Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (REWARD) Cannot get mining rig to be stable or provide a good total hashrate  (Read 254 times)
dcjim1

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

Hi,
Will give $50 worth of btc to anyone who can help me out. Assembled my 4 x 1070ti mining rig about 3 weeks ago has a 1200w corsair platinum psu, asus h270 plus mobo, 2 x 4g ddr4 ram, running windows 10

So my first problem is when i benchmark each singular gpu on its own i get good hashrates, about 460 m/hs on equihash. But when i run more then one gpu the hashrate of the others drops significantly. When i try run all 4 together i get like 720 m/hs which is trash for all 4 gpus. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers for my gpus and a clean install of windows. Does anyone have any tips for this?

My second problem is with all 4 gpus running any mining software i use crashes after a few minutes of mining and just freezes my pc. I tried getting 4g more of ram to bump up my system to 8gb (improved overall stability but still get crashes). I really am stumped here and have no idea what to do with this one, have tried searching through forums but no solution has helped. Thought it was a nicehash issue, then started using nemosminer and mining pool hub. Still crashes and shit hashrates...

So, i think this may be an issue with faulty hardware. My 2 guesses are either my powersupply or my motherboard. I am guessing one of them cant support to provide enough power across the rig with more then 1 gpu. It cant be my gpus because when i plug each in separately  and benchmark them they all give me good hashrates individually. Just not with more then 1 plugged in...

I have spent the past 3 weeks trying to solve this and its doing my head in, alot of lost revenue aswell so if any one has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

IMHO, sounds like a power issue to me. when gpu cards dont get enough power it will run slower. I see this a lot when I undervolt my cards. some cards respond better to undervolting and can clock at a higher speed, some just default to a lower speed because it doesnt get enough power. probably silicon variation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ViperGuyMike

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:37:38 PM

Thanks for all your help:

My virtual memory is already set to 50000 so thats not the issue.

I have ordered some molex powered risers to see if potentially thats the issue.

I have tried using a linux based OS but still get shit combined hashrates.

I am running the cards at stock settings so its not that

I am using a corsiar hx1200 powersupply, i have flicked it to single rail and will report the results. The other information is a bit confusing as i dont know how to manually assign things to specific rails in my psu.

I have tried some testing and it seems my rig just will not go above roughly 750 m/s if i plug 2 cards in, first one will hash at 450 and then next at 300, then if i plug all 4 in they will do some some random arrangement of hash rates to equal roughly 750. Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this?

Nic, did you ever get this sorted out? If not, let me know as I might have another trick or two you can try. Let me know if all of the cards show up in device manager, and if they all say working properly when you view the properties of each card.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: