Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Pyramid [Beta] - the oldest working pyramid? [OLD THREAD]  (Read 62416 times)
codler

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 01:43:23 PM

I have a suggestion, how about limit the withdrawn so you max can withdraw 2X of what you deposited? If you maxed the withdraw it will go to some random untill you deposit again. This will result more people getting profits and more money getting deposit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 01:47:18 PM

Well it makes sense, but in some cases, like mine, when you make small deposit to try how it's all working, and refered someone who deposited much more, you will earn too small amount.

I refered person who is now in hall of fame, but received even less then my inicial deposit. I think it's not fair)))

But you still benefit from being her/his sponsor, since s/he is likely to receive a lot of random payments and when his/her balance hits the threshold, you will receive your cut.

New rules protect the interests of active members who deposited money or advertized Bitcoin Pyramid.

Just imagine that rules didn't change and member #255 spent few minutes to create the chain of 10 zero deposit accounts before depositing 5 btc. In that case s/he would withdraw almost half of the deposited amount immediately and increase his/her future income. And your income would be less than 0.01 btc from his/her deposit and less than 0.1% from his/her future income.

Members with zero or small deposits still can earn if they invite referrals and reinvest withdrawals (I can see that it really happens, and it proves that the scheme works).

PS: thanks for your feedback and for advertizing Bitcion Pyramid

ecurrency.ec

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 02:12:58 PM

Well it makes sense, but in some cases, like mine, when you make small deposit to try how it's all working, and refered someone who deposited much more, you will earn too small amount.

I refered person who is now in hall of fame, but received even less then my inicial deposit. I think it's not fair)))

But you still benefit from being her/his sponsor, since s/he is likely to receive a lot of random payments and when his/her balance hits the threshold, you will receive your cut.

New rules protect the interests of active members who deposited money or advertized Bitcoin Pyramid.

Just imagine that rules didn't change and member #255 spent few minutes to create the chain of 10 zero deposit accounts before depositing 5 btc. In that case s/he would withdraw almost half of the deposited amount immediately and increase his/her future income. And your income would be less than 0.01 btc from his/her deposit and less than 0.1% from his/her future income.

Members with zero or small deposits still can earn if they invite referrals and reinvest withdrawals (I can see that it really happens, and it proves that the scheme works).

PS: thanks for your feedback and for advertizing Bitcion Pyramid

You are welcome.

Right you are, I think more about 50% "sponsor" bonus and now can't disagree with you, new rules are more fair.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 03:24:39 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2011, 03:41:17 PM by arsenische

I have a suggestion, how about limit the withdrawn so you max can withdraw 2X of what you deposited? If you maxed the withdraw it will go to some random untill you deposit again. This will result more people getting profits and more money getting deposit.

Thank you for your suggestion, codler. I wish I saw it before I changed the rules. But now, when people started depositing 5 btc, I am afraid to change the rules. More we change them - less trust to the system.

If successful members will always be increasing their deposits, then it might not be interesting for newcomers to compete with them for random payments. I think we could use an uniform distribution to select recepients for random payments to compensate that.

Maybe it is already worth of making the distribution uniform.  The size of the random payment is limited by recepient's deposit anyway, hence members with small deposits will get only a small fraction of randomly distributed money, whereas members with greater deposits will receive more.

So I want to know opinion of those who deposited:

1) should we limit the total sum of member's withdrawals by 2x of what s/he deposited?

2) should we use a uniform distribution to select recepients for random payments?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 04:04:30 PM

So I want to know opinion of those who deposited:

1) should we limit the total sum of member's withdrawals by 2x of what s/he deposited?

2) should we use a uniform distribution to select recepients for random payments?

1 - No

2 - Yes
anodyne

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:59:12 PM

1. No.

2. How about uniform distribution for depositing accounts only? If it includes zero accounts, people could spam the pyramid with lots of accounts hoping to get a few bitcents... and if there's a large percentage of those accounts it will be likely that the random payment bounces over a lot of them before it reaches someone who gets more than the minimum.

Bitcoins: solid enough to build pyramids.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 06:06:59 PM

2. How about uniform distribution for depositing accounts only? If it includes zero accounts, people could spam the pyramid with lots of accounts hoping to get a few bitcents... and if there's a large percentage of those accounts it will be likely that the random payment bounces over a lot of them before it reaches someone who gets more than the minimum.

You are right, it is supposed that zero deposit accounts do not receive random payments (since the size of random payment is limited by sum of recepient's deposits).

Yuusha

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:36:19 PM

I deposited 0.925 BTC on the 18th. Today, a week later, I've made back half of that (0.458 BTC) just from random sponsorships.

Looking good so far.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:14:12 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2011, 08:46:52 AM by psy

I deposited 0.925 BTC on the 18th. Today, a week later, I've made back half of that (0.458 BTC) just from random sponsorships.

Looking good so far.

Thank you for un-sanding my vagina...  Roll Eyes LOL

Translation: I'm profiting from the Bitcoin Pyramid.
riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:08:35 AM

That's quite good..

I've deposited ~ 1.1 and gotten back 0.02 so far

But I was thrilled to get 0,02 that day~ ^^

I'm patient
gw4tt

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:28:33 PM

I got back around 2btc from an original deposit of 1btc, so its working well.
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 10:36:43 PM

More than 50 btc deposited for the moment. Great start. Congratulations!

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 04:31:13 PM

Sweet!

I'm in:
http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/294

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:12:39 PM

Is it intentional that under the current rules depositing more money reduces your chances of getting selected randomly?

If you wanted it the other way around, try this:

Code:
SELECT MemberId FROM bpMember ORDER BY (fromWallet+1)*rand() DESC LIMIT 1;

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
jer

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:16:05 PM

Is it intentional that under the current rules depositing more money reduces your chances of getting selected randomly?

This explains a few things! I've been depositing little bits quite regularly (have 1.5btc atm) and haven't had a single random yet...

--
Jer
http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/91
adalov

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:41:25 PM

The algorithm confused me at first, but I'm fairly certain it's correct provided it hasn't changed in the past week or so.

Code:
1. maximumDeposit = SELECT max(fromWallet) FROM bpMember;
2. SELECT MemberId FROM bpMember ORDER BY rand()*maximumDeposit/(1+fromWallet) limit 1;

fromWallet is the total deposit of a member (a column), where bpMember is a table of all members.

ORDER BY by default orders ascending, so in this case the smallest number would be the one picked. I currently have 2.5 deposited, and 5 is the max. So it would be rand() * 5/3.5. So My random number is multiplied times a certain amount and becomes larger. Should I deposit another 2.5, then it would be rand() * 5/6, and my random number becomes smaller. So it is correct.

Edit: And just by a quick glance at your equation, it looks like yours is just the inverse, sorting by descending.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 04:18:57 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2011, 04:53:50 PM by arsenische

Code:

Both algorithms are correct and favor members who deposited more. I tried both of them 100000 times and here are the results.

Which one would you choose? Smiley

codler

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 04:30:06 PM

Code:

Both algorithms are correct and favor members who deposited more. I tried both of them 1000 times and here are the results.

Not fair, Im not in the list Tongue hehe

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 04:45:30 PM

Not fair, Im not in the list Tongue hehe

I ran a bigger test to see you there (updated the link)

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 05:06:21 PM

Both algorithms are correct and favor members who deposited more. I tried both of them 100000 times and here are the results.

If you asked me:
The second one on the pastebin, as it distributes the earnings between more members.
I guess that one is yours lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: