $1, but I draw the line at $2.

Um, I can't remember. The fee was about $16 on the normal fee, yes really, on 2 or BTC but that made up of about 25-35 ish inputs. It seems to be rather excessive even with far fewer inputs.

At first glance that shocked me, but I recently paid 50 cents for a transaction with one input. Scaled up to 25-35 ish inputs that might result in a fee comparable to yours. I tend to think in human terms of how many dollars it will cost me, not like a computer that's only interested in how many inputs there are. A fee of $16 is still outrageous in human terms.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

At first glance that shocked me, but I recently paid 50 cents for a transaction with one input. Scaled up to 25-35 ish inputs that might result in a fee comparable to yours. I tend to think in human terms of how many dollars it will cost me, not like a computer that's only interested in how many inputs there are. A fee of $16 is still outrageous in human terms.

Yeah. I think people still are thinking in amount terms, not size/byte terms. It could've been worse. At one point the wallet wanted about triple that for the same transaction. I sat and waited but wanted to get it consolidated before it became genuinely ludicrous.

I remember reading somewhere that with fees as they are 30-40% of balances are now unspendable. I can well believe it.

hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:25:42 PM

… I remember reading somewhere that with fees as they are 30-40% of balances are now unspendable. I can well believe it.

That is misleading, because these are only an ultra-tiny, negligible fraction of the total market capitalization. Those are "dust" wallets.

Even so, they can be consolidated, i.e. gathered from many dust addresses into one new address, during times when fees are near zero, like during much of the last week. Transactions with fees below 10 satoshi/byte were accepted and confirmed.

Check https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/2w.html to see the fees during the last two weeks. They are color-coded.

For this, however, you have to be able to set a very low fee. Mycelium, unfortunately, cannot do it.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:26:32 PM

most outlets such as twitter are handled solely by myceliums CEO, which is making itself a little rare these days. That's why you have not seen updates.

join the telegram chat (https://t.me/MyceliumWallet) and you will be able to reach rassah and the devs more easily.

yea, but when polo?

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:16:29 AM

The calculated fees are way too high. I guess for a tenth you would also go into one of the next blocks. Have a look here https://bitcoinfees.21.co .
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1929
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:58:37 PM

pm when interested

\

OK , got a lot more info then before , i thought that there was no development on myceliumteam but after some little research i knew  i was wrong so i am not selling anymore
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6080

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:23:09 PM

When Mycelium generate a new private key exactly (each time I click receive button)? I took backup of the 12 words seed, is that enough or there is a limit of generated addresses where I have to take another backup?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 06:58:30 PM

When Mycelium generate a new private key exactly (each time I click receive button)? I took backup of the 12 words seed, is that enough or there is a limit of generated addresses where I have to take another backup?

Your 12 word seed is what is used to create ALL the keys.  So, the number of transactions you have or backups doesn't matter.  It's always the same 12 word seed.

Private keys are generated each time you receive coins.  Actually, it's simply the next public key in the curve of your seed.

You never have to make a backup after the first.  So, if you lose the phone or simply want the wallet on another phone, you only need to install mycelium and restore using the 12 word seed.  Then, everything comes back (or simply clones) to the new phone(s).

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: