Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:46:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweden Offers a Home to All Syrian Refugees  (Read 1406 times)
aigeezer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:58:55 AM

I'm reeling at this:

"There's a staggering figure showing that a small town in Sweden called Södertälje has accepted more refugees from Iraq than the U.S. and Canada put together."

http://www.policymic.com/articles/63489/in-surprisingly-bold-move-sweden-offers-a-home-to-all-syrian-refugees

Well done, Sweden. I wonder what the people would do in Canada (where I live) and the U.S. if they were offered a choice in such policy matters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:08:46 PM

I wonder what the people would do in Canada (where I live) and the U.S. if they were offered a choice in such policy matters.

Quote from: Charlie Chaplin
I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 12:35:39 PM

Finally! A country that has the balls to do what I was thinking all of the western countries should do, we should be offering political amnesty to all civilians caught up in civil wars not discussing the different ways to get them killed, go Sweden!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:13:52 PM

Quote from: Charlie Chaplin
I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug8KiS0W85Y

Sweden has opened their borders for all foreigners quite some time now, they have a diversity policy in place, many people don't like it, but as long as the left is in power it will continue.

Ghostofkobra

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:44:11 PM

It is actually the "right" that is in power in Sweden at the moment.
But still they are on the left side of the Democrats Wink

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:46:11 PM

Oh, I'm sorry.

Yap, this left-right scale can be misleading, when I saw interviews with Swedish politicians on the immigration subject I assumed they were from the left, because they sound what I'm used to consider "left" ideas.

I guess that's why Sweden is the best country to live...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:21:14 PM

Oh, I'm sorry.

Yap, this left-right scale can be misleading, when I saw interviews with Swedish politicians on the immigration subject I assumed they were from the left, because they sound what I'm used to consider "left" ideas.

The whole left and right thing is just bullshit made up by the people in power to keep everything evenly split so the Democracies are easy to manage, this is most obvious in America which is why so many people around the world are horrified at what they'll do next. If I were to describe the mainstream parties I would say they were Imperialists they may differ in how they carry out their goals but in the end what they want to do is expand their country as much as possible the only thing they're really bickering about is the minor details of doing it.

I do honestly believe though there are some smaller countries out there like Sweden who are beginning to wake up to this fact though, or rather I hope because they haven't treated Julian Assange very well but apparently according to a guy I once new who was Swedish, it's a pretty democratic country regardless because the parties are more evenly split, don't know if that's the case for recent data though.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 2067

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:03:36 PM

Half of the Syrians are already in Turkey. The puppet government feed them but kill own people.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Opening up your borders is bad, just look at the UK....
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:16:43 PM

The whole left and right thing is just bullshit made up by the people in power to keep everything evenly split so the Democracies are easy to manage, this is most obvious in America which is why so many people around the world are horrified at what they'll do next. If I were to describe the mainstream parties I would say they were Imperialists they may differ in how they carry out their goals but in the end what they want to do is expand their country as much as possible the only thing they're really bickering about is the minor details of doing it.

I do honestly believe though there are some smaller countries out there like Sweden who are beginning to wake up to this fact though, or rather I hope because they haven't treated Julian Assange very well but apparently according to a guy I once new who was Swedish, it's a pretty democratic country regardless because the parties are more evenly split, don't know if that's the case for recent data though.

I share your opinion.

About the Julian Assange thing, I think it was/is a prosecutor trying to make a name for himself, the main Assange "crime" was not wanting to wear a condom, apparently he likes to "spread his seed", even the "victims" didn't want the attention because their lives became a hell since the accusations popped up.

Every EU country has their borders open to each other, I don't see any problem here...

Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:23:53 PM

Every EU country has their borders open to each other, I don't see any problem here...

Not when your country offers benefits and a council house and free health care.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:31:32 PM

Not when your country offers benefits and a council house and free health care.

I don't know what you're trying to say with that, but, for example, if I go to the hospital in Spain my country pays the bill...

If I work in Spain, I get benefits from Spain, if I work in my country I get them from my country...

ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 03:38:56 PM

Let me know when Sweden starts bordering Syria.

-and when the sun sets on the British Empire.

Oh, I'm sorry.

I think their "left" Fell flat off the spectrum back into sane discourse.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:41:01 PM

Sweden has always been a warm country ( ironically) to these issues , I mean last time I remember there was this robber who stole millions of dollars and jailed 7 years , swedes believe people might change through acts of kindness towards them I guess.

Tough there was this singer who sang about interracial breeding and was raped by another race and killed , that doesnt always work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: