Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manifest Destiny (Bitcoin's version)  (Read 123 times)
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:04:15 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 07:22:16 PM by Biodom
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

TL;DR Bitcoin is destined via it's special virtues to redeem and remake the financial (at least) foundation of the world. It is bitcoin's irresistible destiny to accomplish this essential duty.

I compare bitcoin's progress with the historical manifest destiny of american pioneers, suggesting that bitcoin's triumph is historically inevitable, despite usual ups and downs. How much time it takes is unclear, but it will succeed.

This informs the direction of speculation in bitcoin, suggesting that long term accumulation is the only play available (for patient hands) and further suggesting that instead of thinking how much in fiat currencies you can sell it for, think about what % of bitcoin you own and try to increase it.

Background:

In the 19th century, manifest destiny was a widely held belief in the United States that its settlers were destined to expand across North America. There are three basic themes to manifest destiny:

The special virtues of the American people and their institutions
    The mission of the United States to redeem and remake the west in the image of agrarian America
    An irresistible destiny to accomplish this essential duty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:47:07 PM

So what you're saying is that as long as there is a will for bitcoin to succeed then it will? Is that not true to everything in life, if there is enough belief and effort behind something then it can achieve whatever it sets out to achieve.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:54:19 PM

This confirms quantum entanglement. I was just writing up something in the WO thread that echos your thoughts.

"I got into Bitcoin because I was a computer geek who loved the concepts of open-source software, peer-to-peer networking and cryptography."

"I had sufficient confidence in the importance of this new technology to not only hold on to all of my coins when the price dropped to $50, but to keep buying more."

"It was never about trying to get rich. It was about doing something good."

"All we can do is play the cards we're dealt as best we can."

I really have a man crush on your ideology Jimmie. Refreshing to know I am not alone.

Something else to ponder...This Wall we observe...this is a historical document..one wonders what will be thought about it in the future. Some of the replies and responses left here will potentially guide future generations.

Think about these things as you glibly type down what ever stray thought comes to mind. We are the forerunners of a paradigm shift in not only the world of financial markets but in the basic fundamental structure of society.

tl;dr  Raise the bar.
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 09:00:18 PM by Biodom

This confirms quantum entanglement. I was just writing up something in the WO thread that echos your thoughts.

"I got into Bitcoin because I was a computer geek who loved the concepts of open-source software, peer-to-peer networking and cryptography."

"I had sufficient confidence in the importance of this new technology to not only hold on to all of my coins when the price dropped to $50, but to keep buying more."

"It was never about trying to get rich. It was about doing something good."

"All we can do is play the cards we're dealt as best we can."

I really have a man crush on your ideology Jimmie. Refreshing to know I am not alone.

Something else to ponder...This Wall we observe...this is a historical document..one wonders what will be thought about it in the future. Some of the replies and responses left here will potentially guide future generations.

Think about these things as you glibly type down what ever stray thought comes to mind. We are the forerunners of a paradigm shift in not only the world of financial markets but in the basic fundamental structure of society.

tl;dr  Raise the bar.

yes, I noticed  Smiley.

Entanglement always fascinated me.
Plus, there is also some interesting theory about future affecting the past.
https://phys.org/news/2017-07-physicists-retrocausal-quantum-theory-future.html

Instead, retrocausality means that, when an experimenter chooses the measurement setting with which to measure a particle, that decision can influence the properties of that particle (or another particle) in the past, even before the experimenter made their choice. In other words, a decision made in the present can influence something in the past.

There are some interesting events in history that defy much explanation, like Pericles era in ancient Greece, where dozens of now famous philosophers, authors and figures lived during a short (30 year long) span.

Why did it happen as it did? Was there something special or it is the simple survival of that philosophy, science, way of thinking that allowed for such profound impact today?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: