Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3734 times)
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:17:35 PM

Facebook is trying to save users from getting scammed by fraudulent ICOs? That's bull.  These moves will never be good enough to stop scammers because scammers, con artists will always find a more easy way to trick people into their traps. Facebook can't even save their users own data on their database! They are just against the idea of decentralization platforms and blockchain technology, their move has certainly effected Google and Medium decisions to crack down on ICOs advertising. But will it be enough to beat cryptocurrency from its rising? Too late for that, they will be here as long there's internet.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giftoflove58

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:22:22 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?

There are a limit that they prohibit but not totally banned advertising in Facebook, Thus, they came up for that policy because Facebook wants to protect people against fraud and scammer, Many people in Facebook using it to scam and trick to get money from user of facebook.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:19:10 AM

I do not think that they are "against".
These companies, Google, Facebook etc. are close to governments and as politics to crypto are really different on different countries, they just do not want to make any conflicts with governments.
I do not know is it true or not, but i see this situation this way Smiley
LeyAngelDevs

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:26:50 AM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
nope, facebook is not against the bitcoin. It is not against in cryptocurrency but the ICO scams
pro2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:34:53 AM

I don't think you're against it, he's busy doing what the whales want by doing negative news.
Arysum

Activity: 36
Merit: 50

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 08:39:51 AM

Most of the Facebook crypto related advertising has been highly questionable. Mostly advertising a promise of "profits". This isn't morally clean and a ban is welcomed.

The Arysum Exchange - A Pool Of Liquidity
AdamSv

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:40:39 AM

Any networks will be against ICO and cryptocurrencies. Because it's all ads they're not paid for. Usually users advertise ICO and get money for it, and companies do not like it. I predict that in the future they will promote the ICO themselves.
ptolimeus

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:53:34 PM

I think that this is all part of the big game of very influential people. I do not think that the ban on advertising crypto currencies and ICO almost simultaneously on Google, YouTube and Facebook is a simple coincidence. This involves a lot of money close to the government groups.
sherwinaze

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:02:33 PM

facebook os not against in bitcoin . they try to ban advertisement of bitcoin or crypto currencies because there's so many fake news that advertising in facebook about crypto currencies and for scam  advertising.
DemLom

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:49:02 PM

Not sure about the reliability of the information, but it seems to me that eventually the company no longer has the opportunity to advertise ciphers on facebook
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:56:41 PM

Yes, I saw the news about that and after that Twitter and Google also announced banning crypto related ads and I think the market is down because of the same reason but I think its a short term thing and I am sure it will recover soon.
netadacadug

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:35:11 AM

I think facebook is not against  bitcoin cos coz many advertisement related in bitcoin that found in facebook, and i think facebook known if the project you promote is scam and it will be automatic delete, like here in forum if you comment not related the topic it will delete by moderator, airdrop is also related in bitcoin and there is airdrop that you need to post in your fb acc. and if this is spam, facebook will delete your airdrop and you recieve notifacation from facebook moderator
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:40:48 AM

It's sad to see if that's enough, the size of Facebook's help with Bitcoin. that would not happen. thanks ..
Coolfackoff

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:56:57 AM

Unfortunately you can’t stop the main source of public FUD, which is the news outlets, that really affect the general public’s discourse of crypto.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:06:25 AM

I think some organization or people are using or dictating those social media sites to do that. It is so sensible that they do for their own sake.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:46:00 AM

Facebook againts bitcoin?

No not really I think its just a simple misinterpretation,CryptoADs or Paid Crypto Ads is the only prohibited. but not on promoting specific link or Program using crypto?and ICO's all do that Facebook Anti Spam policy is very active now its doesnt mean that they target cryptos but its content and nature of your post! like repeatedly posted link and surpassed the limitation per day its desame policy as before but its more active now on Spam activities. Im a Facebook member since 2009 so Ill noticed the sligthly changes that Facebook induce to its Social Media platform.
Princessjilian

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:36:35 AM

Facebook against bitcoin, I think this will not going to happen because both sides gets benefits and profits from one another. Also it will going to create limitations on their services that they were providing to us.
tulpash

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:49:19 PM

I think some organization or people are using or dictating those social media sites to do that. It is so sensible that they do for their own sake.
I also think that very influential people use various levers of pressure on the crypto market, including facebook. If these people benefit from the development of this market, we will hear news about easing the ban on advertising crypto currency projects on facebook and other social networks.
Bitcoinage_official

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 04:20:18 PM

It is the Wild West for crypto right now. Makes sense that a company like Facebook would be hesitant, however it most likely does not mean this will stay their policy once the market begins to become a safer place.
conan076

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:47:34 PM

Yes, based on what I have heard Facebook will not be allowed any digital currency ads on their platform. There are a group of people uses digital currency to scam other Facebook users. Bitcoin is not a scam, but it is on how was being introduced to other users. For example in the Philippines, there are a lot of Networking or MLM Scheme uses bitcoin as their main product to gather investment from other user and ended up as being scammed.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: