Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:01:05 AM

Well after using the pool for over 24hrs and previously posting about how I like the pool sadly this will be the last time I use it.  After A full day of mining with 5.1-5.7 Mh depending on temps I ended up with 0.04883982 BTC.  Thats over 50% less than just mining LTC alone.  Why is the pool spending all its time mining coins that are not anywhere near the highest profitability?  Several times that I checked we were mining coins less profitably than LTC which as we all know is nowhere near the top of the list.  If market depth on coins being held in your exchange hot wallet are preventing the pool from mining coins that are truly more profitable than this pool needs to work out its strategies.  The profitability switcher needs some serious work.  The auto trade feature is nice but if I just took the actually alt coins and traded them myself right away I would have made more BTC.   I think you guys need to dump the coins asap for whatever you can get for them instead of hoping to maximize the trade value over a few days since it doesn't look like the miners here see the benefit of you trying to sell high.

1) Yesterday was our second worst day on record
2) A coin that says its most profitable on external site A, but we find would NOT be if we dumped our pool earnings, who is right? We could dump before anyone mining it gets a chance, in which case it wasn't the most profitable for them by the time they got any coins to trade
3) We had 2 coins disabled (CAP and CGB), both of which are often near the top of the charts throughout the day.  Both are re-enabled at this point.  The CGB was particularly costly, as we had a few rounds worth of it orphan out on us, meaning we lost any profits there.
4) If you are basing profitability solely on coinchoose, its not always as quick on diff changes (from my personal experience, nothing against the site). If you have your own or other sources, so be it.
5) We do take stalerate/past performance into account. Some coins, while showing as 'most profitable' ended up not being so once we got the final BTC back. Some examples, GDC, ALF, KGC, EMD, DMD...all of which we have since moved on from mining because of this.
6) Sometimes a small increase in profitability difference isn't worth switching for, so we don't. Not sure if this fits any of your examples though.
7) We do dump coins rather quickly (in my opinion), and rarely are things left over a matter of days.  I agree with you you'd likely end up ahead if you just kept the coins and traded yourself, and I think you'd find that with any auto-trade option out there. This is precisely why we give miners the flexibility to do it.

@ 5.5Mh/s you should earn 5.2LTC/day = .0878 BTC.  Still not a profitable comparison for us, but not over 50% either.  As I said, it was our 2nd worst day in 2 weeks of operation.

At any rate, I'd say in summary, try us out for a longer period than just 24hrs (a particularly rough 24hrs), but that is up to you.  I appreciate you checking it out, I know you hit up my other pools often as well.  

Thanks for the reply nearmiss.  Most of what you said I kind of figured and I understand.  I should know that 24hrs is a terrible test window.  You have always been a very stand up guy and I will probably give this another shot in a few days and give it a week or so for a full test.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:43:17 AM

Nah, this pool is great. I was dealing with the quirks of multiple coins manually. That was an headache.

That said, there's one thing miners will have to consider. When switching coins, the connection is interrupted for some seconds or no work is available. You must take into consideration what those 50+ daily start/stop cicles (and so, temperature variations) do to your videocards in the long term, specially if you're using --auto-fan. If you mine here, I suggest you undervolt, don't push them too far or take a serious look at cooling

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:41:03 AM

Nah, this pool is great. I was dealing with the quirks of multiple coins manually. That was an headache.

That said, there's one thing miners will have to consider. When switching coins, the connection is interrupted for some seconds or no work is available. You must take into consideration what those 50+ daily start/stop cicles (and so, temperature variations) do to your videocards in the long term, specially if you're using --auto-fan. If you mine here, I suggest you undervolt, don't push them too far or take a serious look at cooling

And make sure you got Failover enabled... I failover onto BTB and hit 14 BLocks yesterday for the 30 seconds it drops out.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
smtn512

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:19:13 AM

So I know we don't mine LTC due to high network difficulty and very low probability of finding a block, but would it be possible to mine it on p2pool? I have no idea how hard this would be to implement but i haven't seen this suggestion or any explanation as to why it wouldn't work posted anywhere yet.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:20:43 AM

And make sure you got Failover enabled... I failover onto BTB and hit 14 BLocks yesterday for the 30 seconds it drops out.

I'm actually using load-balance with an LTC pool.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
MoDu

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:06:08 AM

For the last week, whenever I look at the stats I see something like this.

I have about 1,3 MH/s and no other pool gives me such ridiculously high reject rate, not to mention the grossly understated hash rate for all 3 workers (3 identical ATIs 5870).
MrJay

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:01:52 AM

I have about 1,3 MH/s and no other pool gives me such ridiculously high reject rate, not to mention the grossly understated hash rate for all 3 workers (3 identical ATIs 5870).

Are you running these cards in 1 rig or 3?  What mining software are you running? What are the settings for your cards?
Aurics

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:36:04 AM

So this cycle idle / full load, temperature drop on every coin switch is very bad for cards and they would die a lot sooner ? If so then Hashco.ws is very bad trade-off.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:38:41 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 12:40:20 PM by atp1916

I an running multiple 7xxx cards and my reject rates have always been low on HC.

Must be your config.  

Um, do you have any scientific support of such a claim?  Not tryin' to flame, but first time i've ever heard that theory.

If anything, the disruption on each start/stop cycle is like giving the cards a mini-break.  

Either way, my cards are all in the low 70s C range, and every little disconnect / reconnect only drops their temps maybe 5-10C before the server kicks back up.  
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:40:38 PM

XNC is killing us... getting 90% rejects... no wonder we are at low payouts  please adjust.

to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:42:58 PM

I an running multiple 7xxx cards and my reject rates have always been low on HC.

Must be your config.  

Um, do you have any scientific support of such a claim?  Not tryin' to flame, but first time i've ever heard that theory.

If anything, the disruption on each start/stop cycle is like giving the cards a mini-break.  

Either way, my cards are all in the low 70s C range, and every little disconnect / reconnect only drops their temps maybe 5-10C before the server kicks back up.  

I don't drop my shares cause sometimes they do pass.  Nothing wrong to ensure I get paid for some of the shares.

btc:
ltc:
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:44:45 PM

XNC is killing us... getting 90% rejects... no wonder we are at low payouts  please adjust.

Yeah...I thought we had nuked this after its initial test showed mixed results, apparently it was only a partial adjustment.  It has since been put out to pasture.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 12:50:45 PM

Tried a few times and really like it, but the reject rate is also killing me. Is it the coin or the pool problem?

mattle74

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:36:01 PM

I doubt this getwork failure between each coin change will cause any damage to your graphics cards. But this is what I was complaining about when I said I see getwork failures on this pool. It happens between every coin change. I have tried middlecoin, multipool and CryptoSwitcher to jump between coins. None of them have getwork failures or any delay when switching coins.
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:28:05 PM

Tried a few times and really like it, but the reject rate is also killing me. Is it the coin or the pool problem?
It is the low diff coins... they switch blocks too fast that they reject higher.  Low Diff coins should have var diff increased by double/triple the worker's average rate to help reduce the rejects.

btc:
ltc:
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:28:59 PM

Was the coin. 

Back down to .48% rejection rate for current round as of this posting.
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:04:19 PM

I would recommend not counting Reject rates based on Job not found... This is normal it is not found when block changes...  THis will make the correct reject rates report on the site.

btc:
ltc:
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:34:08 PM

You probably did not use --no-submit-stale with cgminer...  This is why the high reject rates.
Turn that option on and try again.

btc:
ltc:
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:35:23 PM

I doubt this getwork failure between each coin change will cause any damage to your graphics cards. But this is what I was complaining about when I said I see getwork failures on this pool. It happens between every coin change. I have tried middlecoin, multipool and CryptoSwitcher to jump between coins. None of them have getwork failures or any delay when switching coins.
Middlecoin.com has getwork failures.... when switching.

btc:
ltc:
MoDu

Activity: 93

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:49:29 PM

Are you running these cards in 1 rig or 3?  What mining software are you running? What are the settings for your cards?

2 rigs actually, on has 2 GPUs. Running cgminer through GUIMiner-scrypt. Maybe I'll update it when the rigs are back up ( rigs are down due to power failure in the area).

Settings (from memory), are close to this:

-g 1 --thread-concurrency 7500 -I 18 -w 256
as someone suggested it in this thread, I also tried adding
--expiry 5 --queue 0 --scan-time 5

Seems to make no difference.

Must be your config.  

That may be possible, but other pools don't report such high reject rates, including middlecoin, give-me-ltc, etc. Most report under 5% rejects.

You probably did not use --no-submit-stale with cgminer...  This is why the high reject rates.
Turn that option on and try again.

But that will only mask the rejects, then I'll only see the efective hash-rate at the pool and never figure out why there are so many rejects in the first place!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: