Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3733 times)
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:12:10 PM

I read this news some where few days ago that Facebook was forced by the FBI to ban cryptos from their platform. Otherwise it would be foolish of FB to ban something that is upcoming and happening in the current generation.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digitran

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:28:52 PM

I think they are not against bitcoin. They are doing that to avoid ICO scams. Because there are too many ICOs here in crypto world that are scam. They are not against crypto currencies ads whoever spread that news are just making a FUD to push down the price of Bitcoin
raahi

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:30:42 PM

Facebook has been previously involved in political scandals for the rigged elections in the united states and the involvement of Russia in such situations any more controversies of any level would be detrimental to Facebook's reputation, therefore, it is necessary that Facebook does not promote any content related to bitcoin which has a chance of being fraudulent in nature.
sunday88

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 10:38:35 PM

Does Facebook prohibit bounty? It seems to me that there is no prohibition. I do not see the point in banning advertising crypto. Especially in those countries where crypto is legalized.

Fudijecu

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:42:28 PM

Facebook will only prevent and restrict the fraudulent ICO, so Facebook members are not stuck in the investment. It is so helpful and excellent that we will be comfortable in investing in Cryptocurrency.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:16:20 PM

If I think Facebook will ban a variety of ico is the spread of ads that are just fraud so that with the problem it is able to make other users become restless or not even want to access Facebook when such incidents are repeatedly repeated.

MasterMoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:41:18 PM

I've read an article and this happens because bitcoin and other altcoin do a lot of promotion in social media. that's why bitcoin should not be promoted in cyberspace.

I don't think the whole issue of facebook and bitcoin is all about bitcoin itself but just that icos where being fraudulent and taking opportunity of investors. So, bitcoin being at the top was being seen as the number one and was being referred to. Otherwise, bitcoin had know issue with facebook.

Yes this one is really right Facebook is not totally against Bitcoin. Facebook is only against on those scams out there that are using cryptocurrency just to get a lot of money to other peoples. Well it so sad because it gives bad images on cryptocurreny and those people that has been scammed says that cryptocurreny was a scam too even if it's not.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:40:39 AM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?

I heard that Mark Zuckerberg was going to create his own cryptocurrency. Maybe he wants Facebook will advertise only the currency of Zuckerberg. We'll see. In any case such prohibitions are counterproductive.
Ovgri

Merit: 10

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:45:06 AM

It is rumored that such a decision was made under the pressure of the FBR, for the same reason Google may prohibit advertising of crypto currency and ICO.

Muruga

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:55:29 AM

Despite the fact that Facebook banned paid advertising for ICO projects, the rules for publishing materials were toughened.
Now the maximum of publications per day is 25. You can not immediately repost several posts of one account, for this give a daily ban.
Many projects had to change the rules of bounty campaigns.
Valermos

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

I think guys in Facebook don't want to be in trouble providing advertisement place for ICOs and they think it is easier to be against ICO than to investigate each project.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Ovgri

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:15:23 AM

Despite the fact that Facebook banned paid advertising for ICO projects, the rules for publishing materials were toughened.
Now the maximum of publications per day is 25. You can not immediately repost several posts of one account, for this give a daily ban.

In addition, many projects completely excluded the Facebook of social bounty. This makes me very sad.

8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:38:40 AM

In addition, many projects completely excluded the Facebook of social bounty. This makes me very sad.

Yup, seeing less and less bounty campaigns having Facebook as a bounty option.
The thing is I still get plenty of crypto PAID advertising coming up on my Facebook. Makes me wonder how closely it is monitored.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:44:27 AM

Why make such sweeping, misleading statements without confirming or understanding the facts.
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:22 AM

I've read an article and this happens because bitcoin and other altcoin do a lot of promotion in social media. that's why bitcoin should not be promoted in cyberspace.

I don't think the whole issue of facebook and bitcoin is all about bitcoin itself but just that icos where being fraudulent and taking opportunity of investors. So, bitcoin being at the top was being seen as the number one and was being referred to. Otherwise, bitcoin had know issue with facebook.

Yes all about scam ico which want to collect as much as money from investor.
Bitcoin does not have the relation with this forbidden because in the future i guess facebook will have its own cryptocurrency which is legit.

Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:55:34 AM

I think more likely reason is facing the impact of national policies, because most of the current national policy for ICO is not friendly, so I can't join  facebook bounty thread, it makes me feel sad.

lesinset

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:02:34 AM

Well, even to the very start this news have spread, facebook have been emphasizing that they are only doing it to help stop fraud and scamming that has been happening because of bitcoin through facebook. I'd say they are not against bitcoin, but against fraud.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:14:42 AM

Facebook eta l are all private company with one singular motive of which is consistent profit for their stakeholders! It is hightime crypto community start to develop it's own social market place beyond facebook! If we could pull of bitcoin, we can do anything!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
espellogo7

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:31:26 AM

Facebook is banning all advertisement for cryptocurrency, including bitcoin and initial coin offerings as part of an intentionally board policy against deceptive marketers.. there are many companies who advertising binary options ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith..This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up” across Facebook, Instagram, and its off-platform Audience Network, writes Leathern. “We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve.”
Estehmanis

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:40:43 AM

where did you get the news? whether the news can be held accountable right? is the source reliable? is not that the mark yesterday wanted to make altcoin facebook? why even now fight bitcoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: