Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot Whale signs and signs of a coming crash?  (Read 175 times)
Lei04 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:20:34 PM

How to spot Whale signs and signs of a coming crash?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:49:42 PM

A lot of traded pattern or graph method to know whether they should buy token or sell them, but of course this is all just prediction made by people. You can't really tell whether the coin will crush or not, but you should try to check https://www.tradingview.com/chart/ you will see a lot of people showing you graphs of their predictions.
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:57:53 PM

Most whales like to brag about how many coins they have, so you may want to see what they say on Twitter.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
hazznel

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:06:32 PM

Check the twitter profile of the whales that invested in crypto and you should have your answer there.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:10:10 PM

Most whales like to brag about how many coins they have, so you may want to see what they say on Twitter.
This would also bring up a lot of false positives just because a lot of people aren't 100% honest when it comes to their finances and if they do have a lot of coins, then they could be trying to influence the market themselves through their followers causing panic selling/buying.

There's really no definitive way to determine if a whale is going to be dumping is coins or investing.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:16:05 PM

This would also bring up a lot of false positives just because a lot of people aren't 100% honest when it comes to their finances and if they do have a lot of coins, then they could be trying to influence the market themselves through their followers causing panic selling/buying.

There's really no definitive way to determine if a whale is going to be dumping is coins or investing.

Too risky to depend on any whales for your decision making cause we cannot say that they are telling the truth or they just want people to panic. For me better to make your own study, invest on great coins and whales will come for sure cause its a great coin and worth investing for. Technical analysis can help you decide when to buy and sell, just keep on learning.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:42:08 AM

Whales do this? I'm pretty sure most of them would rather blend in the background to avoid being a target. I'm not saying whales wouldn't brag, but most of the noisy ones are probably not real whales. Pay too much attention to them and you may be used for a pump and dump scheme or something similar.

This. Whales can make money by moving the market, and it would be against their best interests if the sheep knew when to HODL or dump. If they're making obvious moves, they're probably manipulating you. Roger Ver took advantage of this by moving his coins to an exchange when the original Segwit2x was cancelled, leading more people to sell amidst fears of a price slide.

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:58:28 PM

Maybe some whales do this but I think it is way more likely whales will try to not bring attention to themselves, there has been news recently of thieves attacking bitcoin users with violence and this is a pattern that is going to happen more frequently, the last thing you want if you are a whale is to have your identity linked to a huge amount of coins, your psychical integrity and your family could be at risk because of it.
maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:03:33 PM

I don't think it's possible to perfectly predict. Sometimes you might get lucky enough to spot it but to lay out rules for that would be not accurate as it's not possible in my humble opinion.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:12:45 PM

Well, like the people above me said, its no other thing than following them on twitter or any social media platform and watch their recent update. But the truth still remains that most updates from popular whales can still be missing leading because cryptocurrencies are most times kind of difficult to predict. As you follow them, also trust your own instinct. Never underestimate your guts.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:32:44 PM

I don't think it's possible to perfectly predict. Sometimes you might get lucky enough to spot it but to lay out rules for that would be not accurate as it's not possible in my humble opinion.

I think so too. You can rely on TA, try to follow MACD, but these things work only when it's already crashing (and even then, not always). The recent correction was almost ideal when you were following fibonacci retracements. I'm always setting up my buys a bit above the predicted bottom and this time it was very easy to catch some cheap coins. I did well with ETH and BTC. LTC was being quite FUD proof this time and lost much less than people were hoping for.
I still think that the main factor is the political situation followed by the news. If bad news are followed by another wave of bad news, it's possible to break low supports and go deeper than the TA would suggest. At the same time if good news follow good news during a bull run you can expect a new high.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███