Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox funds (i got tired of waiting)  (Read 2547 times)
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:18:53 PM

Long story short I got tired of waiting for weeks to get my money out. I cashed out...sent them nice email and asked for my money back but BTC from them then sent them to my wallet.

Can anyone recommend another website or trading platform to exchange my coins and transfer the funds to my bank? I am from USA.

Thanks in advance!
I also suffered with MT.GOX , I have been wait more than 2 months , and when I sold my BTC, the price is only 102 USD per one, it is 130USD per one.

I just want to know , Does Mt.gox exchanged your USD to BTC and  back it to your wallet? and  what the price they used to change your USD to BTC? The price when you sold the coins or the price's right now?

Regard

They won't give you your BTC back at the price you sold them. Maybe they should but they don't. You have to buy them back at current price.
This really sucks~~!!!! It will easily makes me loss another 10% of the value~~

Join the club. I was forced to do the same thing myself. Sold some BTC at $100 and withdrew and after getting sick of waiting months I had to buy back at $145. My loss was even higher.

I hope you get sold your coins above $145~~ this will be much better, anyway how long time did you wait?

You have to ask them in support case or in chat to cancel withdrawal. After they do that you will see the funds in your account and you can purchase coins. If you catch them on live support takes only minutes. BTC withdrawal from exchange can take up to 1 day.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:57:13 AM

Long story short I got tired of waiting for weeks to get my money out. I cashed out...sent them nice email and asked for my money back but BTC from them then sent them to my wallet.

Can anyone recommend another website or trading platform to exchange my coins and transfer the funds to my bank? I am from USA.

Thanks in advance!
I also suffered with MT.GOX , I have been wait more than 2 months , and when I sold my BTC, the price is only 102 USD per one, it is 130USD per one.

I just want to know , Does Mt.gox exchanged your USD to BTC and  back it to your wallet? and  what the price they used to change your USD to BTC? The price when you sold the coins or the price's right now?

Regard

They won't give you your BTC back at the price you sold them. Maybe they should but they don't. You have to buy them back at current price.
This really sucks~~!!!! It will easily makes me loss another 10% of the value~~

Join the club. I was forced to do the same thing myself. Sold some BTC at $100 and withdrew and after getting sick of waiting months I had to buy back at $145. My loss was even higher.

I hope you get sold your coins above $145~~ this will be much better, anyway how long time did you wait?

You have to ask them in support case or in chat to cancel withdrawal. After they do that you will see the funds in your account and you can purchase coins. If you catch them on live support takes only minutes. BTC withdrawal from exchange can take up to 1 day.
I did ask them in the email :' please tell me, how long I am going to wait ...a months ,couple of months or a year... I can get prepare for it~~~'
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:14:12 AM

I'm of the impression that mt.Gox is not paying out to anyone and has not for several moths. So I have decided to write the Japanese authorities for financial crimes!

This is in no way a civil suit, just a letter of attention that this company is taking peoples money under false pretence.

Is the owner of mt.Gox still Mark Kapels, or are there others in the management worth mentioning in such a letter?
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:52:32 AM

I'm of the impression that mt.Gox is not paying out to anyone and has not for several moths. So I have decided to write the Japanese authorities for financial crimes!

This is in no way a civil suit, just a letter of attention that this company is taking peoples money under false pretence.

Is the owner of mt.Gox still Mark Kapels, or are there others in the management worth mentioning in such a letter?

I am strongly support on you ,but will this letter cause owner run away?Huh OMG...I still got a lot of money in his website....
Luno

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:38:22 AM

Thats a risk, but their practice of taking deposits speedily but not paying out will make a lot more people loose their money.

As Mt.Gox still is the price setter (or are they?) this situation is actually hampering the development of Bitcoin and it's credibility if the community doesn't react.

They can declare bankruptcy, but they cant run. Japan is quite serious about white collar crime, especially from Ganjins.

As I mentioned earlier, I strongly suspect that they are getting audited, but this is different, it's fraud.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:23:43 AM

Thats a risk, but their practice of taking deposits speedily but not paying out will make a lot more people loose their money.

As Mt.Gox still is the price setter (or are they?) this situation is actually hampering the development of Bitcoin and it's credibility if the community doesn't react.

They can declare bankruptcy, but they cant run. Japan is quite serious about white collar crime, especially from Ganjins.

As I mentioned earlier, I strongly suspect that they are getting audited, but this is different, it's fraud.

Anyway , I am going to give them another month, because the current price will make me lost too much...may be if this situation isn't changing after that time , I will consider to change my USD back to BTC... Sad
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:10:34 PM

Not so much any more.  People have switched, including blockchain.info, iirc.

Luno

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:28:07 PM

Possible outcomes:
They get their shit together?
They remain a niche exchange trading Bitcoin at elevated spread?
They get bought by ...?
They try the Trendon Shavers trick.
They are actually trying to save Bitcoin from being cornered by the invisible hand  of  global banking and  we should all be grateful and not ask to many questions?
They have become a CIA puppet in fear of criminal charges and are holding funds later to be seized?
The Japanese tax man is carrying boxes of documents out the door as we speak?

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:54:47 PM

Possible outcomes:
They get their shit together?
They remain a niche exchange trading Bitcoin at elevated spread?
They get bought by ...?
They try the Trendon Shavers trick.
They are actually trying to save Bitcoin from being cornered by the invisible hand  of  global banking and  we should all be grateful and not ask to many questions?
They have become a CIA puppet in fear of criminal charges and are holding funds later to be seized?
The Japanese tax man is carrying boxes of documents out the door as we speak?

better not,if they got crushed , I got fucked...no doubt , I really don't want to get my coin back at this price!
Luno

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:07:27 PM

After a few days considering my options, I'm actually not sure if there is much to do other than crossing my fingers.

I did actually wait since early June (early May if I include the time taken to set up my withdraw method with Gox) and had gotten nowhere at the end of August, where I cancelled. So I'm wondering; why they haven’t made an agreement with another exchange? They could have easily bought Bitcoins with customer funds and sold them on another exchange like Bitstamp and withdrawing those to their bank account and then paying out to their customers. To their bank it would just have been money in, money out, nothing that would have raised any eyebrows ?

Are they still taking bank deposits from new customers? If they are still accepting deposits they can't be in dire with their bank because of the law, as AML/KYC non compliance or any official legislator. They would not allow deposits if they were in anyway suspect of a crime?

Maybe it's their bank which is turning the thumb screws, revoking their credit or putting a squeeze on them for whatever reason banks do that, reasonable or not. Then it becomes us, the customers that act as a credit issuer!!!

I've threatened a few posts back to report them to the Japanese police, but that would not help anyone, including myself getting money out of them (as another poster pointed out to me).

On the other hand, the guys running Gox are pretty much key figures in Bitcoin too, so if they intent to run, all their Bitcoins (and everyone elses) could be worth very little if the law decides that Bitcoin has become a cesspool indistinguishable  from they main torch bearers of Bitcoin.

If they fold, criminal charges will follow together with a joint suit from stripped customers. That's a fact!!!

Running with our money in fiat is also hard the way international banking works nowadays.

All in all, everybody’s best interest right now, all parties included, is that Gox recover from it's illness. There really isn't any other option for the management. So in a sense, they are under enormous pressure to get things fixed and I think they are fully aware of that.

So I'm crossing my fingers.

tskweres

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:27:41 PM

Hey man, try us - https://www.coinmkt.com/#/

We're in public beta and trading real money. USD & 7 cryptocurrencies.

We do our best to be stellar with support, if you have any issues email us support@coinmkt.com

Travis Skweres
CEO - Coin Market
https://www.coinmkt.com/
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:31:48 AM

Bitstamp.net works like a charm

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smitelrh

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:54:31 AM

agree,Bitstamp will work just fine
KSV

Activity: 398

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 12:07:48 PM