Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2019, 10:53:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Bitmine CoinCraft A1 28nm chip distribution / DIY support  (Read 80831 times)
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:50:11 AM

Zefir - thanks again for all of your work and helping the community with this project!
+1

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giorgiomassa

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:08:01 PM

Thank you Zefir for handling this process, as for all the DIY people we wish you a great success with your designs and thanks for all the feedback given, we are working on fixing the reference design files and committing them to the git repository soon.

The base files for building the OpenEmbedded/Yocto-based rpi image will also be committed soon so that everybody willing to develop forks based on it is very welcome to do so (and share back)  Smiley

silver71

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:06:45 PM

Thank you Zefir for handling this process, as for all the DIY people we wish you a great success with your designs and thanks for all the feedback given, we are working on fixing the reference design files and committing them to the git repository soon.

The base files for building the OpenEmbedded/Yocto-based rpi image will also be committed soon so that everybody willing to develop forks based on it is very welcome to do so (and share back)  Smiley

Is there any possibility for SD-card to be accessible from the front/back, in case change/new yacto-image or improvements are to be deployed, so that rig/desk can remain hashing with old SD-image and new-one is prepared offline, and just cards swapped and rig/desk restarted. I think this will improve overall reliability of the machines and make rigs/desks ready for future improvements and it also saves time, in case SD-card is damaged.

Stuff like this might be very handy, and will not violate warranty in case of SD-card malfunction. Blockchain file will grow more and more in the future, so one day, user might need to insert biger SD-card, and if it's unaccessable from the outside, it might make problems.

This might be a solution. at least as an idea, for possible hardware forks.

http://www.amazon.com/46cm-Card-Extension-Cable-Case/dp/B007X0GV5S

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
shaohui

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:17:45 AM

A1 28nm chip microarrays How to buy this? Provide technical item? I come from China
                                                 33007500@qq.com
shaohui

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:25:03 AM

good news

I want to produce 1T or 2T machines, can provide what help?
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:04:15 AM

The base files for building the OpenEmbedded/Yocto-based rpi image will also be committed soon so that everybody willing to develop forks based on it is very welcome to do so (and share back)  Smiley
Is there any possibility for SD-card to be accessible from the front/back, in case change/new yacto-image or improvements are to be deployed, so that rig/desk can remain hashing with old SD-image and new-one is prepared offline, and just cards swapped and rig/desk restarted. I think this will improve overall reliability of the machines and make rigs/desks ready for future improvements and it also saves time, in case SD-card is damaged.

Stuff like this might be very handy, and will not violate warranty in case of SD-card malfunction. Blockchain file will grow more and more in the future, so one day, user might need to insert biger SD-card, and if it's unaccessable from the outside, it might make problems.

a) what is the advantage of having a secondary SD card slot over flashing the new FW image to your miner's primary SD card once you are done creating it?
b) the SD-card is almost read-only, i.e. only configuration changes are written, everything else goes into memory mapped temp file systems - with that, risk of wearing out the SD card is minimal
c) the FW image is tiny (like 30-50MB) and won't grow significantly in the future; the blockchain is not stored on the SD (for what?), so the smallest SD-card available is still orders of magnitude too big for the FW - we won't run into space issues

A1 28nm chip microarrays How to buy this? Provide technical item? I come from China
I want to produce 1T or 2T machines, can provide what help?
This is the DIY thread, i.e. meant for those who are doing their own design and needed chips in smaller quantities to test prototypes. Chips will remain available at Bitmine's online-shop, either in production volumes or in single sample chip quantities.

As for the board design: if you are not going to design your own board, you might want to contact one of the various projects that are working on A1 based mining gear.

silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:58:13 PM

a) what is the advantage of having a secondary SD card slot over flashing the new FW image to your miner's primary SD card once you are done creating it?
b) the SD-card is almost read-only, i.e. only configuration changes are written, everything else goes into memory mapped temp file systems - with that, risk of wearing out the SD card is minimal
c) the FW image is tiny (like 30-50MB) and won't grow significantly in the future; the blockchain is not stored on the SD (for what?), so the smallest SD-card available is still orders of magnitude too big for the FW - we won't run into space issues

Extension was not intented to be used as 2ns SDcard, but as primary, just accessible from chasis, just because nobody knows what will happen in 12-18 months...so why not if that's not too complicated ?

zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:24:02 PM

anyone got any chips for sale , need about10, pm me please.

thanks
[gadget]

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:32:50 PM

Got my PCB made this week. Anyone else working on a reference build? Would love to compare notes  Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/J34PiOI.jpg
end18

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:22:48 AM

Got my PCB made this week. Anyone else working on a reference build? Would love to compare notes  Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/J34PiOI.jpg

I'm in 1 chip testing now.

It works with my Raspberry pi.

https://doc-10-04-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/l4djka008adkbo5eb3peri1thtdq598p/ost2lihsqe4b0546nst514da23th9s8l/1394064000000/15398276951700677173/15398276951700677173/0B0zzUhzSOpuLSm45YVpNUHNOM0JYN2Z0UnNuZm5RcTRMd3BV?h=16653014193614665626&e=download
Dimoza

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:58:11 AM

nice job!
could you show assembled board? both sides? would be interesting to see your cooling solution.
[gadget]

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:30:28 AM

The url isn't working for me somehow...
Did you figure out the typos in the BOM by any chance?

nice job!
could you show assembled board? both sides? would be interesting to see your cooling solution.

will do. After exhaustive searching I finally ordered a heatsink + some fans last night. It will cover the entire back side and will attach via the screw holes, with some thermal padding in-between.
silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:36:39 AM

nice job!

will do. After exhaustive searching I finally ordered a heatsink + some fans last night. It will cover the entire back side and will attach via the screw holes, with some thermal padding in-between.

Do you need corrected BOM ? I can send you one...

jpo

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:31:41 PM

nice job!

Mines on my way!  I examined the gerber files pretty thoroughly and couldn't find any errors.  Have you ran into any issues with the design itself?

On the BOM I selected an alum cap, P15077CT-ND, for C500, C501...  Obviously they didn't mean to use an LDO converter and I don't think they meant an axial cap either.  I think was the biggest misprint.  Also, I have plenty of right angle pci-e power connectors and plan on soldering them on the underside of the board(backwardz) so polarization is still correct.  I couldn't seem to find the upright ones.

Could you send me yours.  I'm curious what components you ended up selecting.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:19:25 PM

Also, I have plenty of right angle pci-e power connectors ...
Could you give me part number for those? I was searching molex site but didn't found it. Maybe digikey part number if you have. BIG thx.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:40:59 PM

Could you give me part number for those? I was searching molex site but didn't found it. Maybe digikey part number if you have. BIG thx.
You can find them here.
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=graphics_power&channel=products&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction

jpo

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:58:59 PM

I use Mouser for those.  Digikey doesn't stock them as well.  Part number 45558-0003.  Also the upright connectors in the BOM don't match the pitch I measured in the gerbers, so the part is completely wrong.  The pitch does match the part number above though.

Just checked looks like Mouser has upright connector with correct pitch as well.  45718-0002
chipman

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:50:05 PM

This might be a daft question, I have been looking at the reference board and I was planning to get a couple made up. The boards have an IN and OUT SPI connection am I right in thinking that I can for example connect 3 together and run and Raspberry PI or am I missing something?

Thanks
[gadget]

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:35:10 PM

Yes, please!

On the BOM I selected an alum cap, P15077CT-ND, for C500, C501...  Obviously they didn't mean to use an LDO converter and I don't think they meant an axial cap either.  I think was the biggest misprint.  Also, I have plenty of right angle pci-e power connectors and plan on soldering them on the underside of the board(backwardz) so polarization is still correct.  I couldn't seem to find the upright ones.

What did you do about L1, L2? They're marked at 470 nH in BOM, but 200 nH in the schematic

I use Mouser for those.  Digikey doesn't stock them as well.  Part number 45558-0003.  Also the upright connectors in the BOM don't match the pitch I measured in the gerbers, so the part is completely wrong.  The pitch does match the part number above though.
Just checked looks like Mouser has upright connector with correct pitch as well.  45718-0002

Nice job on finding those, I thought I'd searched all the way through but didn't find them other than on Digikey. But the pins on these don't match either. On digikey the pitch is 5.3mm(long side)/5.3mm(short side), on mouser the pitch is 4.2mm(long)/4.2mm(short), the actual measurement is 4.0mm(long)/5.0mm(short). I suppose one can bend the leads to make them fit...

The boards have an IN and OUT SPI connection am I right in thinking that I can for example connect 3 together and run and Raspberry PI or am I missing something?

I believe you can, unless something gets in the way (like as a heatsink)
silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:07:27 AM

Corrections in BILL OF MATERIALS (BOM FILE FOR PCB) for DIY 2xA1 (Bitmine Coincraft) project :

CORRECTION #1
old wrong digikey partnumber : HHR13399-7350-2-ND
part : capacitor C10, 33 pF
desc : Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor
CORRECT PART NUMBER : 399-7350-2-ND
vendor : Kemet

CORRECTION #2
old wrong digikey partnumber : 2512063007Y3 wrong P/N not Digikey but FAIR-RITE part: 2512063007Y3 [digikey P/N for this item does not exist)
part : FB
desc : Ferrite bread resistor
CORRECT PART NUMBER : FAIR-RITE part: 2512063007Y3 - ! this part is not available thru digikey database !
vendor : FAIR-RITE Products Corp, available thru : Farnell, Arrow, Mouser and many others

The rest is OK.

Who wants whole BOM in XLS with vendor details, pricing for parts, PM me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.