Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:42:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: overwhelming consensus excludes Lauda, remains in DT2, went in2 buz w sold act  (Read 11871 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:23:49 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 06:46:46 AM by Quickseller
Merited by termion (1), Lieldoryn (1), CoolWave (1), toolbox (1)

Now that lauda has been excluded from the Default Trust network due to three people trusted directly by DefaultTrust have excluded Lauda from their trust lists, I am calling on Blazed and hilariousandco to also remove Lauda from their trust lists.

Lauda is not someone who should be trusted by the community, between the trolling those who dispute his ratings, the extortion, the apparent pill addiction (that he has not denied) and other shady dealings, he is not someone who should have any kind of authority.

Some have argued that despite his overall very shadiness, Lauda is a net benefit to the community (which is a flawed reasoning), however many very reputable people in the community clearly disagree.

I would argue that if either Blazed or hilariousandco does not remove Lauda from their trust list in light of the above, they should be removed from being trusted directly by DefaultTrust.

edit:
Why don’t you give one example of a public serious conversation about one of your trust ratings from the past month?
There wasn't a single serious complaint, thus a serious conversation couldn't have occurred.

I think this statement proves my point pretty well.

I would like to hear both blazed and hilariousandco say they condone this kind of attitude and behavior because that is what they are doing by keeping lauda on their trust lists.
Do blazed and hilariousandco agree with the above attitude?

edit2: as of the last trust dump, nearly 100 people have excluded lauda from their trust lists. It is clearly the will of the community for laudas ratings to not show up by default. Will blazed, hilariousandco and salty follow the will of the community?

edit3: it appears as if at least 6 purchased accounts have added to lauda to their trust list, all owned by the same person.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:38:04 AM

Oh come on..
You have got to be kidding me. First,The Pharmacist and now Lauda?
Who's next?
Also who is the third member after OgNasty and Tomatocage?Theymos?

But seriously why remove the most active DT member who is always on the verge to tag untrustworthy members from DT? Am I the only who finds it really fishy? Yeah Lauda might have done some *shady* things in the past but helping the community has beat all those things in the past?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:38:39 AM

Let's see.. number of valid exclusions: N/A. Tomatocage just copied (most of) OgNasty's exclusions:

TMAN
Lauda
aTriz
minifrij
owlcatz
Zepher
The Pharmacist
Roll Eyes

Long live the scammers paradise now, I guess.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:45:00 AM

HostFat

But seriously why remove the most active DT member who is always on the verge to tag untrustworthy members from DT?
He is very shady, is not transparent in his ratings, ignores requests to appeal negative ratings, has questionable judgement....the list goes on.

He also does not leave negative trust against untrustworthy people (although some may be untrustworthy), he leaves negative trust for arbitrary reasons.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:47:49 AM

HostFat
HostFat excluded me because of my statements, and later ratings on bcash scammers (ratings which theymos said were valid to leave). Cheesy [1]

He is very shady, is not transparent in his ratings, ignores requests to appeal negative ratings, has questionable judgement....the list goes on.

He also does not leave negative trust against untrustworthy people (although some may be untrustworthy), he leaves negative trust for arbitrary reasons.
All of those are petty lies. Grow up already.

[1] A rather nice example of the inherent flaws of the current DT1 setup. If I were to remove those ratings, it is not unlikely that my exclusion would be lifted (as it was on-and-off in the past). No thanks though.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:56:28 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 06:04:52 PM by pugman

HostFat
How do you see who has excluded who in their trust lists? I am a noob in this.

From what I have seen:
1) He ignores only those users who constantly message and bug him for *removing* the negative trusts they deserve. Yes,there are exceptions to anything and everything(my own theory Cheesy) but most of them do deserve it.
2) Transparent in his rating? He clearly justifies why he has given a rating if there are no references.
3) Every body's judgement at one point or the other becomes questionable,but the community can help that judgement to be effective much.
4)
I am not sure if I am going to agree on this,I am no expert in knowing everything,so I won't arrive on biased conclusions. But from what I have seen ,none of them seem to be true. And do explain which arbitrary reasons has Lauda left the feedback for. Smiley

aTriz_alt

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:56:40 AM

Let's see.. number of valid exclusions: N/A. Tomatocage just copied (most of) OgNasty's exclusions:

TMAN
Lauda
aTriz
minifrij
owlcatz
Zepher
The Pharmacist
Roll Eyes

Long live the scammers paradise now, I guess.
The fact owlcatz (who is a person who stays out of drama) shows how bs these actions are.

HostFat

But seriously why remove the most active DT member who is always on the verge to tag untrustworthy members from DT?

stfu virgin
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:15:40 AM

How do you see who has excluded who in their trust lists? I am in noob in this.
Jump into hierarchal view in your trust settings and you can check exclusions by DT{0, 1, ..., n-1} members (where n = depth).
Hm... Should I now take a look at the valid negative ratings in order to prevent scammers from resurfacing now?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:17:09 AM

Hm... Should I now take a look at the valid negative ratings in order to prevent scammers from resurfacing now?
With over (I believe) 1500 ratings left, good luck with that. You'd be playing whack-a-mole unless you tag almost all of them.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:27:54 AM

With over (I believe) 1500 ratings left, good luck with that. You'd be playing whack-a-mole unless you tag almost all of them.
Assuming it takes 4 minutes per rating to investigate the validity of the reference and tag, that's 100 hours of work. On just the ratings. :/
It's a huge timesink even with some rating overflow from other DT users.

pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:40:38 AM

How do you see who has excluded who in their trust lists? I am in noob in this.
Jump into hierarchal view in your trust settings and you can check exclusions by DT{0, 1, ..., n-1} members (where n = depth).
Hmm.. It should take a few hours(excluding the time spent offline) but thanks.
Assuming it takes 4 minutes per rating to investigate the validity of the reference and tag, that's 100 hours of work. On just the ratings. :/
Or you could delegate or ask some other DT member like say ibminer to split the task.  Huh

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:42:14 AM

Indeed it is. Though it is easier for you to reproduce (time wise) than it was for me to initially get to some rating (e.g. reading the whole thread if exists, writing the ratings and whatnot). However, before you spend your time on this you better make sure that you don't get suddenly excluded yourself for no-valid-reason-whatsoever, else your efforts are going to be wasted. Roll Eyes

I wouldn't even recommend that you go through that list unless theymos makes changes to DT1, which is not likely either.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:42:56 AM

One of the issues with negging so many people is that it forces them to create a new account, with the knowledge of what to avoid doing in future to avoid another neg.

What if negs by DT members were not visible to the user themselves, but only to other logged in members? Obviously there are some flaws to this idea, but I believe it could slow down the rate at which accounts are created and ditched.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:47:41 AM

One of the issues with negging so many people is that it forces them to create a new account, with the knowledge of what to avoid doing in future to avoid another neg.

What if negs by DT members were not visible to the user themselves, but only to other logged in members? Obviously there are some flaws to this idea, but I believe it could slow down the rate at which accounts are created and ditched.
They usually notice when they're kicked out of their signature campaigns or are told by other users that they wish to trade with, "you have red trust".

Doesn't do much. And also, isn't making people avoid getting tagged a good thing? They'll stop scamming. They will avoid ponzi schemes. Etc.
The only problem is discreet account selling... which you can't avoid regardless.

I see no benefit in making red trust unnoticeable to the user that is tagged. It would use some extra server resources and overall have little to no point.

Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:56:38 AM

All I see is a long list of username couldn't decipher how that works.

Could someone explain it to me like I'm little child so I could comprehend what's going on here Huh
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:58:35 AM

Well if all the people that leave tons of negatives are now no longer DT, who is going to make people red
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:01:43 AM

How beneficial to the forum. Whatever.

I think it's quite funny that TC previously left me a positive rating for a deal that never happened, but now I'm less active than ever I'm suddenly not to be trusted.

I would argue that if either Blazed or hilariousandco does not remove Lauda from their trust list in light of the above, they should be removed from being trusted directly by DefaultTrust.
You're wrong. Whether you disagree with it or not, the system is working as intended. No one should be punished for using it as such.
cheater detector

Activity: 213
Merit: 53

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:03:10 AM

Oh damn, who will negged all scammers/cheaters then?

I have revealed 88 cheater accounts on here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.0

Now these account (which already got negged by Lauda) back to neutral trust again after s/he got removed from DT2 and these cheater will start to cheat again.
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:04:59 AM

Oh come on..
You have got to be kidding me. First,The Pharmacist and now Lauda?
Who's next?
actmyname (After a step) and ibminer "anyone tagging scammers"

All I see is a long list of username couldn't decipher how that works.

Could someone explain it to me like I'm little child so I could comprehend what's going on here Huh
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;full

I wouldn't even recommend that you go through that list unless theymos makes changes to DT1, which is not likely either.
That's what will happen

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:11:01 AM

Now these account (which already got negged by Lauda) back to neutral trust again after s/he got removed from DT2 and these cheater will start to cheat again.
That's what OP wants. He is/was the mastermind of farming and account sales after all.

actmyname (After a step) and ibminer "anyone tagging scammers"
This:
However, before you spend your time on this you better make sure that you don't get suddenly excluded yourself for no-valid-reason-whatsoever, else your efforts are going to be wasted. Roll Eyes

Given the collusion, it is not unlikely that actmyname is going to receive 1 more exclusion. ibminer is *safer*.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: