Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharing My Criteria For Choosing Great ICO To Invest  (Read 181 times)
Xiomara

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:23:08 PM

already there're so much threads about these criteria. All of us here are not noobs  and we know that we need to explore first to choose a worthy ico.

https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27545283_294833667708337_3295997111521288087_n.jpg?oh=9d6e583487378b59c7e6cee8bfe7d00f&oe=5B134ADC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:30:38 PM

This is definitely a good set of rules to use for ICO. Most investors do not do their due diligence and regret later. And there are too many newbie in bitcointalk and for that matter in this crypto world that there needs to be more knowledge or experience sharing.

Upz!!

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:36:18 PM

already there're so much threads about these criteria. All of us here are not noobs  and we know that we need to explore first to choose a worthy ico.

All of us here are not master too, you dont know if there are tons of noobs viewing this thread everyday.

----
I also check concept and roadmap for long term investment, and hype level for short term Grin
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:38:26 PM
Merited by Bastime (16), dangdangdang (4)

This is definitely a good set of rules to use for ICO. Most investors do not do their due diligence and regret later. And there are too many newbie in bitcointalk and for that matter in this crypto world that there needs to be more knowledge or experience sharing.
Upz!!

There are too many set of rules and criteria about what to do first before investing on ICOs and so on and this thread really helped those new comers into this Crypto Market and to educate them to avoid scams and frauds as well.
For me, it's a good guide but it doesn't mean that it got covered almost all the points and guidelines because scammers are too smart today and they even reading this one and they had already collected almost all the guidelines in this forum about how to avoid on being scammed and other related do's and dont's.

For me, the only thing that I'm going to check is the Telegram Channels because active members cannot be purged and Bots are too obvious.
Good ICOs are exchanging ideas and never stop chatting like what we observed from a lot of Telegram Communities today.
I am a member of over 50 Telegram Communities because I am joining almost all Telegram Bounty campaigns as I could so now I know which one are better than the other.
Good ICOs have over 2k members and there are too many active members on it. That's kind of ICO aspect is very hard to fake.

boonsterx (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:48:29 PM

Upz!!

There are too many set of rules and criteria about what to do first before investing on ICOs and so on and this thread really helped those new comers into this Crypto Market and to educate them to avoid scams and frauds as well.
For me, it's a good guide but it doesn't mean that it got covered almost all the points and guidelines because scammers are too smart today and they even reading this one and they had already collected almost all the guidelines in this forum about how to avoid on being scammed and other related do's and dont's.

For me, the only thing that I'm going to check is the Telegram Channels because active members cannot be purged and Bots are too obvious.
Good ICOs are exchanging ideas and never stop chatting like what we observed from a lot of Telegram Communities today.
I am a member of over 50 Telegram Communities because I am joining almost all Telegram Bounty campaigns as I could so now I know which one are better than the other.
Good ICOs have over 2k members and there are too many active members on it. That's kind of ICO aspect is very hard to fake.

Yes. I totally agree that the engagement in Telegram channels is a good indicator. Thats why in my criteria, i mentioned Marketing and that good ICO tend to have above 5000 members in their telegram channels. usually once people starts spreading via word of mouth about a good ICO to their fellow investors, the growth of members in telegram can be huge... ArcBlock got above 50k members.

cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:53:33 PM

Thanks for the info. This is a big help to those who are struggling in crypto specially the newbies. It's hard to guess if the project will fail or it will bring you more luck. Do everything to develop your trading skills because this will be your ace in the future.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:58:38 PM

Thank you for sharing. Seems like your criteria almost cover the important aspect. I follow most of them except for the low hard cap. Some big projects have bigger hard cap and it is necessary to develop the big idea. So this point doesn’t bother me.
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

5) Marketing
Marketing is key. For ICO who have good marketing, you will see that they have a lot of members in their telegram channel. You will also see good participation in their chat and ANN thread. I would say at least 5000 members in their telegram group is a minimum for me to consider them as having good marketing.

It is also good to note that we should check what percentage of the telegram members are investors and how many are bounty hunters. Since most bounty include rules like should be member of telegram. If half of it are bounty hunters, then that is not real value.
oviudiu

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:29:38 PM

I am been involved in ICO since last year June and made a few mistakes in investing in not so good ICOs as well as some successes in ICO.
After learning from my own experiences, I would like to share some ideas on how to pick ICOs that have good chances for doing well.

1) Good Business Case.
Many ICO do not have a firm business case to be on the blockchain. I think a blockchain business with a viable business case is important. The business must also organically create demand for their tokens. For example, Binance coin BNB incentives traders on Binance to hold it as it helps to reduce the commissions they have to pay, and at the same time BNB holders are rewarded with part of the exchange's profits. The company Binance also buys back their own coins and burn them. This is organic demand which does not rely on them even having holders of BNB, as Binance will buy back their own coin.. organic demand.

2) Small Hard Cap.
To date I have observed that ICO with less than $40mil in hard cap has a higher chance of success and get sold out faster. Selling out fast is an important indicator of future demand for the token and crypto exchanges also look at this before they list the coin. And with more crypto exchanges listing the coin, it will also mean a greater demand for the coin.

3) Team Members with Previous Success.
There are so many ICO nowadays that we are seeing new faces on ICO often. And many may not have the experience to run a proper ICO. Hence a ICO with experienced hands is important especially if some of the members were part of previous success.

4) Advisors with Pull Factor
While advisors should not be an important determinant of the ICO success, I have noticed that ICO with credible advisors tend to attract more investors as people recognises famous names. Vitalik does not endorses ICO as an advisors anymore but there are other founders who are participating as advisors. Their presence means something.

5) Marketing
Marketing is key. For ICO who have good marketing, you will see that they have a lot of members in their telegram channel. You will also see good participation in their chat and ANN thread. I would say at least 5000 members in their telegram group is a minimum for me to consider them as having good marketing.

With these 5 indicators passing muster, I will then download their whitepaper and do my due diligence. Recent good finds are Experty, ArcBlock and now MediChain. These 5 facts are my first cut before i read their whitepaper and ask my test questions for the CEO or admin on their telegram groups. If the CEO is never present and the admin cannot answer technical questions.. I will not participate in the ICO.

Hope these factors will be helpful to some of the members on bitcointalk.

BoonsterX

P.S. If anyone finds my inputs useful, pls do donate some merit  SmileySmileySmiley Thank you. Thank you.

These are some very good points. Myself I think that the Team makes up to key to success of the ICO. It can be the worst project, as long as the team is good, then we are good.
boonsterx (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:21:27 AM

Yes the team members is an important criteria. It is an indicator of success if there are members who have been part of previously successful ICO. That's what I look out for.

liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:19:11 AM

Team members are an important factor, because a good team is likely to make the project successful, and generally it is more likely to make a profit on a project with a small hard hat.

Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:08:42 AM

These are all definitely great ways of vetting an ICO. I'd like to add one thing to your list - a detailed roadmap.

Even if a coin has a lot of great aspects, it won't get much hype / hype will die down without major events pushing the project forward.
Yeah roadmap should not be disregarded, this is another asset of a team to attract and make success.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:30:33 AM

I do not agree about 2 points. Different ideas require different amounts. It will be more correct to analyze the amount that they want to collect. Some projects can be implemented for a lower amount, but the fees are often overstated and the funds are distributed incorrectly.

Cassandraa9

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:38:21 AM

Hi guys
i suggest you to participate in Marinecoin ICO here https://marineco.in
is 100% free
450.000 MTC Free ICO
You can join the ICO here https://marineco.in/ico and get 450.000 MTC for FREE
yohanzo

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:26:30 AM

Thanks a lot about the tips! Very useful tips indeed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: