Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586106 times)
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 04:47:02 PM

Feature request:

If the wallet has multiple keys (addresses) and they have labels then please show the label of the receiving address in the transaction history instead of the sending address. The sending addresses are pretty much meaningless (to me at least and I guess to most other people too), I would rather like to see which of my own addresses has just received a payment. Currently there is no way to determine that information easily, even if I select the transaction details from the menu it won't show me the label, it will only show me the address (which I can't remember, that's why I have given them names in the first place).

Schildbach wallet suffers from the same problem (it has address labels but doesn't actually use them for anything and its author doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it), that's why I moved 5 Keys from Schildbach to Mycelium today, hoping it would work as expected but now I'm a little bit disappointed to see the exact same problem here :-(

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 2111

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:29:06 PM

There is still the private key export function in the menu of the keys view. Thus exported keys are not encrypted. There is also the reverse function, key import, activated by the new key icon.

if you like to view the private key directly (without the 2-factor pdf) one of the best ways to secure the key is to take a photo with a old-fashioned (digital) camera and print it.

if you like analog, you need to develop it yourself though Wink

I wonder if you could get light sensitive paper and lay the phone upside-down on top of it for a few minutes Smiley

I have printed the backup directly from the phone before.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
prof7bit

Activity: 938

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 10:47:50 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 12:53:58 AM by prof7bit

Bug report:

When attempting to send from this address: https://blockchain.info/address/1K3bMZ7SvkzoGZTYD5EpYPKbN8PPQKqidG

which currently contains 2.48345024 BTC
and hitting the "max" button to send everything
it will only allow me to send 1.91515024 BTC

Any attempt to enter any larger amount will be denied with "insufficient funds to pay fee".

This address contains only a dozen outputs and a fee of 0.5683 BTC (over 400 Euro!) seems a bit high to me.

Edit: is it maybe the unusual pay-to-pubkey format of some of the unspent outputs? These were generated by Schildbach when It moved coins internally between 2 addresses (this is a key that was formerly used in my Schildbach wallet and was imported into Mycelium). If this is the case then you need to fix it so that it can use these types of outputs as transaction inputs. You will need a different type of signature script for these inputs, only the signature and not the pubkey because the pubkey will come from the output script, see wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script#Standard_Generation_Transaction_.28pay-to-pubkey.29

Edit2: This will most likely happen more often when people start importing keys from Schildbach. These pay-to-pubkey transactions are generated by Schildbach when it does its emergency transactions, when funds are sent to an old address that was flagged as insecure (due to the Android bug) it will immediately sweep the funds into a new secure address and it will use pay-to-pubkey for it. All these pay-to-pubkey transactions you can see arriving in my above address result from this.

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:37:51 AM

Bug report:

When attempting to send from this address: https://blockchain.info/address/1K3bMZ7SvkzoGZTYD5EpYPKbN8PPQKqidG

Any attempt to enter any larger amount will be denied with "insufficient funds to pay fee".

This address contains only a dozen outputs and a fee of 0.5683 BTC (over 400 Euro!) seems a bit high to me.

Edit: is it maybe the unusual pay-to-pubkey format of some of the unspent outputs? These were generated by Schildbach when It moved coins internally between 2 addresses (this is a key that was formerly used in my Schildbach wallet and was imported into Mycelium). If this is the case then you need to fix it so that it can use these types of outputs as transaction inputs. You will need a different type of signature script for these inputs, only the signature and not the pubkey because the pubkey will come from the output script, see wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script#Standard_Generation_Transaction_.28pay-to-pubkey.29

Edit2: This will most likely happen more often when people start importing keys from Schildbach. These pay-to-pubkey transactions are generated by Schildbach when it does its emergency transactions, when funds are sent to an old address that was flagged as insecure (due to the Android bug) it will immediately sweep the funds into a new secure address and it will use pay-to-pubkey for it. All these pay-to-pubkey transactions you can see arriving in my above address result from this.

sounds like a bug to me. the fees should not be that high. we will try to reproduce it, but i don't expect a fix extremely soon (realistically, i'd work on that week 20.1-24.1) as a workaround, i'd recommend importing the key  to bitcoin-qt and consolidating the funds there.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:09:14 PM

Can you ask how blockchain.info does it?
piuk very seldomly responds.
My guess is that they go for a happy-go-lucky approach. If you search for stuck transactions and blockchain.info you get quite a few hits.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:17:36 PM

Bug report:

sounds like a bug to me. the fees should not be that high. we will try to reproduce it, but i don't expect a fix extremely soon (realistically, i'd work on that week 20.1-24.1) as a workaround, i'd recommend importing the key  to bitcoin-qt and consolidating the funds there.

Mycelium does not support using pubkey outputs. It was never a priority as next to nobody is using it these days. So what you see in the UI is the maximum you can send from the address while paying a normal sizes fee. The rest will be left untouched. This does not mean that the rest will be the fee, but I agree that it is a bit unclear.
If you click OK (without Send) you will see the fee that it calculates.

All this said, we probably should support pubkey outputs. In 2 1/5 years of BitcoinSpinner / Mycelium pubkey outputs have never been requested.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:38:29 PM

Nice fast paced cold storage spending demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-29RFU6xA
 Grin

zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:01:27 AM

Hi, newbie mycelium question: I have two identical, ultra cheap chinese phones running 4.X. Factory reset, no sim and wifi turned off. Only added app is mycelium. I want to use them as (identical) dedicated offline cold storage devices and send one to my brother as backup. I'm just running tests at the moment.

When I start mycelium up, I have the option to backup and export/share my private key as an encrypted PDF. But if I don't want to go online, how can I get that PDF from the phone to a printer? I would prefer to save the PDF directly to the SD card (after writing down the password) and then take the SD card to my laptop and print the PDF. And then import the key into the second phone. Is that possible? I only see online options for sharing. I don't really want to expose the private key and take a photo.

Sorry if I've missed this in another discussion. Note that I'm also in china right now with no vpn so I can't watch the instruction videos on youtube.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:37:35 AM

Hi, newbie mycelium question: I have two identical, ultra cheap chinese phones running 4.X. Factory reset, no sim and wifi turned off. Only added app is mycelium. I want to use them as (identical) dedicated offline cold storage devices and send one to my brother as backup. I'm just running tests at the moment.

When I start mycelium up, I have the option to backup and export/share my private key as an encrypted PDF. But if I don't want to go online, how can I get that PDF from the phone to a printer? I would prefer to save the PDF directly to the SD card (after writing down the password) and then take the SD card to my laptop and print the PDF. And then import the key into the second phone. Is that possible? I only see online options for sharing. I don't really want to expose the private key and take a photo.

Sorry if I've missed this in another discussion. Note that I'm also in china right now with no vpn so I can't watch the instruction videos on youtube.

we will be adding features to support this. meanwhile, you can

• either install a "share to sd card" app
  • or take a photo of the private key using a plain old digicam.
  • or create a private key using any other means offline and scan it.
zeetubes

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:32:31 AM

Thanks. Send to SD card works great.
(A)social

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

Thanks. Send to SD card works great.

If those ultra cheap phones does have it, you could share the PDF via bluetooth to another device (the other phone, for example) without going online or installing any app.

BTC: 1ASociaLbBZzBUR8hSw8CryajncADsR1m6 - Bitmessage: BM-orfFdAgAmtnBokTivq3vj1RtSVtXbrftM
OpenBazaar Store: https://openbazaar.com/store/QmeCThm8d5zcat7BjGw4SQeovaC5diF9s4b2yTSHWdpzmb
zeetubes

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:52:54 PM

Good suggestion. And they do have BT. I just walked into a China mobile store and the phones were on special for $27. Dual SIM, 4" screen, and as it turns out BT too. I've never used a Bluetooth point to point connection before but I'll try it tomorrow. To be honest I think Bluetooth may be the shittiest protocol ever developed so I generally avoid it, but for this purpose it should be fine.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:03:30 PM

Nice fast paced cold storage spending demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-29RFU6xA
 Grin

If I don't spend all the money, will change go back to the paper wallet?? Just want to double-check.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:08:59 PM

Grin

If I don't spend all the money, will change go back to the paper wallet?? Just want to double-check.
Yes.

xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:40:44 PM

Where did my payment go?

https://blockchain.info/tx/69de282725eeabb539ac502e63fb69b0c8b02fcd0c653fce24145f3ab45a4e1e

it was in my phone for the first 3 confirmations....  now its not showing up.....

if i check my address on blockchain the funds are there.... but the app says no....

after more checking the last 2 payments are missing.....    wtf
vitalemontea

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:05:58 PM

Where did my payment go?

https://blockchain.info/tx/69de282725eeabb539ac502e63fb69b0c8b02fcd0c653fce24145f3ab45a4e1e

it was in my phone for the first 3 confirmations....  now its not showing up.....

if i check my address on blockchain the funds are there.... but the app says no....

after more checking the last 2 payments are missing.....    wtf

I was having same problem. I just exported key and imported it to blockchain.info and sent from there.

Edit: No, my problem was different. I had sent payment, it showed but didn't actually send it.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:44:33 PM

one of the server nodes got stuck at block 280136 due to a corrupt bitcoind database (36 blocks behind), catching up now, so when you read this everything should be synchronized

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:01:44 AM

one of the server nodes got stuck at block 280136 due to a corrupt bitcoind database (36 blocks behind), catching up now, so when you read this everything should be synchronized

Is something stuck again? Got a tx in Mycelium with 0 confirmations after an hour. Blockchain.info shows 3 confirmations.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:28:29 AM

Is something stuck again? Got a tx in Mycelium with 0 confirmations after an hour. Blockchain.info shows 3 confirmations.
Yes. The same node experienced bitcoind database corruption. It has been taken offline for investigation. Wallets automatically switch over to another server.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:16:23 PM

We are expanding!

We are determined to deliver the best mobile wallets in the Bitcoin space. To do this we need more hands on deck.

We are currently have four positions open:
  • DevOps Engineer for Bitcoin Technologies
  • Mobile Developer for Bitcoin Technologies
  • Community Manager for Bitcoin Technologies
  • Embedded Systems Developer

Details: http://megiontechnologies.com/career.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: