Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MANNA] Manna:Universal Basic Income + Blockchain  (Read 1582 times)
Manna Currency (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:13:25 PM

MANNA: Universal Basic Income + Blockchain

Manna is distributed by the People’s Currency Foundation as a basic human right that every person in the world is eligible to receive, for free. Founded in 2015 and originally known as Grantcoin, Manna has achieved milestones in the cryptocurrency movement, as the first blockchain-based currency to be created and distributed by a tax-exempt nonprofit organization, and the first digital currency to implement a Universal Basic Income as its primary method of distribution.

Mannabase is the place to sign up for and receive Manna UBI, and a simple web-based platform to transact the currency with other users. Mannabase will also be developing a system for targeted direct giving, enabling users to donate Manna currency to specific groups of people based on criteria such as geography, age, sex, and economic condition. Mannabase users will also be able to give Manna to charities through the platform.

The vision of Mannabase is to empower the people of the world by making cryptocurrency accessible and available to everyone, and to provide a tool for effective altruism to reduce poverty and inequality.

Learn more and sign up at mannabase.com.

Social Media:

mail@mannabase.com

Exchanges:

SouthXchange: MANNA/BTC

SouthXchange: MANNA/USD

Blockchain Explorer:

Crypto ID

**** This forum has moved in coordination with our rebranding. You can view the original forum here:
Original Forum
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jakob_

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:05:09 AM

I always wanted to see distributed wealth in action so how that distribution works in this case?
Do you distribute some percentage of my coins when I buy them to all users or?
Manna Currency (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:37:03 PM

I always wanted to see distributed wealth in action so how that distribution works in this case?
Do you distribute some percentage of my coins when I buy them to all users or?

The UBI is distributed based on a ~3.5% annual inflation rate of the circulating supply. The 3.5% is evenly distributed amongst all users who have verified their "proof of humanity."
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:38:41 PM

What is the expected profitability level here?
jakob_

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:39:17 PM

The UBI is distributed based on a ~3.5% annual inflation rate of the circulating supply. The 3.5% is evenly distributed amongst all users who have verified their "proof of humanity."

Ok nice, so you distribute it until reaching total supply?

And question regarding KYC. How you defend against scammers?
Lets say I have multiple phone numbers and emails and I register multiple times with some other identities. How you check that?
Manna Currency (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:47:43 AM

Lets say I have multiple phone numbers and emails and I register multiple times with some other identities. How you check that?
     We work with a proprietary set of algorithms as well to ensure users are unique and this has proven effective with users who have multiple phones and e-mails. From our audits thus far, our method has proven a low rate of fraud. That being said, we recognize the importance of KYC with this project and are in the constant process of improving our verification process. We are looking into possible partnerships with Jumio, Uport, Civic and other identity projects as well as non-governmental biometric identification protocols for later iterations.
phabulu

Activity: 238
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:49:24 AM

reserved, for I dont know haha
jakob_

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:34:01 AM

We work with a proprietary set of algorithms as well to ensure users are unique and this has proven effective with users who have multiple phones and e-mails. From our audits thus far, our method has proven a low rate of fraud. That being said, we recognize the importance of KYC with this project and are in the constant process of improving our verification process. We are looking into possible partnerships with Jumio, Uport, Civic and other identity projects as well as non-governmental biometric identification protocols for later iterations.
Cool. I think KYC is biggest concern with coin like this but I am glad you work seriously on it.
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:10:11 AM

Seems like a great idea.  Signed up and I'll try and get others to join.
ThachSanhTp

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:31:17 AM

Manna coin has been on Coinmarketcap since 2015. After 3 years, Volume (24h) is just only $79 USD
LOL
Skimanner

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:52:54 PM

The countdown got to 0 and then no coins and it says next disbursement March 8th...... and nothing posted anywhere on the site or anything saying where the March 1st disbursement is
real_para

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:03:44 PM

The countdown got to 0 and then no coins and it says next disbursement March 8th...... and nothing posted anywhere on the site or anything saying where the March 1st disbursement is

I was also surprised, but around 2 hours later I got my MANNA share into my mannabase.com account
Manna Currency (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:10:38 PM

Manna coin has been on Coinmarketcap since 2015. After 3 years, Volume (24h) is just only $79 USD
LOL

That was a single day. The average volume is higher. We are also currently still on a smaller exchange with a small total volume and user base. That being said, we are in the process of getting listed on some larger exchanges which will help increase volume and liquidity. If you support the project and idea, I would encourage you to provide some liquidity:)
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

Observing the project, it transmits transparency, quality and security for investments, has a social vision that aims to reach everyone towards a goal that is to reduce poverty in world. Another factor to consider, though an important aspect to me, the total supply number is very high 10 Billion not is even attractive.
Manna Currency (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:10:54 PM

Observing the project, it transmits transparency, quality and security for investments, has a social vision that aims to reach everyone towards a goal that is to reduce poverty in world. Another factor to consider, though an important aspect to me, the total supply number is very high 10 Billion not is even attractive.
This is a very fair point. We are actually planning on drastically reducing the supply. The only reason we haven't done so yet, is that we want to do so in a way that the destruction of those coins is provable on the blockchain. In our whitepaper we outline the amount of Manna that will be preserved, (about 25% or 2.5 billion) and that the remainder will be destroyed (about 7.5 billion) You can review our whitepaper at www.mannabase.com on the homepage.
Skimanner

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:14:32 AM

Could you explain how the distribution system works?  It seems odd to me that the premise is Universal equality.  but people that I got to sign up got different pays (and no none of them had referrals) and I have no clue what the amount I got was based off of but it certainly was not based off of my referrals + 1 * (the number of coins my wife received).  Maybe it was the amount all my referrals received + what random # of coins I received as a base.  I don't know how many everyone got so I don't know.  But I'm hoping you can tell us why everything seems random.

p.s. it was hard enough to try to convince people that this is not a scam because no one believes in the word free with no strings attached.  I was hoping the people I hounded and got to signup would spread the word and affirm what I was saying after receiving their coins today but instead it worked the opposite way.  Conspiracy theories about different numbers and major grumbles about the misleading 500coins = $8.50 every day upto March 1st and then receiving less than 50.  I mean pshhh I don't mind spreading the word on stuff but I certainly don't like people asking me all this crap like I did it.  Well hopefully you have answers cause I'm tired of people asking.
real_para

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:20:26 AM

I noticed today in the morning that the CURRENCY CONVERTER in my profile is set to 1 MANNA instead of 500 so there will be no confusion any more about this issue. (and we have now 4 decimals instead of only 2, which is better)
realabs

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:14:58 PM

Hello, very interesting project.  Wink Are you going to have a Bounty program?
Manna Currency (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:59:35 PM

Hello, very interesting project.  Wink Are you going to have a Bounty program?
We are currently considering it. Are there any particular areas of work you would personally be interested in receiving a bounty for?
Manna Currency (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:17:54 PM

Could you explain how the distribution system works?  It seems odd to me that the premise is Universal equality.  but people that I got to sign up got different pays (and no none of them had referrals) and I have no clue what the amount I got was based off of but it certainly was not based off of my referrals + 1 * (the number of coins my wife received).  Maybe it was the amount all my referrals received + what random # of coins I received as a base.  I don't know how many everyone got so I don't know.  But I'm hoping you can tell us why everything seems random.

p.s. it was hard enough to try to convince people that this is not a scam because no one believes in the word free with no strings attached.  I was hoping the people I hounded and got to signup would spread the word and affirm what I was saying after receiving their coins today but instead it worked the opposite way.  Conspiracy theories about different numbers and major grumbles about the misleading 500coins = $8.50 every day upto March 1st and then receiving less than 50.  I mean pshhh I don't mind spreading the word on stuff but I certainly don't like people asking me all this crap like I did it.  Well hopefully you have answers cause I'm tired of people asking.

Hi, I am happy to answer your questions and help clarify your concerns. First, regarding the 500 coin component. We initially had our currency converter tool with 500 as the baseline example amount. This was clearly labeled as a currency converter and the number would change once you typed into the box. That being said, it did cause confusion so we have since fixed that by simply making the baseline number in the box to be 1. We had no intention of misleading or confusing people and quickly addressed the issue once we saw there was some confusion. As for different pay amounts, everyone should have received the exact same amount of base UBI. Any additional amount would have been due to referrals. We have seen no evidence in the blockchain of this not being the case but I would be happy to explore your circumstance to determine why the numbers seem off and if in fact they are.  Can you dm me a screenshot of your dashboard? We distribute 3.5% of new coins into circulation annually through the UBI. This is broken down into 52 smaller distributions, i.e. once a week. The concept of the "free money" component is based on the fundamental idea that most currencies, and even commodities like gold, experience a moderate annual inflation.The only difference is that everyone who participates in the manna economy, by becoming a UBI recipient, receives an equal share of that new money created. We are working diligently on streamlining the process. This includes a FAQ/ videos regarding many of the commonly asked questions like the ones you have asked, improving the sign-up experience to prevent any possibility of confusion, and educating the community as effectively as possible about how the project works and what to expect. In the end, like anything in this world, the success or failure of Manna will depend on the community of people who choose to support it. Anyways, we really appreciate you spreading the word and I apologize for any flack you ended up receiving due to confusion or misinformation. Hope this helps quell some of your concerns, and I hope I can help get to the bottom of your issues regarding the amount of coins you received.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: