Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice for the RX 470 cards mining  (Read 113 times)
AngelSky (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:33:02 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 02:31:16 PM by AngelSky

Hi bros, I own the Rx 470 4 GB, 6 cards rig. I would like to know which coins best to choose for mining. As of now I am mining crypto night, equihash and ethereum with the awesome miner.
I see hash power reduced to 16 MH per card but previously it gives around 22 MH per card so what would be expected cause of this fall of hash power? Experts share some suggestion.

My friend suggest me go with the nice hash mining even this also providing me a 16 MH only so tell if I change the os or other other mining software would be acceptable?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:45:06 PM

You need to use the AMD blockchain drivers or the latest Adrenaline drivers and switch to Compute mode from Graphics mode in AMD settings. That will apply the AMD epoch Dag size fix and give you the hash rate you had before the Dag got over 2GB.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:18:24 AM

Dag Epoch effected to Polaris cards, so do this:
You need to use the AMD blockchain drivers or the latest Adrenaline drivers and switch to Compute mode from Graphics mode in AMD settings. That will apply the AMD epoch Dag size fix and give you the hash rate you had before the Dag got over 2GB.

You could try to modifications your bios cards for the best Polaris cards performance. Polaris bios mod do by almost every miner. But if you are happy enough with stock bios, it's okay.
AngelSky (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

From the workload tab, please confirm which one I have to choose for high performance since my hashes dropped almost 6 MH.

You could try to modifications your bios cards for the best Polaris cards performance. Polaris bios mod do by almost every miner. But if you are happy enough with stock bios, it's okay.

When the time initialize the awesome miner. Initially in the prompt page I find the message saying 4xx crimson polaris is recommended. Since I am newbie to the mining field. I am not sure what bios modification you are mentioning here. Please elaborate me bro.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:05:17 PM

From the workload tab, please confirm which one I have to choose for high performance since my hashes dropped almost 6 MH.

When the time initialize the awesome miner. Initially in the prompt page I find the message saying 4xx crimson polaris is recommended. Since I am newbie to the mining field. I am not sure what bios modification you are mentioning here. Please elaborate me bro.
this day, your 470 4 GB can reach almost around 27-29 MH/s on Ethash with modded bios. globally bios modification mean replace original conditions of your bios cards. we would change a few thing on it such as timing strap, voltage etc.

a simple way to do it :
1. you need to download Atiflash, Polaris bios editor, Pixel clock patcher (atikmdag patcher).

2. Save your original bios using Atiflash, duplicate it, one as your backup if something bad happened. and another one you would modification it on Polaris bios editor.

3. Open your Polaris Bios Editor (PBE), I suggest using Version 1.6.2 or above with one click modification (since you didn't have much experience on it).

4. Save your Modded bios and then flash it using Atiflash to your cards.

5.  Use atikmdag patcher for handling bios signature, So the system would recognize your device.
leonix007

Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:17:59 PM

this day, your 470 4 GB can reach almost around 27-29 MH/s on Ethash with modded bios. globally bios modification mean replace original conditions of your bios cards. we would change a few thing on it such as timing strap, voltage etc.

a simple way to do it :
1. you need to download Atiflash, Polaris bios editor, Pixel clock patcher (atikmdag patcher).

2. Save your original bios using Atiflash, duplicate it, one as your backup if something bad happened. and another one you would modification it on Polaris bios editor.

3. Open your Polaris Bios Editor (PBE), I suggest using Version 1.6.2 or above with one click modification (since you didn't have much experience on it).

4. Save your Modded bios and then flash it using Atiflash to your cards.

5.  Use atikmdag patcher for handling bios signature, So the system would recognize your device.

A much detailed tutorials here, Kudos to Mattthev

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0

Take note of the requirements, especially drivers and clocks, check also your GPU as it has something to do with the straps/timings

zokilnmet

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

My results in mining by this card:
Eth            24.1 MH/s ±5%. Return Per Day - $ 1.24
Zcash   261.9 SOL/s ±5%
Bitcoin   496.2 MH/s ±5%
AngelSky (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:03:07 PM

Thanks for your suggestion guys. It is really helpful to me. I ll try these today night. If there is any clarification needed. I will text back here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: