Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Bitmine CoinCraft A1 28nm chip distribution / DIY support  (Read 81187 times)
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:25:46 AM

For the sample chips, do you already have them in hand?

I didn't see a direct answer, what is the exact specification of the packaging? Number of pins and package type?

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:44:58 AM

I didn't see a direct answer, what is the exact specification of the packaging? Number of pins and package type?

Is it not clear from the OP? The chips offered here are the sample chips, i.e. those from the pilot run. So whether you order 2 chips to validate your design or 50 to build your first boards - those are the very first chips available.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:57:36 AM

Are there any developers or hardware manufacturers already committed to making boards or devices for these chips?

We are committing ourselves to an A1 Wasp (blade) and Hive (mother plane) design prototype and should be ready in January. Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299255.0.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:17:55 PM

Is it not clear from the OP? The chips offered here are the sample chips, i.e. those from the pilot run. So whether you order 2 chips to validate your design or 50 to build your first boards - those are the very first chips available.

Yes, but are they available today? I was thinking about ordering a few chips to build a board. But not going to bother with it unless you have them in hand at this moment. The way it's stated makes it seem as if they're available today, but without even information about what package type, number of pins, and pin out of the chip, makes it seem like they're not available today.

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:02:22 PM

Yes, but are they available today? I was thinking about ordering a few chips to build a board. But not going to bother with it unless you have them in hand at this moment. The way it's stated makes it seem as if they're available today, but without even information about what package type, number of pins, and pin out of the chip, makes it seem like they're not available today.

No, if you look from that perspective, there will be no sample chips but only an all-or-nothing first shot with enough wafers produced in the pilot run (like KnC did and succeeded). If there is a risk of chips not working as expected, it is covered by the CPP.

The preliminary datasheet will be released to the public by tomorrow, I'll post a related link here as soon as it is online.

Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:10:36 PM

The preliminary datasheet will be released to the public by tomorrow, I'll post a related link here as soon as it is online.
It's here!
https://bitmine.ch/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bitmine-CoinCraft-A1.pdf

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
GandalfG

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

Dig your freedom

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:38:05 PM

It's here!
Thx Dexter.
Time to order samples.

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:40:46 PM

It's here!

How did you dig that out? That's not including the latest review results and most probably will be removed from that location soon, but ok: there it is Smiley

GandalfG

Activity: 259

Dig your freedom

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:53:05 PM

It's here!

How did you dig that out? That's not including the latest review results and most probably will be removed from that location soon, but ok: there it is Smiley
Not only documentation are went online. Bitmine start collecting order for chip https://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-ai-asic

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
Dexter770221
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:56:04 PM

It's here!

Maybe they uploaded a wrong one Wink
Link is on this site:
https://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863

Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:38:44 PM

It's here!

Maybe they uploaded a wrong one Wink
Link is on this site:
https://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863

Ah, no - my mistake then. I looked at only one location I knew I fixed and noticed it is still there, that's why I assumed it is an outdated version.

Nevertheless, as the water mark indicates, this is WIP and will be updated based on the community's feedback.

One thing I noticed immediately is a leftover from previous versions in section 4.6. Write the job to individual chip and start the computation. First the input interface was planned to have a queue of two work items, but was then modified to have a descriptor ring for 4 entries. So don't get confused by the last paragraph in this section and just ignore it.

If you find other issues or want to provide feedback, feel free to post it here or contact me via PM. I will collect and forward everything to Bitmine and help to establish the best chip frontend interface around Wink

Happy DIY designing!

intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:47:33 PM

It's here!

Anyone an idea what the pin numbering is on this chip?

intron
savetree

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:09:41 PM

This documentation is incomplete and not usefull at all. There is no pin numbering and no info about power pins...
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:13:28 PM

Anyone an idea what the pin numbering is on this chip?

intron

Maybe not quite irrelevant Wink and added to TODO list:
Code:
TODOs for Coincraft A1 preliminary datasheet v0.1.A
* remove last paragraph in 4.6.
* provide pin numbering

Dexter770221
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:09:12 PM

No pin for I/O power? What voltage is accepted for I/O pins (and what voltage is at output?)  0,7V level shifter @ 20MHz dosn't sound promising…

intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:25:59 PM

No pin for I/O power? What voltage is accepted for I/O pins (and what voltage is at output?)  0,7V level shifter @ 20MHz dosn't sound promising…

That's what I mean:) Hopefully the inputs are 3V3 tolerant
and can be directly driven by a processor.

And the outgoing SPI signals have just the Vcore levels?

But at least we have a footprint, looks nice these power bars:)

intron
Dexter770221
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:07:06 PM

Another thing,  flip chip package and plastic on top of the chip…  It's just wasting a potencial..

zulunation

Activity: 335

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:42:39 AM

Does the chip has internal oscillator?
There is IN_CLOCK pin. Does the chip requires an external generator?
Dexter770221
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:55:53 AM

Does the chip has internal oscillator?
There is IN_CLOCK pin. Does the chip requires an external generator?
There's PLL inside, no clock generator. But docu dosn't say much what paramaters are for that PLL, so it's impossible to guess what will be clock frequency needed to achieve 1GH.

giorgiomassa

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:47:54 PM

Sorry about that, we're going to update the info very soon, also we did some last minute changes to the packaging which wasn't finalized yet but now is to achieve even more power supply pin pad area.

Tomorrow a new version of the datasheet will be released with the required information!

Btw, IOs are all 1V8 and there's a pin for VREF (but there's no info on it in the first verisone of the datasheet yet).  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: