Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Add an button to specify the board to do the google search  (Read 104 times)
lcharles123 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:03:36 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

hello
the googles' search is often more accurate than forums' one, so i suggest a insertion of an drop-down menu near the Google search field to specify the sub-forum to do the search, it will help better accuracy in specific terms that can appear in various sections.

This search can be done by entering keywords in google field such as
Code:
site:bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0 word
but my suggestion is that it can be more easy to use for everyone.
cheers!

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:10:13 AM

You use "an" when the following word would start its letter with a vowel(aeiou).

Example: "an apple"

But there's an exception with h. If the word would have a silent h like honor you may use "an"

Example: "it would be an honor"

If the start with conosonants(bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz) you should use "a"

Example: "Add a button to specify the board to do the google search"

Just trying to help, no offense.

From my pov, searching on google rather than using the forum's own search button would give a better result. But i don't think we "need" this drop-down button, just search for the thing you're searching for and add the section where you think that thing you're looking for is and bitcointalk.

Example: "guide to earning merits meta bitcointalk"

Guide to earning merits is the thing that i would like to search, meta would be the section, then add the bitcointalk. This would morelikely give you what you're searching for.

Sylar2016

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:11:47 AM

This is a good suggestion. I agree with you and think it can be very helpful for everyone.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: