Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:55:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586109 times)
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:34:26 PM

The new Local Trader feature is very impressive, at least on paper. Haven't tested it yet but that sounds reeeaally good.

Please try it out. If you install the testnet version you can do trades with a bot called Virtual Trader and get free testnet coins:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.testnetwallet

We really hope that his makes it easier for new users to get some coins in their local community. However, we cannot do this on our own. We need experienced bitcoiners selling coins all over the world, also in Finland  Wink

We also hope that this (optional) payable feature helps us pay our bills while letting you make a small profit selling coins.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

Just created an ad in The Netherlands. Let's see how it goes Wink
Also, your fee is more then acceptable. LocalBitcoins charges 1%

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

Please try it out. If you install the testnet version you can do trades with a bot called Virtual Trader and get free testnet coins:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.testnetwallet

We really hope that his makes it easier for new users to get some coins in their local community. However, we cannot do this on our own. We need experienced bitcoiners selling coins all over the world, also in Finland  Wink

We also hope that this (optional) payable feature helps us pay our bills while letting you make a small profit selling coins.

I will try it out for sure. The fee is very reasonable by the way.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:05:47 PM

I have been looking forward to this feature. It is works and if it is adopted and if it is adopted widely then it will be great step forward.

Yet... the youtube video is little bit crazy  Smiley
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:22:46 PM

I have been looking forward to this feature. It is works and if it is adopted and if it is adopted widely then it will be great step forward.

Yet... the youtube video is little bit crazy  Smiley
Little bit? It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Technomage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:25:44 PM

Video was funny. The feature however is the most exciting thing in actual practical Bitcoin use that I have seen in a long time. Very excited.

Looking forward to Bitcoin 2014 conference even more. This feature will be a killer there.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:29:01 PM

The latest major Mycelium feature, called Local Trader, is finally out of beta and available to everyone.

Great! (although I had to dump almost all other apps from my lowly GT-5500 because the new feature and the google thingies it requires ate too much memory)
Found one minor bug while plyaing with it: When entering a location using the input field, there's no OK button. The cr key on the virtual keyboard just adds a line break. So I can type a place name, but not finish entering it...

Onkel Paul

P.S.: loving the video!

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:44:46 PM

The latest major Mycelium feature, called Local Trader, is finally out of beta and available to everyone.

Great! (although I had to dump almost all other apps from my lowly GT-5500 because the new feature and the google thingies it requires ate too much memory)
Found one minor bug while plyaing with it: When entering a location using the input field, there's no OK button. The cr key on the virtual keyboard just adds a line break. So I can type a place name, but not finish entering it...

Onkel Paul

P.S.: loving the video!
As you type a list of available choices should appear between the text box and the keyboard. You finish the dialog by selecting one or clicking the back button.
Like this: http://imgur.com/oIB4a9T

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:46:07 PM

Video was funny. The feature however is the most exciting thing in actual practical Bitcoin use that I have seen in a long time. Very excited.

Looking forward to Bitcoin 2014 conference even more. This feature will be a killer there.
I'll make sure to bump into you. It has been a year since I met you the last time at the San Jose conference.

Technomage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:57:06 PM

I'll make sure to bump into you. It has been a year since I met you the last time at the San Jose conference.

Yes, it will be nice to meet again. I've been too busy to go to all these conferences that seem to pop up everywhere but Bitcoin 2014 is something I can't miss.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:57:27 PM

Just used the new feature. Within 30minutea of posting my listing I was contacted by a bitcoin meet up group. I had no idea about thus in Amsterdam on the NEXT street from my apartment!!! Within an hour of making my listing I had met and traded and drank some beer and even bought the beer with bitcoin!

What an amazing experience
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 09:04:11 PM

Just used the new feature. Within 30minutea of posting my listing I was contacted by a bitcoin meet up group. I had no idea about thus in Amsterdam on the NEXT street from my apartment!!! Within an hour of making my listing I had met and traded and drank some beer and even bought the beer with bitcoin!

Great to hear man!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:11:40 PM

Great to hear man!
This is really an amazing story, thanks for sharing.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:12:48 PM

This was my first bitcoin bought beer. The option has been available but I have just never chosen to go to a restaurant to buy a beer with btc.

This random event made my first btc beer that little bit more special in an unknown btc location and it was all because of randomly looking at this thread tonight ( I did already own the wallet) and meeting some cool people right next to my apartment. Small world in a busy(small) city.

Thank you Mycelium!
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:39:16 PM

Is there a way to change the wallet address so you dont have a bunch of transactions from the same address?
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:42:59 AM

I want to use mycelium on two devices.  
How can I sync them?

create a backup on one phone, enable expert mode on the other phone and restore the backup.

(the key that was already generated there before is most likely not needed any more so you can delete it or move to archive)
Not having much luck syncing mycelium on the extra tablet.
Can't scan the qr code from the pdf (this tablet has no back camera), and I can't copy and paste the text key.  I had the pdf up on the tablet's screen and tried to copy the key by long press, but it wouldn't highlight, so I went and opened up the pdf on my laptop, copied the key and sent the key to myself in an email.  That worked.  In email, I was able to highlight and copy the plain text key.  So it's on the clipboard, but when I go to mycelium keys > add key, the clipboard button is still greyed out.  The mycelium app doesn't see the clipboard.  I was using gmail on a Nexus 7, if that helps any.  And the text definitely made it onto the clipboard, because I was able to paste it in other places, just not the mycelium app.
Do you have any suggestions?
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:08:21 AM

Is there a way to change the wallet address so you dont have a bunch of transactions from the same address?
If you swipe to the Keys tab you can create additional keys/addresses. Once we get to HD wallets this will be automated for you.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:24:34 AM

How can I sync them?

create a backup on one phone, enable expert mode on the other phone and restore the backup.

(the key that was already generated there before is most likely not needed any more so you can delete it or move to archive)
Can't scan the qr code from the pdf (this tablet has no back camera), and I can't copy and paste the text key.  I had the pdf up on the tablet's screen and tried to copy the key by long press, but it wouldn't highlight, so I went and opened up the pdf on my laptop, copied the key and sent the key to myself in an email.  That worked.  In email, I was able to highlight and copy the plain text key.  So it's on the clipboard, but when I go to mycelium keys > add key, the clipboard button is still greyed out.  The mycelium app doesn't see the clipboard.  I was using gmail on a Nexus 7, if that helps any.  And the text definitely made it onto the clipboard, because I was able to paste it in other places, just not the mycelium app.
When adding a key the clipboard function only allows for importing Bitcoin addresses and plain text private keys, not encrypted private keys as the one you have on the PDF. I see that this is a bit stupid as handling plaintext private keys is not really safe. This is party due to historical reasons (encrypted private keys came along later).
I gotta fix this.

Can you use the front camera to scan QR codes?

Alternatively you can export your private key in plain text from one app and import it on the other from the clipboard. To do that go to the Keys tab, select the key and choose Export and then 'copt to clipboard'. Note: You have to be very careful when doing this, as it exposes your private key to the clipboard (read 'all other apps on both your devices') and anything that can listen on the transport from one device to the other.

If your tablet cannot scan QR codes at all you might not want to use it for spending coins, but merely monitoring your funds. In that case you can import just the bitcoin addresses (over clipboard, and it is safe to do so). This way you get a read-only version for monitoring and receiving funds.

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:40:56 AM

How can I sync them?

there is also a known bug when you put something from Gmail to clipboard (but only on certain devices, Samsung S4 and apparently also Nexus 7) on my nexus 5 it works fine.
 there is most likely a workaround for this. but i haven't debugged it yet.
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:15:25 PM

As you type a list of available choices should appear between the text box and the keyboard. You finish the dialog by selecting one or clicking the back button.
Like this: http://imgur.com/oIB4a9T

Yup I've seen it when I tried again, but at first this list did not appear - and now it is missing again, could it be a problem with the server?
The app does not give any indication that it's doing something, waiting for the server, musing about an error that happened, or anything else...

Onkel Paul

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: