Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to exchange mined altcoins to ETH (without using trading exchange)  (Read 195 times)
zorgus (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:17:52 PM

How can I exchange my mined "shit" coins for BTC,ETH or LTC... without having to trade them on an exchange market place ?

Let's say you mine an altcoin for 1 month and you get a large quantity of them, so large that no exchange platform can handle the sale of your coins as the daily volume is way too low (for ex you have 2000 coins and daily volume on tradesatoshi or stocks.exchange is like 200).
You can't sell your coins or your order will fill the order book (might take days or might drop the exchange rate).

Some says there is "a way" to switch your coins for ETH (for ex) without having to worry about the volume.

Can anyone here share alternative solution to do so ?

Thanks for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:19:34 PM

https://shapeshift.io
sir_blacks

Activity: 119
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:22:15 PM

for what you ask there are 2 option:

A. https://changelly.com/

B. https://shapeshift.io/

with one is best & can be 100% good one i will not try to came with pro & bad thing i will let you to do some research & see what is best for you

cheers
zorgus (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:24:07 PM

for what you ask there are 2 option:

A. https://changelly.com/

B. https://shapeshift.io/

with one is best & can be 100% good one i will not try to came with pro & bad thing i will let you to do some research & see what is best for you

cheers

Checked that but not an option: too few coins (I'm talking about really small and relatively "new" coins like for ex: DIN, DSR, INN, GOA, VOT, CRC etc etc...)

But thanks though Smiley
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:28:02 PM

There isn't a really good option to trade shitcoins for something more respectable outside of an exchange, and the shittiest of shitcoins are on the shittiest of exchanges (I'm looking at you, stocks.exchange).

So if you want the high spikes in profitability that only a shitcoin can deliver the best option is probably to mine the algorithm on a multi-algo, auto-switching pool like Zpool, MiningPoolHub, HashRefinery, etc., and have it automatically convert to ETH or BTC.

ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:33:06 PM

you could go for atomic swaps. I follow a project called bitcoin atom for some time, it's actually a fork of btc. They just published a guide and have atomic swaps working, although it's only for more experienced users as there is no proper gui yet. But it's coming. check the info at https://medium.com/@bitcoinatom/q-a-bitcoin-atom-under-the-hood-68923e9021df

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
sir_blacks

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:51:59 PM

Before start mine any coin shitcoin, main or future pro one it require to doo some research.

1. what wallet option it have implement own, web, coinomi, jaxx, exodus ?
2. in what exchange are available to be trade
3. what road map they have like future ...
4. what background they have ...

just mine with out keep in mind few thing & hope to get profit, it can be turn on in a bad result aka shit situation (shitcoin)

if changelly, shapeshift can't be use & pool like MiningPoolHub, Zpool, HashRefinery (how @MagicSmoker suggested) they don't have them ... then is best to not waste time to mine all what is appear from sky & believe it will bring a hit Smiley yes miracle it can happen but they are rare Smiley that is call "miracle"

in end that's a exchange it do > give option to trade A for B, yes i know exchange have strict politics & ruls to can be use Smiley & probabil that you ask for an alternative Smiley

cheers
Tymified

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:07:33 PM

There isn't a really good option to trade shitcoins for something more respectable outside of an exchange, and the shittiest of shitcoins are on the shittiest of exchanges (I'm looking at you, stocks.exchange).

Died laughing at this! Cheesy Cheesy
schpuns

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:13:35 PM

Thanks Daddy  sir_blacks   Wink Wink Wink

maybe I explained myself not clearly. Let's cut the "before you should blablabla".

You can also mine an altcoin to bet on a future pump/jump. I've read from some experienced miners that they could exchange their altcoins for ETH without having to sell them on a trading exchange. That's a fact.

One of this miner doesn't want to share "how" but he claims there is an "other way", and says that I should look by myself, which I've been doing but couldn't find (yet) the alternative way.

Is masternode could have somthething to do with it ?
sir_blacks

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:22:21 PM

Thanks Daddy  sir_blacks   Wink Wink Wink

maybe I explained myself not clearly. Let's cut the "before you should blablabla".

You can also mine an altcoin to bet on a future pump/jump. I've read from some experienced miners that they could exchange their altcoins for ETH without having to sell them on a trading exchange. That's a fact.

One of this miner doesn't want to share "how" but he claims there is an "other way", and says that I should look by myself, which I've been doing but couldn't find (yet) the alternative way.

Is masternode could have somthething to do with it ?

well i not know who you are & what you speak when you say "maybe I explained myself not clearly" but for sure when you say "Let's cut the "before you should blablabla"." like fact or small detail it not count then for sure i wish you good luck in what ever you want to find & prove ...

daddy is out to drink beer & have fun
cheers
schpuns

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:36:45 PM

Please don't take it personally, I was joking because I asked about one specific thing, at the very end of the mining process (converting to $$$) and you started to explain how I should select the coins I mine at first place Smiley

I appreciate, but that was not the point of my question, thank you anyway, I hope your beer was good !  Cheesy

What IF there is another way? Don't you think it worth looking for it?

Take Nicehash for ex: pointing your rig to a specific algorythm stratum make you get BTC: do you really think they "sell in real time" any coins/blocks found for BTC so they can pay you ?
What do they do with all these altcoins they mine (their system auto switch to the most profitable coin) ? I guess it's huge volume and I can't "see it" on shitty exchange like stocks.exchange or so....

Just trying to open your minds, in this crypto world we learn every single day (at least I do!)

Cheers Smiley
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:52:38 PM

Take Nicehash for ex: pointing your rig to a specific algorythm stratum make you get BTC: do you really think they "sell in real time" any coins/blocks found for BTC so they can pay you ?
What do they do with all these altcoins they mine (their system auto switch to the most profitable coin) ? I guess it's huge volume and I can't "see it" on shitty exchange like stocks.exchange or so....

NiceHash doesn't actually mine coins, and neither do you when you "mine" for them. What actually happens when you mine for NiceHash is they resell your hashpower to whomever wants to buy it. So NH is just a middleman between someone who wants to buy, say, 10 kH/s of Cryptonight mining, and whatever rigs it selects among the thousands connected to it to generate that 10 kH/s.

NiceHash gets paid by buyers of hashing power in BTC, keeps some for themselves, then pays out the providers of hashing power with a little bit less BTC.

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

that's the main problems with s***coins, yes. if no one wants them, then you can't sell them. that's kinda sorta how everything works.

like honestly, what were you hoping for? that even though no one wanted to buy all those coins, as evidenced by the lack of buyers on exchanges, that somehow there would be, what, like a machine that buys them? Or some kind of magic program that spits out Bitcoins in exchange for any s***coins?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: