Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:55:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Biotron.io Announcement - Transparent personal data analytics platform  (Read 29502 times)
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:51:31 PM

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
burning the unsold token can protect the interests of investors.
Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.

I would also prefer burning unsold tokens.

But even if you will do like this just make a ratio of it. Like %80 of the unsold tokens will be burned %20 will distribute among app users. It would be a good solutiıon for everybody.
in fact i also believe that it would be better to burn any unsold tokens and not distribute them as an incentive to the app users this will almost certainly lower the price of the token when they will be listed on some exchanges...

interest me the fact of burn 80% of the not sold tokens, is a great form to your appreciation, and a great propose to your investors. fast appreciation and continuos ascencion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImTotya

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:02:31 PM

You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?
I think it is logical that they should pay in Biotron tokens, thereby stimulating sales on exchanges and increasing interest in the coin.
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:02:44 PM

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
burning the unsold token can protect the interests of investors.
Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.

I would also prefer burning unsold tokens.

But even if you will do like this just make a ratio of it. Like %80 of the unsold tokens will be burned %20 will distribute among app users. It would be a good solutiıon for everybody.
in fact i also believe that it would be better to burn any unsold tokens and not distribute them as an incentive to the app users this will almost certainly lower the price of the token when they will be listed on some exchanges...

interest me the fact of burn 80% of the not sold tokens, is a great form to your appreciation, and a great propose to your investors. fast appreciation and continuos ascencion
Literally, burning tokens means good growth for the remaining ones. But in the unstable market it may mean something different, so you gotta think twice or three times now before doing that.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:08:23 PM

You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?
I think it is logical that they should pay in Biotron tokens, thereby stimulating sales on exchanges and increasing interest in the coin.

I am not sure that is very smart, as most ICO's accept ETH as payment, the projects tend to sell the invested ETH to fund their project, resulting in a constant pressure in sale orders

sge99

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 09:42:01 PM

Exactly, serving as payment method for data trades is the only purpose of Biotron tokens and it makes sense to exclude other currencies forcing customers to buy the tokens and thus increasing demand.

Bolovich

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:50:33 PM

Exactly, serving as payment method for data trades is the only purpose of Biotron tokens and it makes sense to exclude other currencies forcing customers to buy the tokens and thus increasing demand.
I can't imagine this working other way. It has to work with Biotron tokens this is why the were created.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:18:39 PM

I have a question for devs. Biotron will sell the data to any buyer? Will they check the buyer and the purpose of using the data?
I ask this question because maybe there will be the possibility of sharing personal data to some people, who can bring about the assassination or harm the life of some people ,or maybe they will get some hands not good.

Interesting point. Even if personal data is anonymized, it has the capability of being abused. In recent history, look at Facebook / Cambridge Analytica, or in less recent history, well, I will go no further than the word eugenics to avoid Godwin's law. Besides anonymized data can potentially be deanonymized. For example, even though you can remove a name from a data set, a person can be identified by their location and car brand.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:30:51 PM

The token sale will start soon. I’m impatiet to see how much biotron will raise, I think some people are interested by the project, especially in this period with all these private data, I think biotron can have a nice sucess.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:48:10 PM

The token sale will start soon. I’m impatiet to see how much biotron will raise, I think some people are interested by the project, especially in this period with all these private data, I think biotron can have a nice sucess.

On the one hand it is a terrible time for ICOs. Cryptocurrencies in general are getting FUD multiple times on a daily basis. On the other hand the Facebook controversy could point some attention to Biotron, although there are also some similar questions to be raised about how to prevent personal data from being used unethically.
Michelle24

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

I have a question for devs. Biotron will sell the data to any buyer? Will they check the buyer and the purpose of using the data?
I ask this question because maybe there will be the possibility of sharing personal data to some people, who can bring about the assassination or harm the life of some people ,or maybe they will get some hands not good.
I think you will never know what happens with your data if you sell them to a company.
So you should only sell data which you really want to make public.

Altcoinrusher

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:25:23 PM

I think you will never know what happens with your data if you sell them to a company.

Additionally, I think with Biotron platform, users wil get to chose whatever data will be accessible to them via the platform.
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:47:16 PM

I guess this ICO will be a litmus test on the investors sentiment towards a legit and viable project while under a bearish period.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:47:49 PM

Additionally, I think with Biotron platform, users wil get to chose whatever data will be accessible to them via the platform.
I hope that there will be very fine adjustable possibilities to choose what data we will sell and what not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:54:24 AM

Speaking of data, people will be able to monetize even on medical data? I see a huge demand for that, if researchers have more data they can speed up what they are reaseraching

I am not sure whether the data is to be used for scientific purposes, the main goal of Biotron is to to offer the same social media platforms but where the data generators (users) earn as well in the same profit model

I'm still a bit confused about all the possibilities of earnings of Biotron users, will it be a way to sell our Medical data through your Platform and receive in your token in the Ethereum network? Or in the future will there be a Swap for the chain itself?
I think most likely there will be a swap, because this project will work on the SophiaTX blockchain. It would be nice if the devs clarified this.

But its still an interesting question. When i receive Sophia based tokens on their platform, where and how do i trade them in to buy something ETH based?

If they issue a token there will definetly be a trading system in the wallet like NXT, waves, stellar, etc

If they don't, they should. It would make for a better user experience

But if biotron doesnt have other special use case for each token, we have too much blockchain with its token system already. And also it will blog down the blockchain. ARdor is interesting new sidechain blockchain provider, they can probably use its clone

You mean running Biotron as a sidechain on Ardr?
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:59:43 AM

Is there a distribution scheme for this? E.g. 10% in first year, 5% in second or something like this

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:40:12 AM

Speaking of data, people will be able to monetize even on medical data? I see a huge demand for that, if researchers have more data they can speed up what they are reaseraching

I am not sure whether the data is to be used for scientific purposes, the main goal of Biotron is to to offer the same social media platforms but where the data generators (users) earn as well in the same profit model

I'm still a bit confused about all the possibilities of earnings of Biotron users, will it be a way to sell our Medical data through your Platform and receive in your token in the Ethereum network? Or in the future will there be a Swap for the chain itself?
I think most likely there will be a swap, because this project will work on the SophiaTX blockchain. It would be nice if the devs clarified this.

But its still an interesting question. When i receive Sophia based tokens on their platform, where and how do i trade them in to buy something ETH based?

If they issue a token there will definetly be a trading system in the wallet like NXT, waves, stellar, etc

If they don't, they should. It would make for a better user experience

But if biotron doesnt have other special use case for each token, we have too much blockchain with its token system already. And also it will blog down the blockchain. ARdor is interesting new sidechain blockchain provider, they can probably use its clone

You mean running Biotron as a sidechain on Ardr?

No, Biotron can have its own blockchain
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:44:42 AM

Thanks for the answer guys! Now its a little bit clearer.
omwibya

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:28:22 AM

Thanks for the answer guys! Now its a little bit clearer.

nice to know the dev's know all about incentivizing user participation.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Biotron.io (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

welcome to my world

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:24:30 AM

Interesting point. Even if personal data is anonymized, it has the capability of being abused. In recent history, look at Facebook / Cambridge Analytica, or in less recent history, well, I will go no further than the word eugenics to avoid Godwin's law. Besides anonymized data can potentially be deanonymized. For example, even though you can remove a name from a data set, a person can be identified by their location and car brand.
We are going to be selling only to trusted and reliable companies. It is only natural that we have to check whether or not the buyer is dependable. After all, we are asking you to trust us with your data, and as this is a very serious thing, we have to approach it with the utmost care.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:24:55 AM

They already raised a respectable amount of eth with a huge 200 eth limit.

It is a sure thing that they will raise a lot of money on public sale.

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: