Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Right... Played with reg files, now Windoze won't boot...  (Read 161 times)
dragonmike (OP)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:53:30 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 04:30:18 PM by dragonmike

Guess I set GPU voltages too low. Or whatever. Anyway now Win10 will not start. What are my options?

I have a 6x Vega rig on Onda D1800. Access to the rig is difficult so the less I physically have to tamper with it, the better. Would flicking the secondary bios switch make Windows recognise it as a new GPU (and generate a new reg entry)?

Or will I have to reinstall Win10?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
insider00

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:09:18 PM

plug out all gpus, motherboard battery, turn your motherboard on wait few sec then turn it off and put the battery back, go to safe mode, uninstall gpu drivers, then turn off, plug your gpus go to safe mode to flash new bios or using normal mode
dragonmike (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

plug out all gpus, motherboard battery, turn your motherboard on wait few sec then turn it off and put the battery back, go to safe mode, uninstall gpu drivers, then turn off, plug your gpus go to safe mode to flash new bios or using normal mode
Urgh... That's the radical solution. Was hoping I could do without...
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:03:50 PM

How about Start up repair?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10-wont-boot-startup-repair-bootrec/
dragonmike (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:33:10 PM

Does not work over teamviewer. Would have to hook up monitor and keyboard... 😑
dragonmike (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:30:08 PM

Would flicking the secondary bios switch make Windows recognise it as a new GPU (and generate a new reg entry)?
Bloody hell it didn't. Guess I'll have to do it the long way... Sad Sad Sad
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:35:39 AM

Guess I set GPU voltages too low. Or whatever. Anyway now Win10 will not start. What are my options?

Didn't boot when GPUs plugged? Means without GPUs on it your system worked?

Does not work over teamviewer. Would have to hook up monitor and keyboard... 😑

Means your system worked but with blank screen? Or you put your rig in somewhere else?
Just tried to make it clear. It seems people above have mentioned a good advice.

If cards bios switching worked, that's good. If it didn't work, seems you need to do a CMOS reset and unplug all of your cards (like mentioned above). Try to boot with one card only, you are using Onda D1800, so it more simple, cause you put all card directly to PCIe 16x on board. Will not affected by many cables on the rig such as miners that were using a Risers. If possible, use a small card just to test (if you have it). Clean the driver and tune-up utility (if you were installing it), turn off your rig. Try with only one Vega first, if it works, plug another Vega, one by one would be better.

dragonmike (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:13:20 PM

I ended up plugging in keyboard, monitor and usb stick with windows from media creation tool and managed to restore it from the last restore point that was done as I last used DDU (which fortunately was two days ago)!

So no need to unplug gpus or reset the board fortunately.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: