Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Above Legendary Rank  (Read 398 times)
trademark (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:24:53 AM

Hi Theymos and BCT team,

Are there any plans to create a rank that is above the Legendary rank?  Possibly call it "Satoshi"  or "Nakamoto" as he is the MAN in this industry.  Just a thought and something for Legendary members like myself to look forward to. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shailkumari

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:56:32 AM

Hi Theymos and BCT team,

Are there any plans to create a rank that is above the Legendary rank?  Possibly call it "Satoshi"  or "Nakamoto" as he is the MAN in this industry.  Just a thought and something for Legendary members like myself to look forward to. 

Admin has not mentioned such a change in the official thread and comments. However, if this is introduced, it will be good for the forum. It will compel legendary members to also post quality content if they want to rank up. However, a better solution in my opinion is that all ranks should have requirements like getting fixed number of merits per year or they loose the current rank.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:58:38 AM

i dont believe in this satochi nakamoto story but what the profit of adding another rank ? i think its uselless i think they should change merit setting example for hero you need 250 merit 500 activity that would be a lot eazier to achieve than 500 merit ( you wont get merit anyway)

Free palestine
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:02:22 AM
Merited by Caesar Cung (1), Junglee (1), sollahp (1), racistyui (1)

Hi Theymos and BCT team,

"Satoshi" and "Nakamoto" is a name of a person so i don't think it's a good choice for naming a rank. I think it's better with somethings like "Ancient" or "Bitcoin Slave" (LOL). Even through theymos should adds 2 more rank for encouraging people to contribute for this forum. Legendaries should be the main core of this forum and they will need a goal target to force them contributing.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:46:01 AM
Merited by Kemarit (1)

I suggested LAMP ( Legendary Awarded Merit Points) - A legendary member who has brought light to the forum, and has been awarded merit points. Smiley It would need to be a bit ambitious though - at least 2,000 points and possibly even 5,000. 1,000 would be the initial award, but the rest would have to be earned.

Maybe they could be allowed to include a self-hosted jpeg or png banner in their sig as a reward,

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:16:23 AM

I think it'll be useless rank, there are already a good number of ranks and after merit system I think adding another rank will be not good option.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
shushanika

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:31:54 AM
Merited by gopaljiverma (1)

I think it'll be useless rank, there are already a good number of ranks and after merit system I think adding another rank will be not good option.

What is the motivation for a current legendary member to make quality posts then. I agree that most of the senior members are mature and understand the rules. But there are some who got lucky and achieved this rank because they had the activity at the time of merit system. Such members also need to be tested to maintain quality in posts on this forum.
mrdrumspin

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:09:00 PM

I agree. We do not really need additional ranks here, or expanding the existing ones. We just need users who contribute to the community instead of profiting from it only. I am saying this because there is a ton of useful information but man, you have to dig through tons of trash to get to read something useful. When i said contribute i did not mean financially. The most useful things in my opinion are the experiences people had and shared. But we dont really need a new rank for that, because regardless of rank you can post useful information.
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:36:23 PM

Hi Theymos and BCT team,

"Satoshi" and "Nakamoto" is a name of a person so i don't think it's a good choice for naming a rank. I think it's better with somethings like "Ancient" or "Bitcoin Slave" (LOL). Even through theymos should adds 2 more rank for encouraging people to contribute for this forum. Legendaries should be the main core of this forum and they will need a goal target to force them contributing.

Agree with you. Maybe something like "Elite Member", "Master", "Pro Member" or something is more appropriate.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:13:46 AM

i dont believe in this satochi nakamoto story but what the profit of adding another rank ? i think its uselless i think they should change merit setting example for hero you need 250 merit 500 activity that would be a lot eazier to achieve than 500 merit ( you wont get merit anyway)
First of all, Satoshi, not Satochi. Even newbies should know how to spell Bitcoin creators' name.
Explain my, why theymos should lower requirements for certain ranks? High ranks like Hero or Legendary aren't supposed to be easy achievable, you have to deserve it. We already have enough users who reached high ranks before introducing merit system by making low quality posts.
If you aren't getting any Merit, that's your problem and it means that you are doing something wrong.

I would like to see new high rank added. Now there are so many Legendary members on Bitcointalk that this rank aren't exclusive anymore. And there are some users who are contributing here for long and maybe they deserved to reach special rank.
But no, not Satoshi. First of all, because only one person can be called Satoshi. Secondly, because this name aren't related to current ranks in any way. Maybe we could call them "Extraordinary" or sth similar?

gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:30:22 AM

I would like to see new high rank added. Now there are so many Legendary members on Bitcointalk that this rank aren't exclusive anymore. And there are some users who are contributing here for long and maybe they deserved to reach special rank.
But no, not Satoshi. First of all, because only one person can be called Satoshi. Secondly, because this name aren't related to current ranks in any way. Maybe we could call them "Extraordinary" or sth similar?

On most of the websites that offer points or ranks for posts, there is requirement like getting certain number of posts per year maintain rank. This is better solution than just adding one rank above legendary in my opinion.
BluberryBTC

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:07:16 AM

It would be too demoralizing to add a rank above legendary, especially with the added merit system. If a higher rank is added, the other rank requirements should be lowered a little.
bitcoinl0ver1337

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:35:07 AM

On most of the websites that offer points or ranks for posts, there is requirement like getting certain number of posts per year maintain rank. This is better solution than just adding one rank above legendary in my opinion.

I support this. Just because someone has a high rank it doesn't mean they should keep it if they are no longer active. Bitcoin and the crypto world is constantly changing and high ranks need to keep up with those changes.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:08:05 AM

I think word "Legendary" already brings in itself meaning of something top and super high. I really do not understand where do you plan to raise higher here! Grin but as I see rules can be changed with time, so, who knows, maybe your dream will come true one day  Smiley
nhamoitruonghoc

Activity: 104
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:01:56 AM
Merited by ducdr (1)

I think better option is releasing new measurement, we can call it like Advantage point (only named suddenly, we can choose more appropriate name for it). The new one will allow new users fight with older users (mostly higher ranked users) in campaigns. My ideas come from the question "Why more constructive newly, lower-ranked users can not be as competitive as older, higher-ranked users; or more competitive than older, higher-ranked users. I believe they deserve the right if they are really constructive. There are lots of higher-ranked users only ranked up and stayed at their current ranks by luckiness before merit system launched. We should have something new to help newly, lower-ranked users take advantage in the forum and, by the way, give them motivations to keep contributing.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2875

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:53:39 PM

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄