Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:41:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Choose 4 (four) most influencing parameters for you, when you decide, what exchange to use for trading.
1. Crypto-favorable country of Exchange's registration - 11 (6%)
2. High degree of security - 49 (26.6%)
3. Fast and excellent customer support - 27 (14.7%)
4. Reliable reputation and positive clients feedbacks - 37 (20.1%)
5. The lowest fees - 20 (10.9%)
6. Ability to buy/sell at best prices - 16 (8.7%)
7. Availability of margin or/and derivatives trading - 8 (4.3%)
8. Ease of use - 16 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How you choose the exchange for trading? Vote!  (Read 727 times)
BitCare

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:52:25 PM

I look at such criterias as name, popularity, trading volume. Also on fact is exchange platform decentralized or centralized. And, of cource, history of platform (was it hacked or no, where is it plased and others).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nakaba

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:09:52 PM

This is how i choose an  trading platform for cryptocurrency in order:

*High degree of security
Means cold storage of crypto, 2FA, perfect protection of clients private data and funds.

*The lowest fees on the market
Means the lowest total cost of trading: including deposit fee, trade fees, withdrawal fee and best limits policy.

*Fast and excellent customer support

*Crypto-favorable country of Exchange's registration
Means a comparatively low risk of exchange closure by regulators.

I always prioritize security because it is the usual issue or reason why the trading platform closed.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:57:57 PM

The only thing that i choose from exchange are because its securities. That was become the vital terms to choosing a trustful one. Eventhough we know how good are exchange security now. Its still have a chance of being hacked.

And the second is how customer support respond.
Jekbolt (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:19:26 AM

*High degree of security
Means cold storage of crypto, 2FA, perfect protection of clients private data and funds.

Means the lowest total cost of trading: including deposit fee, trade fees, withdrawal fee and best limits policy.

I always prioritize security because it is the usual issue or reason why the trading platform closed.

Could you please specify which countries you will definitely avoid? China, for example, what else?
Kramblerty

Merit: 15

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:53:40 AM

*High degree of security

Could you please specify which countries you will definitely avoid? China, for example, what else?

+ Korea
GlassMaster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:09:36 AM

The most important indicator for the exchange is security, ease of use and user support, and of course favorable prices, this also determines the country in which the exchange. The benefit now is a lot of exchanges and there is something to choose from.

Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:01:28 AM

The most important indicator for the exchange is security, ease of use and user support, and of course favorable prices, this also determines the country in which the exchange. The benefit now is a lot of exchanges and there is something to choose from.

"...and of course favorable prices, this also determines the country in which the exchange...."
Favorable prices on exchange services or on crypto-assets traded there?
Kramblerty

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:29:54 PM

The only thing that i choose from exchange are because its securities. That was become the vital terms to choosing a trustful one. Eventhough we know how good are exchange security now. Its still have a chance of being hacked.

Hackers attack the exchanges which 1. have a nice stake of assets 2. have the holes in the protection allowing to get these assets
But the cost of assets must be higher than the cost of theft organisation. 
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:55:28 PM

Hackers attack the exchanges which 1. have a nice stake of assets 2. have the holes in the protection allowing to get these assets
Security is the number one criteria for me because I want to ensure that I will be receiving my money safely. I have experienced a problem before with withdrawals in an exchanges and I don't want to experience that again. For weeks, I haven't able to withdraw and I was really worried because it was a good amount and I need that for my dissertation. I contacted their customer support but there was no response. Good thing, though it took weeks, I got it and with that experience I learned that not because it is an exchanges that you should trust it and be comfortable with it at all times.
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:16:17 PM

Security is the number one criteria for me because I want to ensure that I will be receiving my money safely. I have experienced a problem before with withdrawals in an exchanges and I don't want to experience that again. For weeks, I haven't able to withdraw and I was really worried because it was a good amount and I need that for my dissertation. I contacted their customer support but there was no response. Good thing, though it took weeks, I got it and with that experience I learned that not because it is an exchanges that you should trust it and be comfortable with it at all times.

Two weeks waiting is not so much...there the case where your money being stocked for many weeks.
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 05:23:16 PM

Depends on what you want to trade, or what you want to do after trading... Unfortunetly there is no all in one exchange where all coins/tokens and you can withdraw straight to your adv cash or visa and etc...

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:25:00 PM

Depends on what you want to trade, or what you want to do after trading... Unfortunetly there is no all in one exchange where all coins/tokens and you can withdraw straight to your adv cash or visa and etc...

You are right,,, but let's imagine that you have such exchange where any altcoin (no matter what blockchain it's based) can be traded immediately after releasing. Such a hypothetical exchange shall not even check that coins issuer prior to listing to be able to do what you want. That's what you want - have a full freedom no matter of altcoins quality?
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:31:14 PM

There are many important criteria’s for me when i am choosing the exchange but most important one is being secure. I am trying to avoid using any exchanges that doesn’t make me feel safe about my coins. I think it’s more important than fee rates.

Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:50:15 PM

You forgot to add:

- My token/coin is listed only there Cheesy

Beside this, my choices are:

2. High degree of security

and

4. Reliable reputation and positive clients feedbacks
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 10:00:24 PM

Security - the main goal for my preferable exchange. 2fa is a must plugin for the exchange, withdrawal confirmation also the second best option.
Best new coins - formthe.good flip this option will work the best way. Right after ico you can sell or buy the coin for a good price.
Reputation - another valuable parameter for the best exchange, but even this kind of exchange can be scammed. A lot.of.people should remember one of the stable.exchange before summer 2017...

Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:29:17 PM

Security - the main goal for my preferable exchange. 2fa is a must plugin for the exchange, withdrawal confirmation also the second best option.

Perfect point to withdrawal confirmation! which is actually the most important part of 2FA application.
Kramblerty

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:46:27 AM

2FA is a the must have feature for every Exch now
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:54:34 AM

2FA is a the must have feature for every Exch now

Sure!  thanks to Steven Paul Jobs for the growing number of smartphones all over the world.  Tongue
randomhumster

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:07:53 AM

For me it depends on what I need from an exchange. When I want to work with the basic part of my portfolio, I look at security and reputation. When I want to grab a new token at a low price, I don't care about security much. Most likely I will check only fees, withdraw limits and so on. If you are not going to store ypur crypto on exhange, than security is not so important. Register, deposit, buy and withdraw.
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:27:59 PM

For me it depends on what I need from an exchange. When I want to work with the basic part of my portfolio, I look at security and reputation. When I want to grab a new token at a low price, I don't care about security much. Most likely I will check only fees, withdraw limits and so on. If you are not going to store ypur crypto on exhange, than security is not so important. Register, deposit, buy and withdraw.

You use a smart way of trading. I also believe that a trader should not use only one channel for buying and selling cryptos
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: